“HOLIDAY INN WEST KALAMAZOO ROCKS!!!!”

Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 26 May 2011

Our softball tournament has used the HIW for 5 years now for our host hotel. Like a fine wine every year it gets better with age! The whole entire staff from housekeeping up to GM are the best!! Our needs are met and exceeded without questions!!! We are booked again for 2012 and we can wait to see them!!!

GREAT JOB HOLIDAY INN-WEST STAFF!!! YOUR ARE THE BEST!!!

xoxoxoxoxo "T"

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
ateske, Manager at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2011

T-
Thanks for the great review! We love being the host hotel for your tournement! The staff has such a great time interacting with all the players. We look forward to your event each year- and yes, it does keep getting better! Keep in touch and we'll see you next year!

Amy Teske-

Reviewed 28 March 2011

We stayed at a pool side room which was good but the pool was nasty and the hot tub 2 young girls puked in it... I don't think they had enough chemicals in the pool.. and to much in the hot tub. The games barley worked and when they did they were junk anyways.. I would honestly never stay at this hotel again...

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank pickypet
Reviewed 5 March 2011

This hotel is very nice, clean and has great friendly staff. We were there on a Sunday night with two young children. We were originally in a poolside room. When our children were ready for bed at about 9:00pm it was EXTREMELY loud in our room from all the screaming and yelling that was going on in the pool/courtyard. I know that some noise is to be expected but I was shocked and how thin the walls/doors were to the rooms. Another couple in our party had a room that was not near the pool and we ended up switching with them because our baby woke up from the noise. The room away from the pool was quiet and peaceful. So just keep that in mind when picking a room location.
The Staff here really does go above and beyond. We were eating lunch at Burdick's (the onsite restaurant) and had already checked out of our room. I was looking for a more private place to nurse my baby and the front desk staff left me sit in the office and nurse. It was private and comfortable and I really appreciated a quiet spot to nurse before we got on the road.
All in all I would recommend this hotel! Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
ateske, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2011

Thank you so much for the feedback on the Holiday Inn West.
I am so glad to hear that the staff took such good care of you and you enjoyed the hotel so much. We apologize for the noise. When our hotel is busy, it is a common area for guests to enjoy their time, so it can get busy. I am glad you were able to enjoy a quiet room away from the pool.
Have a great day and come back to see us again!
Assistant Director of Rooms

Reviewed 19 January 2011

My entire (extended) family stayed at the Holiday Inn West for my daughter's wedding. The staff, from those at the front desk to the van driver to the housekeeping crew, were very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. We felt right at home. The hotel is kept up nicely, very clean and up to date. The rooms and all areas are clean and well maintained. You can sense the attention to detail and yet, there is a relaxed atmosphere. The restaurant (Burdick's) has delicious food, which I think is unusual for a hotel restaurant! We had the rehearsal dinner there, and met there for breakfast the morning after the wedding. All in all, the hotel was very impressive, and a good value for the rates. It was a fun stay, and we had no complaints. We will definitely return when we are in the Kalamazoo area!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Nlyn915
ateske, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2011

Greetings!
Thank you so much for your feedback on our service and property.
We are proud to serve our guests everyday and it is always wonderful to hear feedback.
I am so pleased you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you and your family again.
Take care!

Assistant Director of Rooms- Holiday Inn West

Reviewed 5 January 2011

I worked in the Hospitality field as a General and Regional Manager for Marriott and other various franchise organizations for 16 years, I was thoroughly impressed with the extent of customer service that I received from ALL OF THE STAFF at the Holiday inn west. I was looking for something fun to do with my children and family and I was VERY impressed with the lengths the staff went to make it an enjoyable experience for everyone.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
ateske, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2011

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am so glad you enjoyed our hotel and staff. We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling through Kalamazoo.
Have a wonderful 2011!

Assistant Director of Room, Greenleaf Hospitality

Reviewed 9 November 2010

Stayed here recently for a trip back to WMU. There were 7 families in our group, we had our rooms grouped pretty close together. One of the rooms was on the second level with doors to both the interior hallway and the 'Holidome' area (not sure if they still call it that). This was nice b/c it served as a gathering place for everyone with the outer hallway overlooking the play area with pool, open 'running around' space, basketball/foosball, gameroom, pool etc.

On-site restaurant was nice too, there was also a semi-private area out near the pool where another group was having a birthday party.

The hotel had obviously been recently re-done and everything was new, fresh and nice. We all had a great time.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Linc33
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This hotel is best on weekends for families with kids. Had a room that faced the pool / recreation / party area on a recent Friday & Saturday night. Even though we were on the third floor, and the window was sealed shut, the noise was very intrusive. Basically shrieking kids from 8 a.m. when the area opened until 10 when it closed. Unless you don't mind constant noise, I'd suggest that you request a room on the outer side of the building. We finally requested a change mid afternoon on Saturday which management accommodated graciously and without question. Rooms are nicely remodeled and clean.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple