“Best Customer Service Ever”

Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Ranked #2 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Southfield
“Best Customer Service Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had issues with my car. Staff was extra kind and helped me immensely. I felt they cared about my problem and did everything I asked to help me - routing my mail, helping me stay in the car deck and not charging me for the days I couldn't move the car, Banquet food was very good. Someone cared about the preparation. taste and presentation were not lost in the large quantities prepared.

Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels

Tyler W, Concierge at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Sfldtraveller,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We are very happy to hear our staff was helpful to you in a difficult situation. We hope your car troubles were resolved without too much headache. Our banquet staff will also be very pleased to hear you enjoyed the meals they prepared for you! Please visit us again soon!

Tyler Wiltse

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Kalamazoo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hotel is located in an amazing city with a ton in the area to do. Such a neat place. The hotel's lobby and restaurants and bars are fantastic. The rooms are very clean and modernly decorated. Halls and elevators were hot.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brandy M,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! We are very happy to hear you enjoyed the various amenities we provide here at the Radisson. Also thank you for commenting on the temperature of the halls and elevators. That is an issue we will address.

Thanks again for your feedback!

freeland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Our only bad experience was a drunk at the vending machines which were outside our bedroom wall. He was pounding and shaking the machine at 1:00 in the morning. At was not the hotel fault. Rooms were comfortable, clean and we enjoyed our experience there.

Dear Steven W,

Thank you so much for your review of our property! We do apologize for the gentlemen that was causing a disturbance on your floor. Our security team tries to resolve these types of issues as quickly as possible so other guests are not disturbed. We're very happy to hear you enjoyed your stayed with us, please visit again soon!

Newberry, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I have been here for three conferences with up to 800 attendees. The available space is excellent. The staff and food service is excellent. About the only just OK thing is that the bathrooms are smaller. This location is right in the middle of downtown with many stores and a museum a block away.

Dear Gerald A,

Thank you so much for your 5-star review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Our staff will be pleased to hear you were satisfied with their service during your visits. Please come see us again soon!

Kalamazoo, MI, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel staff were friendly, efficient, and very helpful. Check in and out were fast & efficient, we received great guidance on restaurants, and help navigating the city. The rooms were very clean and the beds were some of the best we've ever slept in on the road. The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Kalamazoo, so that we could walk to restaurants, shopping, & movies. A great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Terri C,

Thank you for your excellent review! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay here at the Radisson. We hope your experiences around the city were as pleasant as your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

northern Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was very disappointed in the manner that they handled my request for an early check-in. I called the night before to request an early check-in and was told that was not an option but I could ask again when I arrived.
When I arrived the following day mid-morning, I again requested an early check-in and was told it was not available. This was difficult to understand as I KNOW they were not full the night before. They indicated they would call me as soon as a room was available.
I was travelling with a companion that did NOT request an early check-in and her room was available 2 hours before mine!! And she was staying in the exact same type of room as I was. I fail to understand why the first available King room was not given to me, and instead was given to another guest that did not request early check-in.
They never called or texted me when my room was finally ready. Instead we had to keep checking back every hour to check on availability. This seemed to be handled very poorly from start to finish.

Dear upnorthjodie,

We apologize for the way your request for an early check-in was handled. You have every right to be upset. Thank you for taking time to give us honest feedback. It is much appreciated. We value our service above all here at the Radisson and we hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can make up for the issues you encountered during your most recent stay.

Allen park, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Beautiful hotel. Outstanding room. Very helpful front desk. I loved the parking situation which involved using my room key for in and out. The elevators are slow and crowded; I would have loved to take the steps but they do not allow you in the stairwells. Burdicks Bar and Grille was a lot of fun.

Dear Margaret P,

Thank you so much for your review of our property! It is a pleasure to hear our front desk staff was very helpful during your stay with us. We will also pass along your compliments to the Old Burdick's staff. We hope to see you again soon!