Clarion Inn
US$126
US$122
US$117
US$159
Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo(Kalamazoo)(Great Value!)
US$154
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$176
US$169
All reviewshot itemsincluded breakfastbreakfast ladyan older hotelpet feebiscuits and gravywafflesenjoyed my staypillowsmeganhighwayuniversity
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We had to go back to Michigan a couple of weeks ago and stayed at the Best Western again. Once again the staff was EXCELLENT - especially Caitlyn and Taylor at the front desk and Becky who sets-up the breakfast each morning. The cleaning staff was also very friendly every day and went above and beyond (delivering us a small refrigerator to store our toddler's milk.) The pool was clean and refreshing at the end of our long days. Also, the beds were VERY comfortable. I think maybe they have new mattresses. Not at 5 star in looks, (a tad dated looking) but a nice place to stay, for sure!

Room Tip: Not all rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, but they will try to accomodate you if there is one available.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Denvergal1234
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Unfortunately, my experiences with hotels in the past several weeks have been horrible, due to theft involving staff. The Best Western takes the cake in being the most audacious, unprofessional establishment I've seen in quite some time.
After a lengthy check in, I proceeded to my room,opened the door and the heavy stench of smoke and cologne overwhelmed me. I was already late for a meeting across town, so I decided to take a shower and deal with the smell promising myself to never stay there again. Huge mistake on my part. As I rush out of the bathroom with a towel around me, I notice it's very drafty in the room. I look over the bed and finally see there was a very large window, open to the parking lot and the busy street completely ajar! It didn't have a screen and it was certainly big enough for an adult to climb through. Creeped out at this point, I get dressed, and use the sink to brush my teeth. I wasn't surprised to find the sink was clogged. I decide to head to the front desk to change my room. I won't go through the details of how long it took to get another room or how dismissive and unempathetic the front desk was about wasting my time.

A half hour later, I receive a key to my new room. AGAIN, the room stinks. A musty sort of funk I can't quite put my finger on. Good grief! I walk out of the hotel, fuming, check into another hotel, now an hour late and realizing I stupidly left my sunglasses at the Best Western. The desk attendant takes down my info, and says she'll ring me when she finds out what happened to my glasses. I specified precisely where and when I left them, however I didn't receive a call back. After three separate calls to this hotel, each of them not receiving a call back, I concluded that I would probably never see my glasses again. I made the final FOURTH attempt to call the hotel firmly letting them know that I'm aware my glasses were stolen. The hotel manager dismissively told me that she didn't find any glasses and ended the conversation claiming that since I was in two different rooms, I didn't know where I left them.
So now, I'm out over a hundred dollars for a lousy hotel room, a 350 dollar pair of Gucci glasses, and my sanity.
My advice is to proceed with caution if you need to stay in this hotel. Lock up your valuables, insist on a clean, safe room and don't expect service of any kind. The staff is unfortunate and disheveled looking at best. I don't understand why a major hotel chain would hire people who are so incompetent and slovenly. Clearly they're not paying the staff enough if they have to steal from their patrons. Be aware!

Room Tip: You might have a better chance of getting a clean room if you sleep in the maid's closet.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Prettipetite
Reviewed 6 May 2012

OK. SO i spent a few nights here and swam ate the breakfast btw this was for my brothers bowlling tourmunt in poratge michigan. the bad things about this hotel are the rooom walls had black marks all over them and then the pool had this white crap in it(it looked like it was comming from the filter).speaking of the filter it was comming of and me (14) would not go in the deep end because i did not want to get my hair caught in it..........then my dad and i wanted water because we ran out of it and on the first floor all there was, was vitem water witch we hate then I (by my self) went up to the 2nd floor and all there was,was diet coke. next the third floor me and my dad still did not get water that did not even work it took our money and the front desk would not give us it back. the beds were not coftreable at all and on the website it said we could get a fridge but no they said "NO".......... P.S- I was on the first floor room 109

Room Tip: The guets room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank dani s
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel in February.. I didn't write a review because I was so angry about the service and cleaness.

They don't clean your room, including the bathtub, you can leave the food trash everyday and if you don't put it in the trash basket, they won't do it (I purposely acumulated it for several days).

The pool and gym were not available for several days.

At the corridor, in front of the elevator entrance, someone poured something like vanilla milkshake and remained dirty until the next day.

And don't expect so much about the buffet, if you are lucky, may be you'll find scramble eggs instead of cold "boiled eggs". The person responsible for the buffet is the receptionist, so imagine how this person prepares the food, clean tables?, while he/she attends the front desk.

We complained directly with the general manager since the first day, but nothing change the next 9 days...

If you travel that area, there are several hotels next to this hotel and there are also restaurants, so be careful, ok ?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I find the staff at the front office very friendly and helpful for the direction of the local attractions. Free buffet breakfast is always nice. Very good rate for my business and pleasure stay there. This is one of the large Best Western that I stay for my trips.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business