“Good place to stop!”

Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stopped here on the way to Detroit. It served us well as an overnight stop, and I would come back here. The room was nice, and the hotel was quiet. Staff very friendly and helpful. It is not close, per se, to downtown Kalamazoo, but there are some decent places to eat without driving too far. Hotel itself was great, had a good time here. Fitness center excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay here and were able to use the fitness center, it is indeed a little gem.

Next time your are traveling thru we would love to see you again!

Safe travels!

Reviewed 2 April 2013

The hotel is extremely clean and well appointed. You walk into a bright lobby that is attached to bar/eating area will another large breakfast eating area. The rooms were quiet with an very comfortable bed that allows you a wonderful nights sleep. The airport shuttle drivers were all very kind and outgoing. They had several recommendations of places to go and were willing to travel a close distance to accommodate since we didn't have a rental car.

I will look forward to staying here next time I am in Kalamazoo.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with our property. Reviews such as this are an affirmation to our team to keep up their great work and I will be sure to share with the shuttle gals your kind words. We hope you can find yourself in Kalamazoo again so that we may welcome you back!

Until next time!

Reviewed 12 February 2013

This property impressed me from the front door! Immediately upon entering the entry, you feel the warmth of the decor and the waiting area is so cozy and comfy. You really just want to sit a while and take it all in. The colors and the furniture design and layout just scream "rest and relaxation" with a strong twist of style and modern and contemporary elements! Then as you continue on into the first floor, there are so many pleasant surprises in every direction. Starting with the cozy lounge/business center area with it's fireplace and television...I didn't want to move - every section captures you! The cozy bar area is simply adorable and staff was more than accommodating. Even the breakfast buffet area is full of comfort and so nice. The meeting space is first class and they offer a nice variety of settings. The breakfast dining room as well as the bar overflow areas are top notch!

The swimming pool and fitness areas are first class and very nice - clean and more sanitary than average pools. There were ample towels in both areas and the TV in the fitness area with many magazines was a great option.

Whether for business or pleasure, this property has it all! The rooms are very spacious and the beds and pillows sleep like marshmallow clouds...best sleep I have had in a long time! There is a cost for the breakfast, but the variety is great and you have time and space to get your money's worth in a very comfortable atmosphere!

Room Tip: 2nd floor is still under construction, but it really was not noisy at all - it was actually scenic a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Travel0vr

I cannot thank you enough for your superb review!

We are very proud of our property and really love to hear when others feel as at home and comforable as they do when visiting family. We are proud to say that the renovations are all complete, bathrooms are all updated and meeting space just come back from a face lift. We are expecting a restaurant spruce up in the next few months, but this will only make it feel that much cozier!

When your adventures bring you to Kalamazoo we would to have you be our guest again!

Until next time, safe travels!!

Reviewed 6 February 2013

This property is very nice, beds are comfortable, pool is clean and most importantly, the staff is professional, courteous and responsive! We took our granddaughter there for her birthday. WHen we arrived we heard a dog barking in another room. The lady at the front desk addressed the problem immediately...she moved us to another room (like actually helped us carry our stuff) and said she was going to talk to the owners of the dog. That was above and beyond. You won't be sorry if you stay there!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I booked two rooms for a quick family trip. In my wife and I's room, we found at 2:30 in the morning that our room thermostat was obviously malfunctioning. We went to sleep a little after midnight and woke up to being cooked by the HVAC. We had it set for only 68 degrees. I ended up sitting next to the HVAC and letting the air conditioning run for about 10 minutes. At this point I just turned the darn thing off so I could get my few more hours of sleep before hitting the road in the morning.

When it came time for our shower, we found the shower head was placed at a height that requires you to either bend very uncomfortably, kneel, or sit just to wash your hair. Fine for a child, but a surd for an adult and painful for an elderly person.

The water is soft, but the tubs are slippery as a result. The tactile material on the floor of the tub was worn, so we warned our father in the other room to put a towel down so he wouldn't slip.

Our drain did not properly drain so within 2 minutes of beginning the shower, the tub was filled above our ankles.

My father shared that the toilet in his room had probably "seen better days" and had black marks inside - likely mold of some kind.

The alarm clock in my dad's room was off by one hour. Since we were traveling from another time zone, this threw him off. As a matter of fact, he literally lost an hour of sleep over it.

All of this happened starting late at night where our only reason for the rooms was simply for sleep in between some traveling. We really didn't have the time to get all of this resolved. So this review isn't so much a problem with the staff as it is the substandard quality of the rooms, hotel, and overall stay quality. I apologized to my father for booking at this Four Points. We have two similar trips for a total of four more rooms planned for April. We will not be returning to this hotel and I will probay not return to the Sheraton family of hotels. This was quite a disappointment.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank stevenshizzle
Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed here 2 nights with our son's lacrosse team. They had a special breakfast for lacrosse players. The pool was nice with outdoor seating were parents could relax while the kids swam. They do not have a guest laundry facility which was disappointing. I drove to the laundry mat down the street after our late evening game and it had already closed. I asked the front desk if there were any other options and she had housekeeping do a special load for my son's uniforms. They were done within an hour. This was very helpful, because those uniforms do not smell good after a day of lacrosse in the middle of summer. We went to the italian restaurant down the street and it was so good, we went there again the second night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 January 2013

We checked in with a large group of parents/daughters. They knew we were checking in but, didnt have enough desk clerks on hand so we waited a half hour in line to check in. I was not overly upset but regular hotel patrons who were trying to check in were.

Upon checking in our desk clerk forgot to give me my breakfast voucher. I didn't realize this until I got up into my room. Went back down and asked the other desk clerk for our voucher explained the other desk clerk forgot. She kept saying she would have to wait to speak to the other girl who was on break. Ask her what? I said she forgot and I wasn't trying to get two vouchers. She made me feel like she didnt believe me. Oh it wasn't that she said. She just needed to check. Basically I felt I was treated like I was trying to scam another voucher from them. Later on I called down and asked about getting my voucher and she said oh yes she asked the other desk clerk and she admitted she had forgotten and would now send it up. So, yes she didn't trust me. Nice way to treat your hotel guest.
The room was clean and pillows nice. Bathroom clean. Heater very noisy on and off all night long. Walls are paper thin. You can hear everything in the rooms next to you. So if your next to loud people forget it no sleep for you.
Breakfast was very underwhelming for what they charge. Need more variety.

• Stayed: November 2012