“Very Clean”

Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Very Clean”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here for a weekend while covering call at Bronson hospital. I found the staff to be very pleasant, if informal (kept calling me Sabina, but that may have been because they couldn't pronounce my last name!)!
The Facility was very nice... i was very impressed at how clean the rooms were on the inside (the exterior leaves something to be desired, but then its michigan in the winter... everything is rusty and worn!)

Unfortunately, right next to 94... if you can't sleep through traffic noise... this is not a good place for you to rest.

Room Tip: sits along the highway... traffic noise is inevitable in everyroom...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Thank you for the nice review. Michigan winters are tough and we appreciate that you recognize that. We are in the process of a sprig grounds clean up this week. I hope you will stay with us again when you are in Kalamazoo so you can see the progress. Have a great day!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Romulus, Michigan
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was amazed at how spotless this place was!! Awesome housekeeping for sure, even leaving a personal note for the guests in each room!! Nice touch!! The Front Desk clerk was friendly and receptive, providing great service, bringing extra pillows and towels to our room, which was in a detached building, while it was raining!! Breakfast area was spotless, provided HOT and FRESH food, with a vast selection. Kitchen staff was the friendliest I've ever experienced. She deserves to be recognized, as she promtly catered to every guest on a busy Saturday morning, clearing dishes, offering to re-fill juices and provided extra napkins. Kudos to this Management Team for an amazing selection of staff, who easily provided such kind and professional service!! Great TEAMWORK!!!!

Room Tip: The suites are spacious and perfect for short or long stays. Great option for families too!!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Thank you so much for your kind words about our hotel. I appreciate the time you took from your day to let others know about your experience at the Residence Inn Kalamazoo. I will share your feedback with Amanda our Breakfast clerk. Thank you!
Waterford, Michigan
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed here over the weekend for business. My coworker and I had a 2 bedroom suite, we each had our own room and our own bathroom. The room was spotless! Our housekeeper even wrote us a note to enjoy our weekend and stay. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was delicious. Would stay here again if I had to come back to Kalamazoo!

• Stayed March 2014
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey. We are delighted that your stay with the Residence Inn Kalamazoo East was enjoyable.

Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Just got home from a fun weekend and this hotel was just perfect! We had a large group (15-20 or so people ) and our rooms were great! Large enough to hang out in with everyone or there was the lobby with the fireplace and couches-we just sat there one day laying on couches by the fire looking out at snow.. it was so relaxing! The appliances in the kitchen were new in everyone's rooms and no one had any problems with ice makers or shower heads. All of our rooms were updated and we had 4 people stay comfortably in the 2 bedroom 2 bath suite! The separated room layout is wonderful because no other guests want to listen to our echoes from the lobby so it felt very private and we could Play music, etc. All the staff were exceptionally nice!!! Very impressed!! The bathroom in the lobby was also very nice ! And we had no problems with their ice machine either. The hot breakfast was delicious! It even snowed and a staff member cleaned off every guests car!!! And the parking lot was plowed perfectly by morning. The stairs were not hard to climb to my parents second floor room, even with a case of wine in my arms and 6 hours of brewery/winery touring under my belt... This hotel truly made our weekend that much more enjoyable!!! Thank you Residence Inn staff here!

Stayed March 2014
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you so much for the kind words about the Residence Inn. I am glad that you, your friends, and family had such a great time in Kalamazoo. I truly hope you guys will come back again soon there is so much more to explore!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 4 February 2014

When in Kalamazoo I often stay here. Price is very competitive, just off the highway, and close to downtown and WMU. Check in went very smooth. Rooms are large, clean and quite comfortable. Service of staff is solid. Highly recommend

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Good afternoon. I would like to take a moment to thank you for the kind review. I truly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Kalamazoo on Trip Advisor. I hope we will see you again soon.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Our family of seven adults stayed one night comfortably at ~$154.... this was a GREAT deal, and even included a DELICIOUS breakfast for all of us! We were so pleased with the hospitality shown us by the staff at this fine Marriott property just off I-94. From the minute we arrived until we left, everyone was helpful & friendly. After a full day of snow skiing at the Bittersweet Ski Resort, the suite was amazing!

My husband & I had a private ensuite with a King bed, flat screen TV, desk, big mirrored closet, nice separate tub & toilet, next to the huge counter & sink with large mirror separated by curtained french doors, from the main living room area.

The living room had a couch (double pull out bed) next to the separate desk & chair near the ensuite's french doors. In between the couch & a Queen (with two end tables near a second full bathroom with closet space), was a lovely wood fire place. Wish we had known & we could've brought fire-wood & had a roaring fire going. All near another full screen TV. We brought a Queen air mattress & our kids were all set. The Residence Inn staff was fine with this as they don't have stow away single beds for rent. Everything was spotless with lots of towels & bedding!

The kitchen with counter bar & several tall backed chairs was perfect for a nice home-cooked meal. Full refrigerator/freezer, oven with stove top, microwave, & dishwasher plus pots, pans, glassware & silverware. We had a great set up. The suite was nicely decorated with lots of windows & good light, plus Free WiFi was available too~

The breakfast was served near the registration desk & was very tasty. Off the large dining area was a beautiful living room section to relax in afterwards, with lots of windows, and a gas log fireplace. No indoor pool, but for summer-time it looks like a big pool (no Jacuzzi). If you're looking for a nice place to stay, I would highly recommend The Residence Inn on the outskirts of Kalamazoo, Michigan for your family.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
WOW Thank you so much for the great review. I am glad that you and your family were able to enjoy your stay here at Residence Inn. I hope that you will be back again soon. There are so many great things to do in Kalamazoo. Maybe a summer trip so you can enjoy the pool!
Indianapolis
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My experience at the hotel was incredible. The staff are incredibly warm and friendly, always looking to find ways to make your stay more enjoyable. I stayed during the gloomy, snowy, slushy January weather. When asked how it was after the first night, I said "great, just send us some sunshine." When i returned to the room that night, the staff had hung a colorful yellow and orange paper sun from the ceiling fan. It put a smile on my face that evening and for the remainder of the stay. Thanks to the hotel staff for a great room in the gatehouse, friendly conversation and help to the room with my luggage!

Room Tip: There are four rooms in the gatehouse. All others are separate buildings. The laundry is in a detach...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Thank you so much for the awesome comments. Residence Inn makes it a point to provide the best possible customer service to all of our guest. I am glad we made your stay perfect. Have a great week!