“Clean and close to destinations”

Knights Inn Kalamazoo
Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Buchanan, MI
“Clean and close to destinations”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I found our room at Nights Inn to be clean and comfortable. The walls were a cheery shade of yellow and the bathroom was clean and bright. The curtains and bedspread prints were horribly outdated but I'm just a snob about a room looking pretty. If those two things were updated, I would have no complaints. We had no trouble with the wi-fi and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The best thing about the Inn was it was close to everything we wanted to do. The restaurants, attractions, convenience store, and historic district were all within 5 min. of driving. Would recommend to anyone wanting a cheaper hotel that is still clean and welcoming.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ssarah C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2012

Friendly staff.That are very helpful with local suggestions for food and drink
Clean rooms
new beds just remodeled
Near downtown and university
Historic area
Very quiet neighborhood
Interior rooms super quiet

Perfect if all you want is a good room

Room Tip: They have rooms in interior that are super quiet
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Carl N
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2012

I worked in Kalamazoo during the Fall of 2011. The Kalamazoo Inn was a decent place to stay in a clean room. Most importantly the staff was very helpfull in all my requests, and I was able to keep the same room every week. I strongly recommend this motel, for someone looking for an inexpensive stay

Room Tip: the Kalamazoo Knights Inn is very close to shopping centers and the local YMCA
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TITO C
Illinois
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I had a Doctors appointment close by at KCMU so it was very convenient to that. The neighborhood was scary and as a budget traveler I've been in a few of them before but this was really by far one of the worst. The staff people were pleasant but other than the ability to get a shower and a bed to sleep in I would have been better off sleeping in my car. Moldy shower curtain and overall dirty amd poorly maintained. I won't be returning.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank robin_culver
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Very close to Western Michigan University.
Great room, large, bathroom, everything you'll need.ting.
Very good wireless signal in my room.
No waiting, It took me less than a minute to check in

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank engines12
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Worst motel experience that I ever had. The room next to mine had a party going on and our rooms were adjoined with a locked door between. The party lasted until 5am! I called the front desk at 3am and they said that they'd contact the room to be quiet. That never happened, so I called the desk again 30 minutes later and the front desk picked up the phone and hung up on me! To make matters worse, there was heave smoking in the party room that seeped into my room. The a/c didn't work well, either - and it was 95 degrees that day. Don't stay here if you want to actually sleep.

Room Tip: Sleep in your car if you want better rest.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank reynard2ki
Iowa
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We were attending a wedding in Kalamazoo, and the photos on this one didn't look bad. I'll be honest--I didn't see a lot of negative reviews for this hotel until AFTER I had booked! The hotel is in a bad area of town. A lot of the people there live there permanently. Since we had already paid and weren't going to get our money back, we stripped the bedding looking for bedbugs (didn't see anything) and peeled off the comforters. We had reserved three rooms, and one of the rooms in our party left and went to a different hotel. They had spiders in their shower and the air didn't work. Honestly, I was glad they took our vehicle with them, because I would have been scared leaving it in the parking lot overnight. Anything coming from the ice machine would have given you a disease, I'm sure. I warned my family not to touch it.
Just not worth the cheap price. Pay an extra $20-$30 a night and get something decent.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family