Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo
  • Pool
US$124
US$120
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsairport shuttlebreakfast buffetovernight stopgreat pillowswingsnice hotelroom was cleanshower wallwednesday nightspent one night herein room coffeeoff the highwaybed and pillowsearly checkclose to downtowndesk staffwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Very comfortable room and extremely pleasant and helpful staff. Jennie at the front desk was especially helpful and efficient at attending to my needs during my stay. It was even better that the hotel Grand Opening was the evening after I checked in and guests were invited! Free dinner and drinks while roaming through the various hotel spaces. The grounds were spic and span, the room well appointed and beds VERY comfortable. Will definitely stay here again! Plus, dogs are allowed so even better!!

Room Tip: I liked the rooms near the elevator ... but not any room directly next to or across from the stairwell. I think the banging of the stairwell door might be disturbing to some visitors. If you're going to use the pool and fitness room a lot then ask for a room towards the backend of the hallway down from reception.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. It is wonderful to be able the thank desk staff individually for their amazing service. I also love that were able to join us for our opening party!

We look forward to having you stay with us on your next adventure to Kalamazoo.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

I generally like Sheraton properties but usually stay at the Mariott property Residence Inn when visiting family in Kzoo. When I saw there was now a Four Points we decided to give it a try. Interior is nice, but man, are those walls THIN. I travel a lot for work and as a rule wear earplugs but could even hear the noise through the walls with earplugs in. I don't think the guests next door were trying to be loud but it was like they were in the same room with us. When they remodeled this from the Clarion they should have fixed the soundproofing I guess. Won't stay here again and would recommend the Residence Inn instead.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tinygreyhound
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. I apologize that your experience at our property was not as great as we would like, please know that I have addressed your concerns regarding the sound level to the appropriate persons.
We hope that we can welcome you back on one of your future visits to Kalamazoo.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

This hotel was recently acquired by Sheraton & they are doing great! The grounds are absolutely beautiful & the pool is newly renovated. They have sliding glass doors that allowed us to sunbathe while the children swam safe from the sunrays inside. The rooms are not rundown & the staff were totally prepared for large groups of people, as we were not the only large group they had there (they were essentially booked full). Nice job done!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

This is such a fantastic review. We are ecstatic you had such a phenomenal stay with us and are so pleased that you were able to fully utilize our amenities! Please do reach out the next time you are in town, whether for business or for pleasure- we would love to welcome you back and hope to do so soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We recently hosted a car club regional meet at this hotel. The location is the closest to Gilmore Car Museum with easy access to the Air Zoo. It is right off I-94, so it was easy to find. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They were extremely helpful during the planning stages and even more so during the meet. Everybody was impressed; and that isn't easy when you're trying to please nearly 200 people. The pool reopened during our stay after its upgrades and it was enjoyed by many of our young guests. Because it is connected to the hotel by a long hallway it was open from 5am to midnight without disturbing guests. Potter's restaurant/lounge offered reasonably priced drinks with some great microbrew specials, they even created a special drink they named after our cars. We hosted an "Eat and Greet" BBQ buffet for early arrivals and their food was delicious and plentiful. The banquet coordinator was extremely accomodating as we added last minute guests who hadn't been sure they'd arrive in time. I had many comments following our banquet on the final night that the food was the best ever served at one of our meets--we had prime rib and chicken picatta; and it was excellent and reasonably priced. If you are planning a convention or car club meet or just passing through Kalamazoo, I would highly recommend the Four Points

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor in a room that faced the pool and sundeck and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write and share your experience with us! I am glad you had a wonderful time at our hotel. It is always a nice to hear that your experience with us was fantastic. I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with them.

We look forward to your return to the Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo!!

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Easy to find right off I-94. Stayed here on a weekend trip to the Kalamazoo area. Close to the airport, Wings Stadium and the Airzoo. Staff was friendly and helpful. As mentioned previously the air conditioning is pretty loud. The pool was closed so we didn't try it out. They were sending guests across the parking lot to the Holiday Inn Express to use the pool over there. The rooms are on the small side, but nice. We would stay again if we are in the Kalamazoo area. We brought our own breakfast with us so we didn't try the restaurant on site.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for your nice review after your recent stay with us. We are thrilled you found our location, staff, and facilities accommodating to your travel needs. Great feedback is always appreciated! Next time you will have to take a dip in our pool or grab a bite in our restaurant!!

We hope we get the chance to welcome you back in the near future!