All reviewsfull kitchenoutdoor poolbasketball courtmain buildingfire pitking bedroom was cleanclose to the airportbreakfast staffseparate bedroomfree internetnice breakfastan extended staywafflesfresh fruitshort staya great stay
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Residence Inn in Kalamazoo. The hotel is very close to the airport which makes it very convenient when arriving on a late flight. The hotel appears to have been recently renovated with a flat screen television and a modern kitchenette.

There is nice breakfast buffett in the morning (included in the price of the room) which includes eggs, sausage, breads, pastries, juices and coffee. When they ran out of the sausage, I told a hotel staff member who immediately made sure that I had sausage with my breakfast.

The hotel actually has multiple two story complexes. The only complaint one could make about this hotel is that there are no elevators going to the second floor, so you would need to walk up the stairs with your luggage (My room was on the bottom floor so I can't complain).

Overall, it was a short but pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2011

got a room here on priceline for 74 $ total. clean and comfortable room that has a small kitchen and eating counter. kinda weird to be in a hotel room with a stove and dishwasher, but if you need 'em they got 'em. Nate at the front desk is really friendly and does a great job. There was a fireplace in our room too. Can't walk to the downtown area from here, but it's just a short drive away. I'd stay here again if the price(line) was right.

Room Tip: if you stay on the second floor you don't have to here people walking around
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pozdowny
Reviewed 14 September 2011

An older hotel it seemed but very well kept. The hotel staff including the housekeeping and maintenance were all very friendly and helpful. We stayed here June 28- July 5th 2011 and enjoyed the entire week. I think we BBQ'd on the patio 4 or 5 times. We enjoyed the hot tub and pool area as well, The fitness center was very nice and the guest laundry was affordable, convenient and worked very well.
The parking was well laid out and although it was a bit hidden from the roadway, it wasn't too far of a drive to the closest stores. In spite of that, the hotel was so comfortable all around that i wouldn't hesitate to stay with them again!
I would definitely do it again at the Kalamazoo Residence Inn!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank cliffsiler
Reviewed 25 August 2011

My first time in Kalamazoo, Michigan and I stayed at the Residence Inn right next to the airport. You literally are about 4 minutes away from the place and it was great. As one might know, a Residence Inn is like being at home with its kitchen and appliances. This one is no different. The nice thing for a business person is that the place is so close to the airport, the staff is extremely friendly and, as stated above, it has a home type feel. I strongly recommend staying there for the cheap price. Maybe go on Expedia to do your booking as I got a great rate close to $100 a night when I stayed there...

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask for a room close to the lobby
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank limby12345
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here as it is a Marriott property. We had tried one of the Fairfield Inns previously and will never go back there. This was great. Clean, comfortable. Only down side was they didn't have any rooms available on the first floor and we had to carry luggage up the stairs to our room.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family