“Very tasty food, decent menu, nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sushi Ya - CLOSED

Sushi Ya
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Liverpool
“Very tasty food, decent menu, nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've eaten there four times in the last couple of months and each time the welcome has been warm, the service has been great and the food is really good. The Kobe beef was disappointing for the price, but everything else is really good. I'll be back!

• Visited May 2014

Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Keeps on being fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place is never packed at lunch and it should be. It is so fresh and delicious. A huge menu. Great drinks, tons of fancy cooked and raw rolls. I love everything I have ever had in there.
Lunch is easy and fast service and I love the interior and staff. Great place to go.

Visited February 2014
Allegan, Michigan, United States
“A favorite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We stop here whenever we get a chance. The food is always good, service is good, and the prices are very reasonable. We have had sushi in many different places and Sushi Ya ranks right up there with the best.

Visited October 2013
Bronson, Michigan
“Sushi ya sushi yeah!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2013

There was a large group of us and my friend Amy had reserved the large room in back for us. We were a bit rowdy and having fun. I had some edamame and a vodka martini to start. Both were so-so. Had me a little worried, as it was my first time at Sushi ya. We all ordered different things from the menu and I think we must have ordered one of everything. It was particularly fun to have all our orders brought out on these big boats so we could share and try a bit of everything. Everything I tried was great! I particularly enjoyed the dragon roll, sushi ya roll, Herry Potter roll, mango roll, shrimp, scallops, salmon and yellow tail. . We also ordered saki and it was very good.
Service was a bit slow. Especially when we sent in a second order for more of what we really enjoyed. Amy ordered a martini at this time and it didn't show up until we were almost done eatting.
Still overall I would say it was a good experience and I look forward to returning. Though I won't make the mistake of mixing martini and saki. lol That's a recipe for a thumping headache. But then you knew that already and so should have I.

• Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Best Sushi in Kalamazoo (better than most in the country)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Sushi Ya has great sushi. They make their own soy sauce. Service is always good. The edamame is great. Try the Harry Potter Roll, the mango tango, or the Kalamazoo. All Fantastic.

• Visited September 2011