“Security Lapse and band aids”

TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #6 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Detroit, Michigan
“Security Lapse and band aids”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We were in town to visit WMU the weekend of the 20th for two nights.. We selected this location for a fair price, and its nice reviews.
The room was quite spacious, comfortable and clean (for the most part). The staff was adequate, not really overwhelming. Breakfast as others have noticed was not a bonus. Internet was very good. So far so good.

The things that have me to reduce the rating,and frankly not pleased with the location are:

The walls must be quite thin as both nights there was excessive noises from joining rooms. Not parties, just too easy to hear loud talking next door and in the hall.

Worse yet, while we had a non-smoking room, the ventilation poured someone else's smoke pretty heavy, truly reducing a good night's sleep

There was a used band aid on the floor. It was not picked up on the second days cleaning either.

Additionally, there was shampoo and an open bar of soap left on the top of the shower. I have to assume someone cleaning did not look up that high, but all three of us WERE able to see them. Once again, they remained for both days.

However, the event that really needs to be addressed and was not as of yet was upon return to the room the second evenings, the "door jam" was left on and the room was open for an unknown amount of time. Luckily, I took my laptop with us and left it in the car. (as unlike many places there is no room safe)

My wife immediately went down to the front desk to make them aware She was told the manager would contact us. It is now two weeks later and we have yet to hear from the hotel to assure nothing was stolen.

1 Thank Mark G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great price, nice breakfast, and new rooms. Pretty standard beds and room layout, but the service was nice. The only drawback is that extended stay hotels seem to attract temporary workers that were a little creepy.

1 Thank Devin L
Minocqua, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Breakfast is not comparable to other chains. Rooms ok, could use more comfortable chairs in rooms. Staff is very helpful. Cracker Barrel is right next door. Location is a plus. I would stay there again, but would like to see breakfast choices upgraded.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
TFDOSTOWNEPLACE, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I’m Tony, GM at the Towneplace Suites by Marriott Kalamazoo. Thank you so much for staying with us and leaving feedback. I’m glad that we made your trip enjoyable. Our breakfast includes quick healthy options that are standard for the Towneplace Suites brand; we continuously seek new options to add. We hope to see you again on your next trip to the area. Have a great day!
West Burlington
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed here for five days over Memorial Day while we attended a dog show, and found this to be a wonderfully dog friendly hotel with beautiful grounds for walking. The room was large, clean, and quiet. The internet service was reliable and surprisingly fast. The friendly and helpful staff even assisted us when we took down the exercise pens for the dogs. The breakfast was adequate...oatmeal, cereal, bagels, muffins, etc. It was located close to a Cracker Barrel, which was convenient. The only drawback was that they were often very late in making up the rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stayed at Towneplace suites after a long 9 hour drive from Minnesota and I was greeted by Sharon at 5am who checked me in and even hooked me up with a deal for checking in so late.She was the first of many friendly people who helped me get familiar with the Hotel and the surroundings. I slept past breakfast but used their on site laundry facilities and pool later and was impressed with the accommodations they offered all their guests. Overall, this was one of my best hotel experiences I've had. I came from a big city so a generous free parking lot with was super nice and the free coffee 24/7 was a nice kicker too. Just so many good things to say! Definitely recommend this for anyone who wants a quiet night and a little extra accommodations to make the trip special.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Large rooms, clean, well appointed. Internet service is complimentary and worked well. I left my shoes behind and they arrived on my doorstep within 24 hours of when I called to inquire about them. Tony shipped them UPS as a courtesy, free of charge to me. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Great location right off I-94. Quiet rooms. Staff very welcoming. Suites are great for families with kids. Laundry on site. Also pet friendly and close to WMU and KVCC. Free breakfast not bad, not great. Walking distance to Cracker Barrel.

Stayed March 2014