“Not the best Hampton”

Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Calgary, Canada
“Not the best Hampton”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

The hotel is very dated, which usually doesn't bother me if the location fits, but tied in with the brutal noise from the highway out front I probably wouldn't stay here again. On the plus side staff were very friendly.

Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank TheWinger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
Reviewed 12 February 2008

My family and I were on our way home from Chicago to Detroit Sunday afternoon when we came upon some very bad weather. I-94 was closed down do to a nasty accident so we decided to overnight it at the Hampton Inn. We were able to get the last room because the hotel was booking fast because of the weather. I have to say that it was a really nice hotel. The man at the front desk was great. The room was comfy and all the extra's helped alot like free internet and breakfast. We didnt take advantage of the pool but it looked really clean and nice. All in all we had a good nights sleep. I would recommend this hotel if in the area.

• Liked — Great beds
  • Disliked — Only had smoking room left so it did have a bit of a smell but not that bad.
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mjkandik
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 30 December 2007

Flight cancellation led us to this hotel near the airport. Hampton Inn was very accomodating - gave us bottled water to drink and 2 ice scrappers for the ice storm that came. Recommended restaurants that delivered food so that my family could eat due to this disruption. Freshly baked cookies greeted us at the front desk! Very clean basic rooms, fairly good internet, breakfast so-so. Staff excellent!!

Stayed December 2007
Canton, Michigan
Reviewed 16 September 2007

We've stayed at several different Hampton Inns a couple years ago while traveling out west. Each breakfast was delicious, the beds and rooms were comfortable and clean, and the staff very courteous and welcoming.

We looked forward to this trip too. However, this time we were a little disapponited with the room itself. The road noise was very intrusive, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows - talk about small. Very small throw-type pillows.

So, that's why the average rating.

Stayed September 2007
yunghart
Reviewed 27 March 2007

I came to Kalamazoo to visit my mother in the hospital and I was pleasantly surprised. The price was comparable to other hotels but you get so much more out of it and don't have to worry about cleanliness. The lady at the front desk was very nice and even booked a cab for me. I'll be sure to stay with this Hampton Inn anytime I am ever in the area again.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — Everythin was great
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank yunghart