“Warm and welcoming, treated like family....”

Residence Inn Kalamazoo East
Ranked #11 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Titusville, Florida
“Warm and welcoming, treated like family....”
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We were welcomed like family here and treated with the highest respect.
Our motorhome was totaled by a young man on the interstate near this location. After going to 3 different hotels, this was the only one that welcomed us. And in fact though fully booked, was able to find room for us.
The manager, Carrie, and all her staff were very nice to us. Everyone from the all the wonderful people at the front desk, to the maids and the maintenance men went out of thier way to accomodate us. They even allowed us to come in with our 2 terrified cats, for a fee of course, but was very appreciated as we had suddenly become without our home on wheels and no where to go with them.
Was more of an apartment than a hotel room, which was extremely clean with a brand new kitchen including new granite countertops, and cabinets. Could use some handles on the cabinets, however.
Laundry room machines were inexpensive, clean and conveniently located. Pool area inviting, with a nice added surprise of a gas barbeque area.
Terrific hot breakfast, with a lot of choices on the buffet.
I would defiinitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I originally planned to stay at the nearby candlewood suites. After the first night I checked out due to their sullen staff, dirty rooms, and the lack of a free breakfast. Let me say this hotel is 100x better. The gentleman at the front desk in the main office/eating building was warm and personable. The room was like an apartment, not a hotel. It was amazingly clean and the bed was heavenly. They have free breakfast and it is one of the better ones I have had. Gotta love free breakfast. I will he back soon.

• Stayed August 2010
Florence KY
Reviewed 6 July 2010

This Residence Inn exceeded my expectations for a place to stay for a long weekend. It was spotless, well-appointed and had a great breakfast. We were SO pleased!

The staff was WONDERFUL! Everyone with whom we spoke went beyond what many other places would even consider doing for their guests. Absolutely awesome.

The pool was small, but VERY clean. That's a biggie. No fear getting into this pool.

The only things I would change: breakfast until 11 on weekends, 10 on holiday weekdays, and skim milk on the breakfast selections. Otherwise, everything was perfect.

There was a king bed in the room with a nice, light comforter that was still toasty, a hide-a-bed that was comfortable as far as hide-a-beds go, a full kitchen and a restroom that was nothing fancy, but met all my needs. It was truly a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
mlchurch, Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Kalamazoo. We appreciate the feedback and will relay your comments with the entire staff!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Even though we had a paid and confirmed reservation for a 1-night stay at the Residence Inn, upon Check-in we were told there were no rooms available. The Front Desk agent informed us on check-in that due to construction, our room was unexpectedly not available. He then informed us that we would be staying at a comparable hotel nearby - Country Inn - that is a dump. I returned to inform the Front Desk agent that the Country Inn was a dump and asked for some type of compensation - perhaps credit on my Marriott Rewards account? I was again informed this was not possible, but was given a hotel card that allowed us to eat their free breakfast if I cared to travel from my non-comparable hotel dump to their fine establishment. Extremely poor customer service from a Marriott. You might want to call this Inn minutes before you try to check-in in case they unexpectedly don't have a room for you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank peebz77
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I must say, this was one great Residence Inn. Though it looks a bit outdated, it is really clean and modern. The breakfast was remarkable! I could not have asked for a better staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Michigan
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Stayed here over christmas. Room clean, young man at the front desk exceptionally helpful and courteous. Great staff and spacious room. Our stay could not have been better. Our family will come to the residence inn next time we are in Kzoo!

• Stayed December 2009
traverse city, MI
Reviewed 13 October 2009

The hotel is nothing special. My kingsize bed was lumpy and very worn. The room was clean. After checking out, I received an email with a charge of $12.99 for a movie that I did not order. When I called the hotel and talked with the manager, she informed me that there was nothing that they could do, since an outside company was responsible for the television service. She also would not provide a phone number for the television service. What is up with that?

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business