“Great for a family”

Residence Inn Kalamazoo East
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Recently spent a night at this residence inn and had a great stay. It is an older hotel but you can notice the upgrades in renovations. All rooms that I could see exit to the exterior. The amount of space in this room was impressive. The staff was very friendly from the time we checked in to breakfast the next morning. Everyone greeted us at every passing. Highly recommended to those with small children.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Thank you for the Kind words. I appreciate the time that you took from your day to let others know about your experience at the Residence Inn.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We stayed at Residence Inn, Kalamazoo, MI while attending funeral services for my brother-in-law. Robert, Vica, Carrie-GM, Amanda, Doninique, Katie, Rodney and Ashley were all over the top great to me and my entire family! Want to say thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your caring, loving and wonderfun hospitality during this time of sorrow! Much appreciation and gratitude for all of you!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for the time that you took to put this review on line. I truly appreciate the great comments about your experience at the Residence Inn.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

We needed either adjoining rooms or a suite as we were traveling with my 90 plus mother-in-law and we always like for her to have a space to call her own. We were able to find a suite at the Residence Inn that was not only big enough for us, but also had a full kitchen complete with a full size frig. It was ground level and handicap equipped which was a nice plus. The rooms were great and the beds were comfortable. The help from the receptionist that I made the reservations with to the grounds keeper were without a doubt some of MI finest people. The Inn was within a five minute drive of our sons place and was located where we could navigate the city well. The calendar on the frig was great as it listed sites to see and things to do. The Kellogg House Christmas Walk and Holiday Market was listed. We decided to go and see what it
entailed. A wonderful old home decorated for Christmas with shopping from locals thrown in.
Wonderful time. All in all our trip was a hit and it was due to be able to find a great place to stay and the people who went above and beyond to help make it a great time for all. By the way the
work out room was great also. I walked the treadmill everyday. It was clean and calming, not bright and noisy like gyms. Loved going each day and doing that two mile walk that I hate doing.

Room Tip: I called the Inn and talked to the desk clerk. The suites were great and the price was great. Ro...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing Residence Inn for your travel needs over the Holiday’s. I appreciate that you took the time when you returned home to put your experience here on Trip Advisor. Thank you for the Kind words and I hope we will see you when you are in Kalamazoo again in the future

Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed with friends in the King Studio Suite for a dog show. This hotel is very pet-friendly. I didn't book the room, but the rate my friend received was EXCELLENT considering it was during a peak event. The hotel was less than 10-12 minutes to the Kalmazoo showgrounds and near many restaurants and shopping.

The overall property had a "forest" feel, almost like you weren't staying in a hotel. Everything was impeccably maintained and welcoming. There's a beautiful large park just a mile down the road. The property was very quiet even though the hotel was full.

The room was more than spacious for 3 people with large dogs. There was more than enough drawer, dresser and closet space. It was very clean and had all the usual amenities of an extended stay including plates, glasses, cloth napkins, cookware, etc. The full kitchen shown on the website really looks just like that. The bathroom was spacious and had the typical amenities. I slept on the pullout sofa bed and it was shockingly comfortable! There were enough blankets, pillows and towels to go around.

The staff was exceptionally friendly. The housekeepers, breakfast staff, dinner staff and front desk clerk ALWAYS greeted us with a smile. Wow! They were the talk of our stay.

The breakfast was quite filling and contained little perks not seen at other places. They had the usual waffle maker, breads, cereals, but they also had oatmeals, sausage, eggs and potatoes. They even had multiple toppings for the waffles like whipped cream, fruit, chocolate chips, etc. They also had yogurts, fresh fruit, juices and multiple toppings for oatmeal.

Our Thurs. night included a free dinner with lasagna, pasta salad, garlic bread, salad and multiple refreshments. Nice!

We had a ground floor room with what we considered our own yard to walk the dogs. There was a nice long area of grass for the dogs right outside our door. This is VERY convenient in cold weather!

Our stay was as close to perfect as you can get. The only thing we couldn't figure out was the WiFi as we weren't sure they offered it. Of course, we didn't ask. Also, the parking spots are VERY small and made it difficult for those with vans or SUVs. If the hotel is full, you may have trouble finding parking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback on the Residence Inn. I appreciate the awesome review. I hope you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

When traveling with dogs it's sad to say, almost expected to be treated second class. I don't expect a whole lot when traveling with dogs (for dog shows mostly). I was not only surprised but delighted to find the opposite to be true here. Every member of the staff, from front desk, to management to housekeeping was absolutely the consummate hosts. Friendly, willing to help, even go above and beyond. One of the staff gave us great options for parks to take the dogs to (which was a beautiful park) Add to that the 'light social dinner' on Thursday (Lasagna, garlic bread, salad -yum!) and the hot breakfast in the mornings... I won't be looking for another hotel in Kalamazoo - it will be the Residence Inn for me and my dogs!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for your feedback on the Residence Inn. The staff here prides themselves on providing the best service possible. I appreciate the wonderful review. I hope you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We recently stayed at the Residence Inn while visiting family in Kalamazoo. From the moment we arrived, (after a 10 our trip), to the moment we departed, we were treated like royalty!. We were greeted warmly, our accomadations were reviewed with us, and we were given a map of the surrounding area. The desk staff was more than happy to suggest a nearby restaurant for dinner.
Our suite was lovely. It had a fully stocked kitchen, a large living room and bathroom and very comfortable beds.
We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very well appointed. We stayed on the first floor and it was convenient and very q...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret g

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Residence Inn. I truly appreciate the wonderful review. I hope you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Love the staff here. Our room is always impeccable. Breakfast is yummy. Thanks!!!!!!!! My only complaint is the high non-refundable for a dog in the room. I could understand a refundable after the room is checked.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so very much for your kind words about our hotel. We truly appreciate your review and the time you took to put it on line. I hope you enjoy the holidays and we see you again soon.