“my lovely experience”

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Waco, Texas
“my lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stranded by "the big storm" of May 2014 (so far, at least) and flight cancellations, I found this hotel and these people so welcoming and accommodating to this "distressed traveler" that it is a memory of kindness that I will always have. So many innkeepers and their staffs have forgotten that this is the reason for a hotel from the customer/traveler's perspective that it is really nice to encounter it. I was picked up from the airport (having turned in my rental car) and given a terrific rate and a beautiful room in the morning(!). I have been traveling to Kalamazoo for about 20 years and have stayed in a bunch of local hotels around Stadium Drive (near WMU), and this is the best hotel for the quality of the bed and the room's amenities, the exercise room, lobby area, restaurant that I have found in those years. At long last . . . . :)

Room Tip: Although I was on the first floor and more toward the highway than not, the room was quiet and I had...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FourPointsKalamazoo, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hello Julia,

Thank you for the kind review! I’m glad your experience at our hotel turned a stressful cancelled flight situation into a positive one. Our Four Comfort beds are a favorite with guests, and our staff strives to provide a great experience for every guest. We’d love to welcome you back next time you’re in town. Thanks again!

Valerie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

This is a nice Four Points property with clean, modern rooms and good facilities.
There is a well equipped workout room as well as indoor pool.
The restaurant has good food at reasonable prices.
Staff all friendly and helpful.
Not much around hotel itself other than a BK and Arbys.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Hi James,

Thank you for the great review! I’m glad you enjoyed our rooms and pool, as well as the restaurant. We’re only about 15 minutes from downtown Kalamazoo; next time you’re in town we can recommend some great restaurants and pubs if you feel like venturing away from the hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in March while attending a function in town. Hotel was easy to find right off highway and convenient to everything in town. Check-in was a breeze (as was check-out) and all staff we met were very friendly and professional. The room was a good size with an extremely comfortable king size bed and all the amenities you would expect. It was clean and housekeeping kept it that way for our complete stay. Had supper one night at their "Potters" restaurant. Food and service were great.Location to the Kalamazoo Expo Centre was less than 5 minutes away. Although we did not need it, we saw 2 shuttles out front for airport travellers. Firekeepers Casino was about a 25 minute drive away. One thing I have always found is that if you stay at a Sheraton property you walk away with a smile on your face.
We hope to return to Kalamazoo next year and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank kelly_3399
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 22 March 2014
Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the fabulous review! Our hotel is located close to many of the main attractions in town: the Expo Center, Wings Stadium, the Air Zoo, and Bell’s Brewery and all the features of the downtown area. We do have a complimentary shuttle to and from the Kalamazoo airport. I’m glad you left with a smile. Thank you again, and we’ll see you next year!

Sturgis, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have stayed in motels all over the USA and also in Riga, Latvia. This is by far one of the most enjoyable experiences I have had. Great condition and beautiful and the bed was absolutely so comfortable - I felt like taking it home with me.

People very friendly and helpful and everything was just great. Will absolutely return and will look for other Four Point hotels when I travel again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bdebord22
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 9 February 2014
Hi bdebord22,

Thank you so much for the glowing review! Our Four Comfort Beds are a favorite with many travelers. I will let our staff know about your kind comments. We hope you can visit again soon!

United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

My young son and I were stranded here in Kalamazoo for a night after our flight was cancelled. There was a huge blizzard but the poor staff who had to come to work in it treated us so well. There is a convenient airport shuttle. Nice warm pool which we enjoyed while watching the snow pile up outside. The staff was very helpful with everything we needed. Dinner was fantastic in the lobby restaurant...way better than usual hotel food. Rooms are very nice and clean with big squishy linens and pillows on the beds. One of the nicest overall hotel stays I have had. Thank you so much! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
FourPointsKalamazoo, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Kalamazoo, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Hello Jamey,

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, albeit unplanned. I hope you can come back and enjoy our hotel and restaurant without being snowed in. Thank you for the wonderful review!

Kalamazoo, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

We decided to take a 20 minute trip to Kalamazoo and take the children swimming. We picked The Four Points and had the pool to ourselves.
Our room was a double queen, very clean and easy to move in to.
We stopped by the Lounge and had FREE barbecue, a Wednesday deal. The Bartender (Nate) was world class, styling and profiling. Kept busy by all the linemen for out of state, but never flustered and always on top of his Bar.
The lobby, lounge, pool, and room were all fresh and clean. It was well below zero outside but the indoor pool was steaming warm.
One setback was no coffee for the pot in our room, but that was solved with the big Coffee station in the Lobby.
We also saw the hotel is Pet Friendly!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Daniel W
Hi DW,

Thank you for your kind words! I will make sure Nate knows about your glowing review. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our Wednesday night Manager’s Reception with complementary barbeque, beer, and wine. You are correct that we do allow dogs under 50 pounds at the hotel. Come back and see us again soon, and bring your furry friend!

Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton Four Points while traveling on business. The important things were there: the staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable--in fact, it was one of the most comfortable beds I have experienced at this level of hotel. Since many hotels can't even get these things right, I feel I can give this property a 4-star review. However, several things rubbed me the wrong way: First, my room key was initially programmed incorrectly, requiring me to walk back with my luggage to the front desk and back to my room again (which was at the far end of the hotel). Second, the trim and the furniture showed signs of definite wear: many scuff marks and scratch marks. Finally, I did not appreciate the soap and shampoo being kept in a "dispenser" in the shower. I realize that Sheraton will probably contend that they are "saving the environment" by not providing individual bottles, however I was paying $70+ a night to shower in a hotel, not a gym locker room.

I was a bit nervous about staying at another Sheraton Four Points property after a negative experience I had at the Sheraton Four Points Lexington (Kentucky). That property is an unmitigated disaster (look it up on TripAdvisor to see some horror stories). I can now say that at least the Sheraton Four Points in Kalamazoo provided me with a comfortable room and a good night's sleep, for which I feel I received my money's worth.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business