“Front Desk Service is Second to None.”

Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Saint Joseph, Michigan, United States
“Front Desk Service is Second to None.”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

On my recent trip to Kalamazoo, I elected to stay at the Radisson Plaza in downtown Kalamazoo, and I was blown away by first the high quality of the amenities and secondly by the extremely friendly and helpful front desk staff. The first staff member that I encountered was Ashley from Gobles. I had a few questions regarding the parking situation in the adjacent ramp, without hesitation or question she was able to address my concerns with extreme ease. The second staff member that I came into contact was Alyssa when I went to the front desk to check out. Alyssa extremely helpful in addressing a few concerns that I had with my bill. The service that I received from the above mentioned staff was at a level that I was beyond satisfied with, and I would recommend this hotel based on the the professionalism and helpfulness of the staff alone.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I stayed there a few weeks ago and came in very late. I was surprised at the level of service I received. Alot of places I've stayed at had horrible night front desk people who were tired and cranky. But the girls at the front desk here are personalble and you can tell they really enjoy working there. I have to give a special mention to Mary. She took the time to notice that I was staying a couple nights but had a room with two beds. She asked if I would like a room with one bed since I was by myself. When I declined she insisted that she put me in a room with 2 queens. Im glad she did. The view was wonderful and the room was spacious. It was the best stay ever. I highly recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you want a room with 2 beds, request a room with 2 queens.
chicago
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The hotel is amazing! It gives you the feel of a chic downtown hotel in a nice mid west city. The only complaint i had was the price for parking but i will pay it any time for that kind of service. The front desk you can tell has a lot of college kids working it, i was not expecting much to be honest. I'm pretty sure i was checking in right at shift switch over ( there were about 5 of them at the desk) this also made me a little worried that they would be more into there conversations. Let me tell you how wrong i was. I was greeted by about 3 of them all at once. They were great. Ashley and Alicia were very talkative to me right away. They seemed to have a very good working pattern together. I was checking into the hotel late, and as a man who travels for business a lot i know that hotel employees are never excited to be at work late into the night. Once again i was wrong. They were in great moods! Joking around with me, yet making sure my check in was smooth and fast. The guys at valet were great too, Ask for Nate if you valet that guy was fantastic! I went and had a few drinks at the bar inside the hotel with some co workers and stopped by the desk again on my way up to my room to ask for a wake up call and the girls remembered my name and my room number! The staff at this hotel is some of the best. The bar was a little lack on service for such a slow night, and there was no food being served which was a let down. Overall great experience!

Room Tip: Get a room without the sleep number beds!
1 Thank tj c
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 6 times in the last year. Rooms are ok, fitness center is excellent, restaurants and location is great for Kalamazoo. My only real complaint is the service. I had 2 terrible experiences and asked for a follow-up from a manager multiple times and never heard anything. The front desk staff is very variable - sometimes fantastic, sometimes snooty and nasty. It depends on who you get. I would not expect a snooty attitude in kalamazoo, so I have been quite surprised with the staff. The rooms also vary in quality. Some of the suites are very lovely, yet other rooms are small and dark. Ask for a suite if one is available and hopefully you will NE fortunate enough to get friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2011
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 January 2012

great place, great location, nice rooms and great staff lots of bars in the area.

smikolay
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The rooms were very worn when we stayed here, and are in need of a refurb. However, everything was clean and the hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Location is great for easy access to down town. Avoid the attached bar (Burdicks) as the staff there are incompetent (failing to cut off a tab at a stated max, demanding we taste their soda after we sent back a vodka soda that tasted strange)

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 December 2011

My wife and I spent one night here just before Christmas this year, and the hotel suited our needs quite well. The room wasn't as nice as I expected, but it was more than adequate. The location and connected restaurants/bars exceeded our expectations, as we finished our evening at Burdicks, which was very convenient. I would definitely suggest the Radisson Plaza while staying in Kalamazoo if you don't mind spending a little more for a lot more quality.

Room Tip: We had a corner room, which made for a nice view, but caused the furniture in the room to have to be...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple