“Awesome staff, clean hotel and good location”

TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #6 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at Towneplace suites after a long 9 hour drive from Minnesota and I was greeted by Sharon at 5am who checked me in and even hooked me up with a deal for checking in so late.She was the first of many friendly people who helped me get familiar with the Hotel and the surroundings. I slept past breakfast but used their on site laundry facilities and pool later and was impressed with the accommodations they offered all their guests. Overall, this was one of my best hotel experiences I've had. I came from a big city so a generous free parking lot with was super nice and the free coffee 24/7 was a nice kicker too. Just so many good things to say! Definitely recommend this for anyone who wants a quiet night and a little extra accommodations to make the trip special.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Large rooms, clean, well appointed. Internet service is complimentary and worked well. I left my shoes behind and they arrived on my doorstep within 24 hours of when I called to inquire about them. Tony shipped them UPS as a courtesy, free of charge to me. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Great location right off I-94. Quiet rooms. Staff very welcoming. Suites are great for families with kids. Laundry on site. Also pet friendly and close to WMU and KVCC. Free breakfast not bad, not great. Walking distance to Cracker Barrel.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was an extended stay and for much of it we were pleased. Rooms are ok, spacious enough, cleaning is sub par. I would have recommended this to family, friends and coworkers; however, one day I was standing in the hallway and listened to two of the maids use the most filthy language to describe their guests and still the pondered why they were left not a single tip. They used words I won't even mention here that coincide with "dirty/nasty" and even though they saw me out in the hallway, the conversation still continued for a good 15 minutes. I wish I had their names, but I can say it was the first floor maid and the second floor maid. I will not return here or recommend this to anyone. This staff needs to be retrained on etiquette/customer service.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarafene R
GMTPSKZOO, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the TownePlace Suites in Kalamazoo, MI. We value all forms of guest feedback as an opportunity to continually improve our services and facilities for our guests.
We are very concerned to learn about your experience with our staff as it fell short of our expectations as well as yours. Please accept our most sincere apologies that you were left with such poor reflection of our staff. We would like to assure you that we pay careful attention to feedback such as you have provided, taking immediate steps to correct any deficiencies. We would like you to reach out to us, the General Manager (Gary) to discuss this further. That way we can ensure that we are providing all of our guests with a great memorable experience. Our direct number to our hotel is 269-353-1500.
We hope to have the opportunity to restore your confidence in the TownePlace Suites in Kalamazoo. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I travel extensively for business and this facility has by far exceeded my expectations on every level. The manager, Tony Farragh has had to change my reservations on several occasions and has been pleasant, professional, and willing to help on a moments notice every single time. When I check in I am remembered by name and am always greeted warmly. The service in my room is always top notch. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone and am very thankful to them!

Sent from my iPad

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

We visit the area twice a year for a week at a time and our usual hotel was completely booked. Spent tons of time trying to find a good clean hotel, located on the West side of Kalamazoo with a kitchen in the room, reasonably priced. We found it. The room was clean, the kitchen was more than we needed, there was a useful workspace and the bed was comfortable. Two minor down sides: very odd TV placement and no hot food in the breakfast buffet. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This property was extremely disappointing... We expected so much more. We had a king studio and the room was set up so strange. The tv was off to the side as it was an after thought when placed. You could not view the tv from the bed OR from the sofa. The sheets do not fit the bed and were constantly coming off every time you attempted to re position on the bed. The bathroom is extremely small.. To begin with there is no cover for the toilet. The shower curtain is way too long by about 3 inches... Therefore you are standing on it. In addition there was black hair along the floor bathroom baseboards therefore the cleaning was not up to expectations. Not up to our standards. Especially considering this is a marriott property. Does not compare to hampton inns.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family