“One month cozy stay in Michigan”

Residence Inn Kalamazoo East
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Noida
“One month cozy stay in Michigan”
Reviewed 17 November 2010

Big rooms with all facilities is the USP of Marriot Residence Inn Kalamazoo. No smoking rooms available. Breakfast and evening buffet (free on Tue to Thurs) were awesome...

Friendly staff & they entertain everything you ask them for. It is a real nice place to stay. I loved my stay in the hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Etisha22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
West Virginia
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed here for two nights (Friday and Saturday) on a recent visit to see our son. The hotel itself is located immediately off the highway, and is convenient to a number of restaurants. Upon arriving, I checked int--the clerk at the front desk was cheerful, friendly, provided us with some dinner suggestions, and directions to the restaurants--very nice start. The hotel proprty is made up of 12-15 individual townhouse style buildings, with (I think four units in each building--four up and four down). I thought the exterior of the property could have been kept up a bit better---it was not rundown, but nor was it "fresh". I would also mention that, for some reason, there must have been 10+ ATT service trucks in the parking lot while we were there. The trucks were rather large, and made maneuvering into and out of parking spaces a bit difficult. The interior of the room was very nice---looked like it had been redone recently---clean carpet, draperies were new, nice kitchen, lots of space. I thought the bed was on the too soft side, but obviosuly that is a matter of persoanl taste. Our first night there was fine---no issues, enjoyed our stay thorougly. The second nite, however, was less satisfactory. We were on teh second floor of one of the townhouse units, and the folks in a nearby unit were being pretty loud--talking loudly, going in and out of their suite a lot/letting the door slam--nothing none of us have not encountered. This all started about 11PM--I finally fell asleep, and at 12:30PM, the phone rings--it was the front desk asking us if we had called a cab. My wife pciked up the phone and said, "No", and at that point mentioned maybe it was the people keeping us up. The clerk asked my wife if she knew which room number they were in, and she replied "No". We thought it was (1) totally inappropriate for them to be calling us as 12:30AM and disturbing us; and (2) pretty odd for them to ask us if we knew the room number fo the people who may have made the request. To their credit, upon checking out the next morning, when they asked how my stay was, I told them about the phone call and noise; they did apologize for the intrusion. Overall the place was ok, but calling us that late reflected poor judgment of the part of the hotel staff--hence the overall poor rating.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HappyTraveler43
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Went to WMU homecoming weekend and everyone ended up in our room. Great amenities, Only problem they didn't have dishwashing detergent for dishwasher. Rooms were comfortable, clean and big.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Titusville, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2010

We were welcomed like family here and treated with the highest respect.
Our motorhome was totaled by a young man on the interstate near this location. After going to 3 different hotels, this was the only one that welcomed us. And in fact though fully booked, was able to find room for us.
The manager, Carrie, and all her staff were very nice to us. Everyone from the all the wonderful people at the front desk, to the maids and the maintenance men went out of thier way to accomodate us. They even allowed us to come in with our 2 terrified cats, for a fee of course, but was very appreciated as we had suddenly become without our home on wheels and no where to go with them.
Was more of an apartment than a hotel room, which was extremely clean with a brand new kitchen including new granite countertops, and cabinets. Could use some handles on the cabinets, however.
Laundry room machines were inexpensive, clean and conveniently located. Pool area inviting, with a nice added surprise of a gas barbeque area.
Terrific hot breakfast, with a lot of choices on the buffet.
I would defiinitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2010

I originally planned to stay at the nearby candlewood suites. After the first night I checked out due to their sullen staff, dirty rooms, and the lack of a free breakfast. Let me say this hotel is 100x better. The gentleman at the front desk in the main office/eating building was warm and personable. The room was like an apartment, not a hotel. It was amazingly clean and the bed was heavenly. They have free breakfast and it is one of the better ones I have had. Gotta love free breakfast. I will he back soon.

• Stayed August 2010
Florence KY
Reviewed 6 July 2010

This Residence Inn exceeded my expectations for a place to stay for a long weekend. It was spotless, well-appointed and had a great breakfast. We were SO pleased!

The staff was WONDERFUL! Everyone with whom we spoke went beyond what many other places would even consider doing for their guests. Absolutely awesome.

The pool was small, but VERY clean. That's a biggie. No fear getting into this pool.

The only things I would change: breakfast until 11 on weekends, 10 on holiday weekdays, and skim milk on the breakfast selections. Otherwise, everything was perfect.

There was a king bed in the room with a nice, light comforter that was still toasty, a hide-a-bed that was comfortable as far as hide-a-beds go, a full kitchen and a restroom that was nothing fancy, but met all my needs. It was truly a home away from home.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
mlchurch, Manager at Residence Inn Kalamazoo East, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Residence Inn Kalamazoo. We appreciate the feedback and will relay your comments with the entire staff!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 15 June 2010

Even though we had a paid and confirmed reservation for a 1-night stay at the Residence Inn, upon Check-in we were told there were no rooms available. The Front Desk agent informed us on check-in that due to construction, our room was unexpectedly not available. He then informed us that we would be staying at a comparable hotel nearby - Country Inn - that is a dump. I returned to inform the Front Desk agent that the Country Inn was a dump and asked for some type of compensation - perhaps credit on my Marriott Rewards account? I was again informed this was not possible, but was given a hotel card that allowed us to eat their free breakfast if I cared to travel from my non-comparable hotel dump to their fine establishment. Extremely poor customer service from a Marriott. You might want to call this Inn minutes before you try to check-in in case they unexpectedly don't have a room for you.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family