“average rooms, avoid their restaurant”

Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The rooms were very worn when we stayed here, and are in need of a refurb. However, everything was clean and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Location is great for easy access to down town. Avoid the attached bar (Burdicks) as the staff there are incompetent (failing to cut off a tab at a stated max, demanding we taste their soda after we sent back a vodka soda that tasted strange)

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,988)

Reviewed 29 December 2011

My wife and I spent one night here just before Christmas this year, and the hotel suited our needs quite well. The room wasn't as nice as I expected, but it was more than adequate. The location and connected restaurants/bars exceeded our expectations, as we finished our evening at Burdicks, which was very convenient. I would definitely suggest the Radisson Plaza while staying in Kalamazoo if you don't mind spending a little more for a lot more quality.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which made for a nice view, but caused the furniture in the room to have to be...
Reviewed 28 December 2011

checked in over the christmas holiday. Room was clean, bedding was amazing, king bed was a dial your comfort bed which was so amazing! Location was perfect ad hotel bar/restaurant was affordable and fun and served food later.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Wonderful stay. My girlfriend and I have traveled extensively and this was far away one of the nicer hotels we've stayed at. Although we didn't get a chance to peruse any of the dining options, the restaurants smelled lovely and the public area restrooms were about as clean as I've ever seen at a hotel with so much going on.
The desk staff was very courteous and the only sour part of the trip was the cost of parking. I will surely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Kalamazoo. Well worth the price.

Room Tip: If you are traveling during the week always ask for an upgrade. The hotel is very slow and they migh...
Reviewed 22 December 2011

We went to this hotel for a weekend getaway. It could not be better located. We walked to the charming park with traditional Christmas decorations, and strolled the cute shops and great nightlife spots nearby. The hotel itself is like a small city, with great restaurants and a very nice clothing store, Sydney's. The very best thing is the brunch in the hotel. They had Bananas Foster to put on top of the made to order pancakes or waffles, tons of unusual breads, fruit, omeletes...it rocked.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nicer views
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I stayed at the Radisson hotel in Kalamazoo for a few nights on an interview a few weeks back. It had just recently snowed and I couldnt read any of the street signs and one of the desk staff, Jess was her name i think, stayed on the phone with me and guided me into the hotel based on her vivid pictoral knowledge of town until I made it in. I was running late to get to a dinner and had to run up to my room (very clean, comfortable, ofcourse) and she hand wrote out directions to the destination with descriptions of what I would see at the important points should the street signs be covered with snow. Ive stayed at some extremely nice hotels and B&Bs, but Ive never had service like that which I received while at the Radisson. Thankyou Jess!- I made it on time to my interview and didnt get lost even though not a street sign was visible the whole way; you are fantastic!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2011

My wife and I stayed at the hotel over the weekend and in addition to the staff being very pleasant. We had a great room. In addition they will be getting ready to do a remodel which we thought wouldn't be needed at this date but nice to see they want to keep the hotel apperance up.