“Keeps on being fantastic”
Review of Sushi Ya - CLOSED

Sushi Ya
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place is never packed at lunch and it should be. It is so fresh and delicious. A huge menu. Great drinks, tons of fancy cooked and raw rolls. I love everything I have ever had in there.
Lunch is easy and fast service and I love the interior and staff. Great place to go.

There are newer reviews for Sushi Ya

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stop here whenever we get a chance. The food is always good, service is good, and the prices are very reasonable. We have had sushi in many different places and Sushi Ya ranks right up there with the best.

Reviewed 1 February 2013

There was a large group of us and my friend Amy had reserved the large room in back for us. We were a bit rowdy and having fun. I had some edamame and a vodka martini to start. Both were so-so. Had me a little worried, as it was my first time at Sushi ya. We all ordered different things from the menu and I think we must have ordered one of everything. It was particularly fun to have all our orders brought out on these big boats so we could share and try a bit of everything. Everything I tried was great! I particularly enjoyed the dragon roll, sushi ya roll, Herry Potter roll, mango roll, shrimp, scallops, salmon and yellow tail. . We also ordered saki and it was very good.
Service was a bit slow. Especially when we sent in a second order for more of what we really enjoyed. Amy ordered a martini at this time and it didn't show up until we were almost done eatting.
Still overall I would say it was a good experience and I look forward to returning. Though I won't make the mistake of mixing martini and saki. lol That's a recipe for a thumping headache. But then you knew that already and so should have I.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Sushi Ya has great sushi. They make their own soy sauce. Service is always good. The edamame is great. Try the Harry Potter Roll, the mango tango, or the Kalamazoo. All Fantastic.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We have a tradition in our family...for your birthday dinner you get to pick where you want to eat. Four of our five kids pick Sushi Ya. They have some of the best sushi in Kalamazoo. It is a great place for a lagre group. Most of the time we are able to get the large room in the back (but you have to remove your shoes)because our group is so large. It is just a great time of food and fun. The staff is very helpful and very friendly.