“Good location”
Review of Hall House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kalamazoo
Hall House
Ranked #5 of 6 Kalamazoo B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is a very quiet house located on the edge of campus of Kalamazoo College. We enjoyed our stay. We had a very informative house tour and the breakfast was nice. Some of the furnishings and antiques are fascinating.
The only problems were toiletries from the Dollar store (a rarity!) and very little heat at night. They also have some incredible regulation posted online that says that you can check-in only between 4:30 and 6:30PM. I don't know if it is enforced but please do let them know when are you planning to arrive. You probably don't want to spend the night outside.

Room Tip: Each room is different; make a selection based on the photos posted online
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
house275, Owner at Hall House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2013

We thank you for your review and the nice comments. In response to your other concerns; Be assured we never purchase any items from the dollar store. Soap, make-up remover wipes and shoe shine cloths are purchased from a Bed & Breakfast supply company.Shampoo and conditioner are purchased in regular size bottles instead of all those tiny bottles so as to be environmentally conscious. We apologize if you were cold on the second night of your stay. During check-in we encourage guests to let us know if there is anything they need or if there are any problems during their stay. This way any guests needs or problems can be immediately addressed. We live on site and can be contacted by dialing a two digit number on your room phone. Our normal check-in time is 4:30 - 6:30 p.m., later check-ins can be accommodated. It is common practice with Bed & Breakfasts to have a set check-in time(s), which varies from B&B to B&B. We ask guests to inform us if they are going to arrive at a different time, which you did with your 9:30 p.m arrival and which we gladly accommodated you with.
Don't worry folks, a comfortable bed inside the house awaits you.

There are newer reviews for Hall House

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at the clean, friendly and beautiful appearance of the Hall House and by it's owners, The Griffiths. My room was spacious and luxuious with all the comforts of home plus the added delight of home baked goodies in the morning made by Mrs. Griffith! I was so impressed with the large iron-clad bath tub and walk-in shower with multiple shower heads. I was compelled to soak and it completely relaxed me. Then the inviting canopy bed lulled me to sleep in the safe, quiet neighborhood environment. I opened the large windows for fresh air. I awoke so refreshed, and didn't even need the wake-call or alarm clock, provided. The check-in and -out process was so easy and convenient that I commented to Mr. and Mrs. Griffith that I wished I had more time to spend there and I would definately be back at the next possible opportunity!!!

Room Tip: I had a tour and each room is different and delightful, depending on your needs at time of travel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 February 2013

My colleague and I stayed here as a guest of Kalamazoo College. We were so comfortable and well cared for, it was hard to leave. The house is across from campus, just down the hill from the campus center, library and performing arts complex. The accomodations are superb, very comfortable and spacious. Breakfast is delicious, just the right combination of something warm and additional treats. The innkeeper is very friendly but doesn't hover and is sure to make sure you have what you need, no problem. We especially appreciated the extra treat of hot tea/cocoa and cookies left on the second floor for enjoyment after sloshing around in about a foot of snow! Just stay here, you don't need to look further.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My husband and I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts across this country and in Canada. We rate this B&B among the best. For starters, the Inn is very clean and conveniently located across the street from Kalamazoo College. We did not meet David Griffith, but Cathy Griffith, the innkeeper, was extremely congenial. We found her to be a great conversationalist and helpful without being intrusive. Our breakfast, although billed as continental plus, was anything but merely continental. We enjoyed a hot entreé with fresh fruit, muffins, juice and coffee. Everything was delicious. We were even offered seconds although the first go-round had already filled us up. We have already put this on our must-return-to list and highly recommend this B&B to anyone in need of quiet and superb accommodations in Kalamazoo.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Have stayed 2-3x/year for the last 4 years. Kathy is a wonderful host who makes you feel welcome.

Reservations are easy, Kathy has always answered the phone and attentive to your needs. Remember there are times when things are busy at K College next door or WMU down the street, so book well in advance for those busy times.

Nice location, convenient to the colleges and downtown.

The house is beautiful and quiet. Rooms, linens and common areas spotless. Good wifi.

Breakfast is wonderful, there is usually a daily special along with lots of cold cereal, fruit, breads.

I'll miss staying here when my daughter graduates in May.

Room Tip: Talk to the host about it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We were blown away by this beautiful house! You could see that no expense was spared in the building of this house in 1923, as this house is mostly original, and in wonderful repair. Add to this beautiful home some tasteful decor and genuine hospitality, and you have a "don't miss" place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Wonderful home, great innkeeper, blueberry pancakes were fantastic, innkeeper even made some without blueberries for our son. Very attentive. Room was comfortable and clean. Very friendly for our son and quiet for us.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family