All reviewsfull kitchenoutdoor poolbasketball courtmain buildingfire pitking bedroom was cleanclose to the airportbreakfast staffseparate bedroomfree internetnice breakfastan extended staywafflesfresh fruitshort staya great stay
Reviewed 13 January 2012

Service from the check-in staff was extremely friendly.

Breakfast buffet included Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, meats, yogurt, oatmeal, etc. Plenty the first day (left 8am), started running low on some things 2nd day (left 8:30am).

No restaurant but served buffet dinner Tues-Thurs. Helped us order from local restaurant too. We sat in the lobby doing business all night and were served drinks complimentary - it was really over and above. The lobby had WI-fi, rooms were only wired. Comfy couch area by fireplace made a great place to work & catch the game. (BYOB)

Rooms are typical Res Inn style with full kitchen, full fridge, would be perfect for longer stay. Swiveling flat-screen HDTV. Incredibly comfortable bed (Marriott-style). Couch area (see pictures).

Only complaint was that the shower head was short - at about 5'8"... But with great pressure.

Very pleased. Rooms are all external access on 1st or 2nd floor with stairs only. There are a few in the same building as the main lobby, but I hear they are in high demand.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 10 January 2012

Great staff and very clean accommodations. We were only here for a night, but it would be an easy place to work out of for longer periods. Loved the fireplace.

Breakfast is included and is pretty good, though the morning we ate there the Canadian bacon was overcooked and chewy; that's really the only negative thing I can think to write.
The desk clerk asked my opinion on the hotel while checking out and I passed this comment along; His concern seemed very sincere, and I got the idea that he would look into this very minor complaint.

I would not hesitate to give this hotel a great recommendation.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank bluewater1357
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This hotel was easy to get to, the suite of rooms was very clean and the desk staff (we had no contact with anyone else) were friendly and helpful. I can recommend this hotel without reservation - a very pleasant experience! The evening snack and breakfast were included in the price. With a discounted price (we "named our own price", on priceline), this was a great deal.

Loved the small city of Kalamazoo with its parks, lovely neighborhoods and relative proximity to Lake Michigan. As far as food and drink, we went to Bell's Brewery, Water Street Coffee Joint and Martini's restaurant, all of which were very good. There was a lot of shopping nearby ranging from boutiques and independent shops downtown to more mainstream malls. I could live here.

Room Tip: Our first floor room had a fireplace -- don't know if all rooms do, but I'd ask for this if I went back. Lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen055
Reviewed 14 December 2011

The Residence Inn is conveniently located just a couple of miles from Kalamazoo airport. I called the hotel directly rather than the central reservation number looking for a "stay and fly" rate so we could leave the car while we spent 10 days in Florida. The person on the desk advised that they did not have such a rate but, after ascertaining our travel dates, she generously offered their holiday rate of $99 and included free parking for the length of our trip plus shuttle service "on demand" to and from the airport. The room was spacious, clean and with very comfortable beds. The in-room kitchen amenities available were well maintained and also clean. The free breakfast buffet served just off the main lobby was more extensive than I had expected and the small dining area offered a pleasant view of the grounds and outdoor pool. Adjacent to the dining room was a quiet reading area with comfortable leather sofa and chairs in front of a fireplace, also with a view of the grounds. A small fitness room nearby offered a treadmill and a couple of other machines. A great value, all things considered.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from I-94 are quieter. We chose building 4 for that reason. No elevator to second floor but that was explained by the front desk before we selected our room location.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Staff was very pleasant and hospitable. It was like home away from home; very nice amenities in the suites. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Large refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher in the room! The breakfasts are better than any other free hot breakfast at other comparable hotels. We will be staying here again next time we come to Kalamazoo!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family