“Great stay”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Los Angeles
“Great stay”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed here in July for one night. The staff was great. The unit was large and had a full kitchen. I loved the full size fridge, I didn't use it but it would be great if I was here with my family. The hotel had dinner provided in the lounge which was nice. We didn't eat there but it they offer different kind of food daily.

I had a little funny incident happen. It was July but I wanted to keep the room at a comfortable temprature at night but couldn't turn the heater on. They send a maintenance person but he couldn't turn it on because the water broiler had to be turned on etc.. So, they found me a space heater. I thought it was great customer service.

I would come back here again. About 5 minutes from Kalamazoo downtown.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
I love the great comments on the service that you received. I will make sure to share that with the staff. I am glad that you were able to enjoy some of the amenities that we have to offer. Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your experience while you were here and I hope to see you again soon!

Carrie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here for the night with wife and daughter. Room was very big, well maintained and clean. Like the fridge and kitchenette, good sized bathroom. Service seemed quick and friendly with check in and out. We didn't try breakfast, pool and other facilities were nice. I'd stay again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
I am so glad you were able to spend some down time relaxing at the pool. I appreciate the great feedback and would like to say thank you for the time you spent to let others know about our hotel. I hope that you and your family will find time to come back to Kalamazoo soon and hopefully you will find time to enjoy our complimentary hot breakfast buffet.

Naples, Florida, United States
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed here for a week. It was in a great location for us... Near family we were visiting and large enough to easily fit the six of us. We had two bedrooms with a pull out couch, two bathrooms and a full kitchen. Free breakfast was great and changed it up so it wasn't exactly the same thing every day. Staff was friendly, room was clean. Great visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the great review. I appreciate the time you took to let others know about your experience at Residence Inn. I hope you were able to enjoy your time with family while you were in town. We look forward to seeing your family again.

Louisville,KY
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Staff was very friendly. Breakfast was pretty good. Evening snack\meal was so so? Room was very clean but exterior needs some work. Close to airport and nice walking\running 3.5 mile trail close by and a nice park. My TV was out two days due to a upgrade? Very inconvient but you probably wont experience it. I stayed there 15days. They allow dogs, and there were several there the time I was there, not too bad but if you dont like dogs you may want to consider it. Think a dog show was going on? I stayed here due to it was close to airport where I was working. Not bad, but not great.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I truly appreciate the response. We did have a National Dog Show in Kalamazoo that weekend it was the UKC Dog Show. I hope that the dogs on property were not a bother to you. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy the running trail it is beautiful. Please feel free to contact me directly if you experienced any issues with the pets so we can be o th look out for any potential problems. Once again thank you for your review.
Howell, Michigan
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As reported by others, the staff were really very nice. Always pleasant and smiling and friendly. Made us feel quite welcomed. The exterior of the building looked nice, but upon closer inspection, needs some work. Rust and decay are evident and would be overall a very BIG project.
Our suite was perfect for our family of 6 for one night. Very roomy and liked having the kitchen. It was like a little condo. But....again, some work is needed here. The carpet is stained, the walls are in need of new plastering and paint. The place reminded me of a fixer upper home that an ambitious young couple might be working on...on a limited budget and with limited know how. Some things are shiny penny new and up graded like the kitchen counter, yet the vinyl on the floor is gouged and stained. The paint on the walls is trendy, but the wall patching under the paint is quite obvious...... But hey, we only stayed a night....we didn't purchase the place.

Big problem, was the pervasive odor from prior cigarette smoking in the room. When I unpacked my bags, my nightgown stunk like smoke! We were all popping allergy medicine in the morning. That was most unfortunate and actually pretty unpleasant. I still have a sore throat as I write this!

Location....good, right off of 94. Pool area and rec facility....smallish but nice. Nice selection for breakfast, more than enough options for everyone and again, smiling friendly staff!

My feeling are mixed. I would have loved it with clean carpet and fresh smelling rooms. I would probably try another hotel next time for those reasons.

Room Tip: 2 story and sprawling complex with outdoor stairs to second floor. Keep that in mind.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
I appreciate that you took the time to write a review about your stay. I am glad to hear that the staff was very friendly to you and your guest. I would like to address the rust on the stairs as we are in the middle of replacing all of the stairs. We have 4 buildings remaining at this point to be replaced.
Utah
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We stayed at Residence Inn, Kalamazoo, for almost a week for our son's wedding. By the end of our stay, the staff knew us by name and treated us like family. Rooms were perfect-clean and spacious-and everything we needed was provided instantly. Breakfast bar was generous and delicious and my family enjoyed the large community room for gathering and catching up. We will be staying in Kalamazoo again in the future and have already promised to return. Thanks and keep up the good work!

Room Tip: We had a double room with two bathrooms-excellent idea for a family.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank SallyCarter
Thank you for the great response on your stay at Residence Inn Kalamazoo. I hope that your family will be able to come back and visit and I would love to have you stay with us again.
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The staff was very accommodating, I have to say that this was the best staff I have ever had the pleasure of being with. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was good but there was not enough seating for everyone that came down.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Carrie O, General Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for such a great comment. I appreciate that you took the time to let us know about your stay at Residence Inn. I hope to see you again soon!