“Clean, neat, great location & relatively inexpensive”

TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #5 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
North Carolina
“Clean, neat, great location & relatively inexpensive”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We spent only one night here and what a relief it was to find it right off the freeway on a dark and rainy night. The recption area is seems small, but it was all that was needed and it allows more room for a small lobby and eating area.

The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable and the business desk area permitted me to spread out some documents and go to work with the free Wifi.

It was a great place to spend the night on the road.

Room Tip: The Fairfield Inn has a better breakfast.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Whitby, Canada
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here in August of 2012 and very much enjoyed our stay. The location was great, right off the highway and 5 mins to our relatives house who we were down visiting. The rooms were very nice, newer decor and comfortable beds. We had a little kitchenette in our room and were able to make dinner for ourselves instead of going out to eat. Check-in was very quick and easy, and the breakfast was just enough for what we needed.
All in all, it was a great stay and would definately stay here again when we visit the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Greensboro
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I called this hotel 3 weeks in advance to make a reservation so that I could be guaranteed a physically handicapped accessible room. When I made the reservation I stated that I need two adjoining rooms with one having an accessible shower and that I needed to be on the ground floor. I was guaranteed that my requests would be granted. But when I arrived at the hotel, I was told that I had two rooms on the first floor and that the rooms were not accessible. It took management at least an hour to find me two rooms on e ground floor and they were not adjoins and they were not accessible. I had to ask for a shower chair and then struggle trying to it my disabled sister into the tub to give her a shower and to make mattes worse the tub was slippery and the shower head was stationary. Also the breakfast the offer was meager to say the least and the water was so soft you could not rinse clean. This was a horrible stay and I would not recommend is hotel to anyone let alone a person with a disability. They were just damn lucky that my sister didn't get hurt while showering and trying to maneuver in her chair in such tight quarters. Wa is the pint to make specials requests and then be guarantee them in the phone but when you show up you don't get what you requested? Housekeeping didn't even replace our towels. We had to go to the front desk several time to ask to floor towels. This was the most horrible stay that I had at a hotel while traveling with my disabled sister. I definitely would no recommend this place to anyone let alone a persons with a disability.

Grand Ledge, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and we were very comfortable. The staff are young and very casual and very pleasant. There is no lobby, the check-in area is tiny and congested and the breakfast area is very small but our 3rd floor suite was spacious. The bathroom space was small but functional. Overall, we would pick this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Whitelaw, Wisconsin
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Great place for visit with children. Plenty of outdoor/green space to play outside. Nice warm pool area with none slip deck, another plus with kids. Very attentive staff, from front desk, breakfast matron, to housekeeping staff. Large, spacious rooms with a firm comfortable mattress with your choice of pillows, feather or foam. Breakfast has a nice variety of healthy choices. The only negative I have, and the reason I gave an average for cleanliness, is that they allow smokers right outside the main entrance and there are cigarette butts all around the entrance, very unsightly!

Room Tip: Top floor, it felt we had someone jumping on our heads most of our stay.
chicago
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I am a Marriott PLATINUM member...... so be careful - this is how they treat me.

i checked in friday nite at 1130pm.... and the room was dirty! blankets on couch and bed, pillows tossed about..... someone had partied in there BEFORE i arrived!

i called the front desk.... the moved me to a new room..... it was dirty too! dirty kleenex and cardboard remnants..... etc.

DO YOU KNOW HOW BAD THIS IS!? checking into a DIRTY room? not hidden dirt - i mean SOMEONE HAS BEEN IN HERE DOING SOMETHING DIRT and MESS.

NOT A GOOD PLACE in my opinion....... made me VERY NERVOUS.

1 Thank p-mshires
La Grange, Illinois
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Really great location and outstanding staff! James at the front desk handled my reservation and bereavement rate with professionalism and compassion. Excellent room and free access to a really nice health club that is 5 minutes away. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family