“Always a good experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Always a good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times over the years, and always have a good experience. The staff is very friendly and helpful, and the hotel is centrally located in downtown. The breakfast bar at Breakfast at Burdick's is very good and usually fast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Ambystoma1,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience at Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo, MI. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our staff's excellent "Yes, I Can" service. On behalf of our entire staff, we are looking forward to your next stay!

We appreciate your loyalty. :)

Cheers!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is a great hotel. In particular, the service from the staff was really fantastic. The bellhop guys were considerate and thoughtful, and everybody was friendly. The room was really comfortable etc.. but by a long way the best thing was the kindness and generosity of the staff.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ClareMedieval
Dear ClareMedieval,

What a great review!! Thank you for rating our property, we appreciate the positive feedback! Our staff take great pride in their Yes, I Can service and are happy to be there for any of our guest's needs 24 hours a day. I am happy to know that you had a fantastic stay.

It would be a pleasure to have you back as our guest.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Centrally located, very nice newly updated hotel. Restaurant in the lobby along with convenience shop. Very quiet and clean hotel, bathrooms were surprisingly nice. If I'm ever back through I would stay here again every time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear DanHenry11,

Thanks so much for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel and for also taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad that you had the opportunity to visit. I am happy to hear that you were impressed with our hotel's cleanliness, location and size of rooms.

We appreciate having you as a guest and are pleased that your overall stay was enjoyable. We look forward to your next stay! :)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

It has been nearly a month since I left Kalamazoo and I still find myself thinking of the wonderful stay I had at the Radisson! To say the staff was friendly and accommodating would be an understatement! The wonderful people who work at the Radisson, particularly Amber, Kalinda, and Bryan, went above and beyond to make my week there an incredibly fun and memorable one! To start things off, Bryan picked me up from the hotel and even came into the airport lobby to find me so I would find my way! Bryan and the other shuttle drivers drove me to and from my work location each day of the week making for a stress free commute! The first night I got back to my hotel room, Amber had left a friendly note and some delicious Kalamazzo Kettlecorn for me to enjoy ... which I did, immediately! :) After hearing about my love of popcorn, Bryan surprised me with a gift basket full of some other local popcorn treats! I spent each morning chatting with Kalinda in the Concierge Lounge on the 9th floor and learning all about the fun things to do in Kalamazoo! It wasn't enough for Kalinda to simply tell me things to do on my day off, she also created an itinerary for me based on things she thought I would like and even met up with me for a trip to the bookstore and a local winery for a glass of wine!

The location of the hotel was perfect for anyone looking for convenience of being downtown, or anyone looking to explore as there is much to do within walking distance.

Everyone at the hotel was wonderful, in fact, everyone I encountered in Kalamazoo were wonderful! It was one of the most fun cities I had been to in awhile, which was quite the surprise considering the city's slogan has been "Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!"

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear FSU Lou Lou,

Wow!! Thank you for your amazing 5-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We are elated that you had a phenomenal experience during your stay and that you were able to take full advantage of our excellent location, accommodations and service. Our goal is to ensure every guest has a memorable stay and we are happy to help create that experience for you by any means necessary.

Thank you again for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo, MI! We look forward to welcoming you back again. It was such a pleasure having you as our guest! :)

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Came to Kalamazoo on business. Amenities were fantastic. Stayed on the 9th floor. 9th floor has a Concierge Lounge. I was able to check-in quickly, get settled in the room, then to the Lounge for a glass of wine and some free brownies. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful. One thing I don't like to see is housekeeping milling about the halls. Never saw one housekeeper, no carts to try and walk around, both on check in and departure. Valet was fast and courteous. I recommend this hotel to anyone, business or pleasure, alone or with family. My family and I will be coming back to Kalamazoo this summer on vacation, we are booking this hotel for sure. Great value for all of the upgrades and decor. Super satisfied customer here!!

Room Tip: Stay on the 9th floor. Complimentary breakfast in the Concierge Lounge, I was the only one there!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Kelly S,

What a magnificent review! I recall meeting you during your stay and I must say that it was truly a pleasure to have you as our guest. It is very rewarding to know we exceeded your expectations in the areas of our amenities, fast check-in, Concierge Lounge, overall staff hospitality, and decor. We value all of our guests here at the Radisson and each and every one of us works hard to ensure our guests are comfortable and have a great experience with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to your family vacation here this summer. The Concierge staff would love to help you map out fun options during your next stay so that you can have the ultimate Kalamazoo experience! :)

Michigan, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a pretty nice hotel. The parking is $15/night, seemed like it would be complementary, being that the hotel is in Kalamazoo, MI. I would expect that in a larger city (i.e. Chicago, New York, Detroit), but Kalamazoo?? Anyway, the staff was extremely helpful and quite polite, during check in. I didn't like the inconvenience of having to use you room key to operate the elevators. You have to swipe the key card in order to select your floor. No big deal, just a little inconvenient. The room was well-maintained, with updated décor. The bed was comfortable, and I slept pretty well. I really liked the toiletries they had in the bathroom. I actually looked into ordering them online, because they smelled so good! I did notice the toilet in my room was quite low to the ground, which was a little unusual. Lastly, they have a great breakfast buffet for $13.99. I think it is totally worth it, as it has a vast selection of food with an omelet station.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Shantaye,

Thank you for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo, MI! We really appreciate you taking the time out to provide us with insight into your experience. I am happy to hear that overall your stay was a good one. I agree that our breakfast restaurant really does a fantastic job with the buffet choices. It is great to know that you found our staff helpful and polite. We strive to provide our wonderful guests like you, with wonderful experiences.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Radisson Hotel is a beautiful hotel with a wonderfully professional and accommodating staff. I took my girls there for a birthday party. Our room was beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to make our stay great. They provided us with a conference room, free of charge, to celebrate our party. Hotel is close to downtown shops that we spent hours going through. Ate at Burdicks at the hotel and food and atmosphere were as nice as the hotel.

Green Features: The atmosphere is sophisticated but fun. They have something for everyone staying. Whether it is a business trip, family fun or a couples get away
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kalinda W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Jan G,
Thank you so much for choosing Radisson Plaza Hotel, Kalamazoo, MI. What a fabulous review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Our goal is to provide each and every guest with an experience which exceeds expectations, and I am delighted to learn that we accomplished this goal during your stay. It’s great to know that your recent stay was an enjoyable experience and you found the location and hotel outlets to be convenient and close to all your points of interest.

Please do come and see us again!