Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Clarion Inn(Kalamazoo)
Comfort Inn(Kalamazoo)
2,017 results
All reviewsconcierge floorself parkinghealth clubparking structuregreat hotelheart of downtownwithin walking distanceroom keybar and grillrestaurants and barsfitness centercomfortable roomsvaletconferenceweddingbreweriesbrewery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2010

We were in Kalamzoo for a sporting event, and were very happy with the Radisson. Rooms, although somewhat small, were very clean and comfortable. I personally liked the Sleep Dial mattresses. They were very comfortable. Rooms were quiet, and we didn't hear neighbors walking above our heads or slamming doors.

The kids and I really enjoyed the pool area, with a great hot tub, and pool with waterfall. The very cool tropical fish tank in the pool area was a hit with my 3 year old. We ate several times in Old Burdick's within the hotel. Dinner service was a little slow, but food was decent. And breakfast, with new omelette station, was great and quick.

And there is free parking across the street in a multi level garage which you can access via an indoor walkway from the hotel's 2nd floor. Very easy to get to.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2010

I stayed at this hotel dueing a bussiness trip in early feb 2010, we were collected from the airport by the hotel van which was far easier than a taxi, and taken to the hotel. The check in was easy and the staff on the desk were excellent and very friendly. After the first night we were told we had to move due to a water leak in one of the wings of the hotel, this was a pain but couldnt be helped, I didnt mind too much as i was upgraded from a double room to a double room with jacuzi bath! a very nice supprise!
We only used the main restaurant and bar and found it to be pretty good, the service was again excellent and the food was good if a little limited in choice. There are however several restaurants within 2-3 minutes walk.
Overall, a very clean, very friendly hotel and a very satisfied customer,
Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2010

I have stayed here once before and was VERY impressed and I was on this visit! The staff was outstanding from the valet, front desk and room service. I am a Gold Elite member with Carlson Hotels and was treated as one before I even got to the front desk. This Hotel has 3 restaurants, shopping, spa (Which I use every trip), and a pool like not other hotel in its class. I cannot say enough about this hotel and am looking forward to my next visit. Let me end saying you cannot go wrong staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
LBader, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2010

We are so thankful you had such a great experience with us!

It was nice to hear your comments about our staff and services.

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 December 2009

I stayed at the Radisson (which my company paid for) for a conference last Nov. and was not impressed with the level of service you get from what they call on their website "the best hotel in Kalamazoo". It wasn't bad or dirty, but it was not first-class & it was definately not worth the price charged, in my opinion. I'm glad I didn't pay for it or I would've felt cheated.
The rooms are average--Comfort/Days Inn quality or less and the "Sleep Number" bed they advertise is TERRIBLE. Mine was lumpy like a half-filled air mattress (which is basically what they are) and my colleague's was broken, so she tried to make the best of a deflated sheet of plastic with a remote strapped to it. Also, I know the hotel was busy due to the conference, but the staff didn't seem to be particularly helpful. I called the front desk to ask if I could somehow get a corkscrew and they told me flat-out, "no". I then asked if they knew where I might be able to get one & they told me to look in the phone book left in the room. When we checked in, my colleague was carrying a large box and passed a hotel employee. She asked the employee if he could help her get the box to the room and the man told her that she would have to walk down the stairs to ask the desk clerk if she could get a cart. He did not offer to either call a clerk or help her carry the box, which was very dissapointing.
This is supposedly an "upscale" hotel, but you have to pay for everything. There are no amenities included--you have to pay $5/day per room to use the pool, hot tub, or exercise area (price not mentioned in their ads) and the only food on-site are a few overpriced, noisy restaurants downstairs. The parking area is across the street and you have to walk across a skywalk to even get to the place.
Overall, I'm not sure why you would choose this place. It is overpriced for what you get and there is no advantage over a lower-priced hotel in the area. Unless you have an appointment directly in the hotel and need the convenience, I would not recommend this to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank dubliner83

On behalf of the Radisson I would like to apologize that we did not meet your level of expectations.

Our goal is to provide “World Class Hospitality” and to gain fans of our property.

Reviewed 3 December 2009

Once again it was my pleasure to bring my Senior Citizens Motorcoach Tour to the Radisson Hotel in Kalamazoo. This is our hotel of choice whenever I do a tour to the Kalamazoo area. Derrick Ricca, the Sales Manager, and the entire staff at this property came through for us once again with impeccable service in every area. The hotel is beautiful - great downtown location, and our rooms were spotless and very comfortable. We enjoyed a fabulous dinner in the hotel's dining room, Zazio's, before leaving for the concert at the Miller Auditorium. They knew our schedule was tight from arrival that afternoon to departure for the theatre, and the dining room was ready for us, our dinner was served on time, and the food was wonderful. I can't say enough good things about this hotel . . . they consistently meet and exceed the high standards that I set for my King of the Road tours. Thank you, Derrick, and everyone at the Radisson Hotel in Kalamazoo . . . we'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2009
LBader, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2009

I just wanted you to know that we truly enjoyed you being our guest and feel honored that you have chosen the Radisson Plaza Hotel & Suites. We look forward to serving you for many years to come!