“Great stay”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

During my last min trip to Kalamazoo I stayed at the Baymont inn. It was a great stay. They were re-doing their parking lot but had everything organized and ran smoothly as they were doing so. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was clean, everything you'd expect from a hotel at a great price! Will be staying here again if I ever come back to Kalamazoo!

• Stayed: May 2014
Amanda B, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind response about the Baymont Inn, Kalamazoo. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The parking in this hotel was atrocious! I arrived late at night in a rental, and had to park in front of the building and move my car early the next morning, when the dozen huge contraction trucks finally left. Breakfast was sub par. The only redeeming quality of the hotel was the staff. The gentleman late at night Stephen was understanding about the parking, the breakfast lady was really nice, and the lady at the counter Britney was very helpful and gave me really good directions to my location. I would stay here again if the parking situation improved.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for your review. I will pass on all the kind words to my staff! We did have a crew staying here with utility trucks, while the trucks were big and took up a lot of space, we tried to keep it as organized as possible. They also need a place to stay while in Kalamazoo. They have since checked out, so our parking lot is back to normal. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience it caused! We do hope to see you in the future!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Stayed at this hotel and paid almost $150 with taxes for one night while it was under contraction. There was a terrible stench in the hallways and lobby due to carpet being ripped up. Several utility vehicles took over the parking lot. We certainly would have preferred a discounted rate with the poor shape the building was in during remodeling.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience our remodeling caused during your stay! Unfortunately it is one of those things that needs to be done to keep our hotel up to date! Good news is that it is complete now! We do have a crew that has been staying with us with utility trucks, we do try to keep it as organized as possible but they are big trucks and they also need a place to stay while in Kalamazoo as well. :) We try our best to accommodate all of our guest! We hope that you will give us another chance!

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Unfortunate level of noise due to changing carpets during my stay. Also the smell of cigarette smoke was dense in the hallways, even though I was in a non-smoking room/wing. Inconsistent presentation of room after daily cleaning, sometimes without refreshing the supply of coffee or correct number of towels.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Thank you for your review. I did address my staff about the consistency of amenities in the room, to ensure we don't have any more complaints. Unfortunately, updates are required from time to time; while we don't want to inconvenience anyone, we need to make sure we keep our hotel up to date. I apologize that it created a noisy stay for you. The carpet is completely installed now and hope you stay with us again!!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have a good stay at this hotel. It is extremely quiet. I heard absolutely no noise from the rooms next door. THe room and bathroom were clean. The bed comfortable. On a more negative note, the front desk staff is extemely inattentive. No one is there and so you have to wait. Also, the hotel was replacing the hall carpet but had no signs indicating that glue was on the floor. I stepped right into it. What a mess. I sign would have prevented this mishap. Overall though, it was a good stay.

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

I would like to apologize about the mishap with the carpet glue. We did have signs posted that we were replacing it, but you are right we should have had better signage to let people know that there was glue. I have addressed my staff about the issue of being inattentive. I do require my staff to stay up front at all time, so I be monitoring this more regularly to make sure there are not more issues. Thank you for your review and for staying with us, hope to see you again soon!