“not bad”

Ranked #28 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Crown Point
“not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

It's average but clean. rates are a bit high for a sunday when it was almost completely empty. Oh and don't expect anything for breakfast. vending is limited, decor is about what is expected for the price. Ok, I mean it was fine just not enough to write home about.

Room Tip: I would figure you get what you pay for. If your looking for something nice, this isn't it. if y...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Lansing, Michigan, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I am a regular visitor to the Knights Inn and Kalamazoo Michigan. I stay here for one, because my fiancé needs to catch a bus to work and its right on the busline he needs to take to work in the morning, two because the rooming house he stays in is men only. I make my reservations online and hold it with a debit card and rarely pay with cash. I have been repeatedly put into a room with no cable, and their WiFi signal is weak. On a couple of visits, I was put into room 109 and of course no cable. I then request not to be put in that room in my requests and on my visit on 04-02, was put in there. I requested a room change because the toilet was leaking and no cable on that date and was told they had no other rooms and to check in the morning. I was told by the friendly housekeeper she had a room for me to move to. The front desk agent
fussed at her and told her no because we were locals. First, I work in a hotel and know what they mean by "local" I am far from a local. I work for a hotel franchise, and could most certainly get a cheaper employee rate at my sister hotel there, but the transportation is not convenient.
To call me a local was an insult. In addition, on the website, they indicate there is free continental breakfast which there is none. If they are not going to offer it, TAKE IT OFF YOUR WEBSITE.

The rooms are way outdated, but clean, housekeeping staff very attentive, but Front desk which are probably the owners are rude, money hungry and don't care.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa M
eaton rapids, mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The price was right, everything was clean and in working order. I have no complaints at all. I paid less for two nights than I would have paid for one at the Radisson where the barbershop convention was being held.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Burton, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here and when I reserved a room, I said I needed to be on the ground level due to shattering my hip in a vehicle accident. When I checked in, they put me on the 2nd floor and per doctors orders of no climbing stairs, I had to go back in and ask for a bottom floor. They had to switch someone who hadn't yet checked in even though it said on my reservations comment box, ground floor. Went to the room and it was nice but very outdated. Since we were in the hallway section, didn't hear a lot of parking lot noise. Husband was outside in the morning and a cop asked what he was doing and he had to explain what he was doing and provide our room number. Husband asked if this was a bad area and the officer said it was full of drug dealers etc. Not a good thing to hear on our 1st morning there. On a good note, we were close to downtown and close to our event we were attending that weekend.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Harrison Township, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

I saw that the reviews were mixed so I figured I would give it a try since the price was right. Never again! The sheets were dirty on the one bed but the other one was clean so we slept on that one. The bathroom had mold in the shower. It is an older motel which would have been fine if it was clean but it was not. The neighborhood was interesting too.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

This is a quiet, old, but updated motel in what is now an unusual location, a residential neighborhood, rather than the edge of a freeway in the suburbs.The changing neighborhood is multiethnic, multiracial, and multi class. There are many old, but well maintained homes, some boarded up ones, and a lot of working class homes. Many seemingly prosperous small businesses dot the area. We felt we needed to take no more precautions than anyone in any urban setting would routinely take.The staff were accomodating and friendly. They appeared to be an extended family who lived on the premises. The rooms were basic, clean, and supplied with the usual furniture, updated plumbing and TV. The grounds were well lighted at night. A good place to stay for the money, good value. Jim Hawkins

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Saint Helen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Basically run down overall. But the bathroom... it looked like a science project. Mold and lots of it. The health department should close this place down. They must have full time tenants as the loud talking a people runn up and down stairs lasted all night. How Knights Inn puts their name on this place is beyond me

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple