All reviews full kitchen outdoor pool basketball court fire pit king bed room was clean close to the airport separate bedroom breakfast staff free internet an extended stay nice breakfast waffles fresh fruit front desk staff short stay coffee maker
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Clean rooms. Easy access to I-94 and Kalamazoo attractions, but nothing interesting in walking distance.

Our smoke alarm battery decided to die at 11 PM, and we got reasonably prompt attention to our service request; however, it seems like routine replacement of batteries would avoid this problem and do more to ensure safety of guests. At first we thought the thermostat in our room was only settable by staff, but when the guy came to change out our fire alarm battery, he showed us that you just had to mash them really really hard.

I didn't notice myself (didn't watch anything but 5 minutes of weather in the breakfast room), but my husband and kids said the TVs (in room and in the public areas) were low-quality. Pool seemed small but kids enjoyed it. Basketball court - front desk had a basketball the kids could use.

Since they knew a bunch of people were there for a sporting event and had to leave early, they opened up their breakfast bar early on Saturday. They implied it would just be a few cold items, but they in fact had the whole spread. I especially appreciated the presence of fresh blueberries and chopped pecans near the oatmeal and waffle makers (I added them to yogurt). Oddly, they also had strawberry 'topping', chocolate chips, caramel syrup, and whipped cream, which made me wonder if they have a sundae bar on some week nights! I've seen strawberries and whipped cream on waffles, but caramel syrup for breakfast? Odd. However, as I said - we really appreciated them setting up breakfast early to meet the needs of their guests!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank common-family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The check service was excellent and friendly . We booked a tstudio king on line . The room was excatly as shown on the hotel website - clean ,new and nicely decorated . The mattress was so comfortable. Flat screen TV and great kitchen as home away from home . The hotel was clean and so was the pool . The complimentry breakfast was good . The location is close to many stores and resteraunts . This hotel is a 9 out of a ten .

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank surfforever
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Excellent hotel to choose if you are flying in or out of Kalamazoo airport. Onsite parking is free and the hotel shuttle will get you to and from the terminal at any time on request. Staff is top notch. The property is nicely landscaped as is typical for suburban Residence Inns, and the rooms are clean and comfortable, with kitchenettes including full size refrigerators. Hotel is perfect for families and business travelers alike, and both were in evidence. Unless you are departing very early, there is also a complimentary breakfast each morning. Great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 May 2012

First of all, I want to say the staff here is the excellent. The manager Carrie, and all of the front desk clerks were wonderful. Greeting me by my name, answering any questions, and helping me with everything I wanted with a genuine smile. My stay was only a few nights, for a visit with my daughter in Kalamazoo. This would be a good choice for a short stay, or long term arrangements. Easy access to the expressway, and several restaurants and bars with a few minutes drive (none in walking distance).

We stayed in a penthouse suite, which had one large room with a king bed, desk, sofa bed in small living area, and full kitchen (with dishes, utensils, pots and pans, toaster, coffee maker, micro, full size fridge, stove, and dishwasher) with a snack bar. This room also had a full bathroom, good HVAC. There was also a seperate bedroom with one queen bed and a private full bath. Both rooms had a nice flatscreen TV. There was a good amount of storage, and the room was very clean. The interior of the hotel has just been renovated with a modern decor and warm colors, very tastefully done. The exterior of the hotel is an older style, which is set up more like apartments, where each room has a seperate exterior entrance that is well lit. The regular rooms, which do not have the seperate bedroom and extra bath, were also very spacious and offered the same features. Some even had cozy fireplaces. The linens were very clean and fresh, the furnishings are newer, the pillows and bedding were very comfortable.

They offer an outdoor pool (which was not open yet), a outdoor gas fireplace, picnic tables, and a gas grill. You can use the indoor pool and hot tub at the AmericInn that is right in the same parking lot, they leave it open until midnight for adults. The laundry facilities and workout room were typical. They have free wifi in the lobby, and free internet with an ethernet cord in the rooms. Lobby and dining area were very nice with ample seating, tv's, small convience store, and computers available.

They have a very nice complimentary breakfast everyday. It was one of the nicest free breakfasts I have had at a hotel, with many hot and cold options. On Tuesday - Thursday, they also offer a complimentary small dinner buffet with non alcoholic drinks. We really appreciated that nice touch. They also have a shuttle, and offer grocery shopping service.

Although the buildings are older, the rooms, service, and extras are wonderful. I booked with Priceline, and got a nice rate. This will surely be my first choice when going to the Kalamazoo area! A special thank you to Carrie and Jackie for making our stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank happyinthewater
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We found it quite over-priced. The room was ok but nothing special - I guess what we expected. The pool and hot tub were decent for the kids. The breakfast is OK. The service was very average.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family