“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Muskegon, MI
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stay at the Radisson Kalamazoo often on week days for work and am amazed at how consistently wonderful this hotel is. Every person from the parking valets to the housekeeping staff go above and beyond to be helpful and friendly. Kalinda, in the concierge lounge is great and always greets me warmly and by first name!

But for me the best part is the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms. Each night when I come back to my room I get that "ahhh" feeling like I get at home! The staff are very responsive and go out of their way to make sure I have everything I need to be comfortable.

I have the opportunity to stay at various other places but I'll keep coming back because I know I can expect top service and an excellent place to stay while away from home.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear Carolyn,

Thank you so much for your commendation. What a great review! We truly appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are glad that we continuously exceed your expectations. The Radisson "Yes I Can" motto is deeply instilled in our staff and that is what makes your stays even better. It is our goal to make sure that we provide a "home away from home" experience, so we are happy to know that you get that "ahhh" feeling when you get to your room every night.

We look forward to your next visit! It is always a pleasure...

Thanks again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Schaumburg, Illinois
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I took my husband for a birthday weekend visit to some Michigan breweries. I chose this hotel because it seemed like a great location in which we could walk to all of the downtown Kalamazoo establishments I had chosen to visit.

The Radisson is a pretty bustling busy hotel. Always a lot of people around the place. We were checked in right away when we arrived. Valet took our car immediately. The room was clean and comfortable. The mini fridge was a nice touch as I was purchasing a cake to take home (for the birthday) from a local market and was hoping I would have a place to store it. The bathroom was tiny but worked fine for our needs.

Only 2 minor nit-picks. The water pressure in the shower was TERRIBLE!! The water was nice and hot and drained well but there was just no pressure. Also, we called down to the front desk to have our car brought up for check out as we were a little bit on a time budget. The car was there waiting for us which was great, I just thought their valet department was a little lacking in assistance. The gentleman who helped us was very polite and I gave him a nice tip. I just am used to the valet people helping with your luggage and really trying to earn their tip. Here I was lucky to get them to hold the door for me. I don't think it was any type of intentional lacking of assistance, maybe it just didn't come to mind. It wasn't a big deal for me, but something I did observe.

The sports bar was nice and it was very busy but the service was good. The NCAA tournament game was one and the place was packed but we were still served promptly.

Overall the Radisson is a good hotel and one I would recommend. If we go back to Kalamazoo this is definitely where we'll stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GorillaPaper
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Thanks so much for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel and for also taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to visit some of our local breweries. Our town is booming with breweries, wineries and many unique shops and retail stores; Great choice for a birthday outing with your husband. I am happy to hear that our valet service was prompt upon your arrival and departure. I do however, apologize for the low water pressure in your room and the lack of attention to seeing you out. We definitely appreciate any and all feedback. I will inform the necessary parties as to bring attention to these matters.

We appreciate having you as a guest and are pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable. We look forward to your next stay! :)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A group of us stayed here for a 3-day conference last week. The hotel staff was always friendly and went out of their way to assist us if needed. The room itself was clean and with great decor; everyone was very comfortable. The conference venue was well set up and met all of our needs. A few presentations had experienced technical difficulties, but Radisson staff tried their best to remedy the situation. The hotel is a 5-10 minute walk to breweries and centrally located. Will definitely return the next time I'm in the Kalamazoo area!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Ambkaycl,

Thank you for your time in sharing your experience with me. I am happy to see we were able to take care of your needs and that your stay was enjoyable overall. I will share your comments with the entire team and properly recognize our associates for their efforts. Thank you again for choosing us and for your time in writing this feedback.

We look forward to your next visit! :)
New York City
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Was recently here on business, front desk and shuttle drivers very helpful/friendly, & professional, lots of choices for breakfast, also a very good sports pub serving some wonderful local beers.
my only problem was the printer was not working, but the front desk gladly printed out our hockey tickets, the printer was still in need of servicing by the time we left, could not print boarding passes, but, overall, this Radisson is terrific, centrally located and very well run and maintained.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thanks so much for sharing your experience! We appreciate being able to call you our guest here at Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo, MI. It’s great to know that our staff, and location were favorable. I do agree that our dining choices inside of the hotel are of great taste and the local beer is a staple too! The Greater Kalamazoo area will have 37 wineries, 25 breweries by the end of 2014. Please do come back and visit. Maybe we can arrange a brewery tour for you.

We look forward to your next visit!

Cheers!
Milton, Vermont
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I stayed at the Radisson Kalamazoo for one night in February while in town on business. It was probably one of the nicest hotels I’ve ever stayed at. The hotel looks like it is inside of a shopping mall, or maybe it is the shopping mall that is inside the hotel, I’m not sure, but either way it was a very nice hotel. The staff was all very pleasant and the room I had was gorgeous. There was a king bed in one room and then in a separate room was a living area with a kitchenette. It was so spacious. The bathroom was also very well decorated and bright. I didn’t make the reservation so I wasn’t sure what to expect, but it was pretty awesome.

It is located in the downtown area so there is a lot to do within walking distance. I wasn’t in town long enough to try out any of the restaurants or lounges inside the hotel, but the menus looked good and they looked like they had a very comfortable atmosphere. There was a lounge located on the 9th floor where my room was which I thought was pretty cool. I didn’t use the pool area but went downstairs and looked at it. It was very big and had a beautiful ambiance. Next to the pool area was also the exercise room which was quite big. I believe they have memberships for people who live in the area as well. The business center had a special kiosk where I could print my boarding pass which was very convenient. There is also a spa located inside the building. It didn’t look like the hotel had a parking facility but they did have valet parking which was $20/day. If I was traveling for personal reasons I would definitely prefer to park my own car as that does seem a little bit pricey, but that really is the only flaw I noticed that would be offsetting to me. I would have liked to stay longer to explore more of the area and the hotel, but if I ever come back to Kalamazoo I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nicole H
Dear Nicole H,
Thanks for sharing your feedback with our travel community! Our goal is to provide each and every guest with an experience which exceeds expectations, and I am delighted to learn that we accomplished this goal during your stay. It’s great to know that your recent stay was an enjoyable experience and you found the location and hotel outlets to be convenient and close to all your points of interest. I am happy to know that you enjoyed comfort of our rooms and lounge and you found our staff pleasant. Self-parking in our parking structure across from the hotel is definitely cheaper and is only a short walk on our Skywalk that connects directly to the hotel.

Thank you for recommendations and we will be looking to welcome you back in the future! :)

Cheers!
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We run 3 conference a year at various locations in Michigan. For a conference of our size (600) there really is no better place in the state. The staff is great the facilities are perfect and the location couldn't be much better. Parking is a little pricey.

2 Thank Steve P
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Thanks for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo! What a wonderful review!! We are happy to be your choice hotel in Michigan for your conference. Our staff works hard to make sure that we deliver the best possible service in all areas. It is always great to hear from our guests. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting your next event!

It is always a pleasure... :)
Ohio
Reviewed 24 March 2014

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Shared a room with friends for a conference. Everything from the room to the pool and the restaurants was memorable. I think the only thing that could be improved was the parking situation, which was a bit confusing.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank R0b3000
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo. We are so happy to hear that we are one of the best hotels you have visited. Your comments are very important to us. We strive to provide exceptional customer service and we sincerely apologize for the confusion you experienced with parking. We eagerly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Many thanks! :)