“What a neat place to stay!!”

Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
A TripAdvisor Member
“What a neat place to stay!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2005

Wow, if you want to be treated right, go to the holiday inn west- I could not believe how friendly everyone treated myself and my family, They went above the normal standards of hospitality and I will soon be going back!

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2005

The staff has taken great care of me at the Holiday Inn West. I relocated and had an extended stay. While I was there, many property enhancements were put in place. without disrupting guests. The hotel looks great and the staff is very friendly.

• Stayed February 2005, travelled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2003

My family decided to get together for Thanksgiving by going to a Buffet so that no one would have to do all of the work for the Holiday. I made reservations at the Holiday Inn West in Kalamazoo because they were having a Buffet on Thanksgiving. The food was fantastic!!! Just about everything you could think of. If you went away hungry it was your own fault. We ate until we couldn't move. Our stay was wonderful, we went the night before so that the kids could swim and play and it was well worth it. Everyone had a wonderful time. If you are ever in Kalamazoo please pick the Holiday Inn West on 11th St.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Mateo, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2003

My husband and I had the misfortune of spending a night here recently.
The toilet in our room was backed up, so we asked to have it fixed while we were at dinner. Three hours later, it still hadn't been fixed.
We were finally moved to another room by 11:00 pm. The next morning, the breakfast bar was so disgusting we went with a safe breakfast of bagels and cream cheese. When I decided I needed to calm down by relaxing in the jacuzzi, I discovered that they were doing mainentance and the pool area would be closed "a while." We moved out right then and spent the following two nights down the street at the Hawthorne Suites in a lovely suite with it's own jacuzzi, kitchenette, and a fairlly comfortable king size bed for only $10 more than at Holiday Inn. Hawthorne Suites even had a free breakfast buffet that was way better than the lousy one that Holiday Inn charges for. For a relaxing stay in a really nice room, skip the Holiday Inn and go for the Hawthorne Suites.

4 Thank Bee72

Travellers are raving about these Kalamazoo hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2003

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Kalamazoo-West approximately two weeks ago. What a joke! The two young girls at the front desk did not have a clue about hospitality. No direction to room, assistance with bags, information on Kalamazoo, etc. Anytime that I passed through the lobby, they just seemed to stand around looking bored and spaced out. The hallways were dirty, with trash (a surgical-type rubber glove!) and used tissue in the hallway (just a few footsteps from the front desk). The room was clean and generally OK, but the window did not open and the fan (for air circulation) was horribly loud. I guess that really didn't matter too much, since the bed was so uncomfortable that we would have been kept up all night anyway. That's exactly what happened. Don't bother trying the restuarant there either. There was a reason why we found so few other people in it. The yogurt they served had been stamped with a freshness date that had long since expired. The eggs, etc. were incredibly greasy and aweful looking. Clean silverware?
Forget it! The carpeting throughout the hotel, including the dining room, looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 10 years. To say the least, we were happy to check out and get out of there as quickly as possible.
Upon checkout: the statement slipped under the door stated that you can use "express checkout" by following the procedures outlined in the accompanying file jacket. The only problem, the hotel did not provide us with the file jacket that was suppossed to come with our statement when it was slipped under the door during the middle of the night. When stopping by the front desk to check out, the two spaced out girls didn't bother asking how my stay was. Maybe that was obvious from the look on my face. When I asked about Holiday Inn's participation in a mileage program, I just got a blank stare and some mumbling about its Priority Club. When I explained that I was asking instead about frequent flyer miles, I again was invited to joint the Priority Club, which may credit you with points for your stays at the Holiday Inn, but does not translate into frequent mileage credits. I simply gave up the explanation and walked out. Yuk!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2003

I forgot a dress shirt in my room upon checking out.Called the manager and I was told that they would parcel it out to me.I was willing to pay the expenses. Never heard back. This is the problem with franchised hotels.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2002

I was on a business trip to the Kalamazoo area and I stayed at the Holiday Inn West for a long period of time. My room was more than I had expected and kept clean daily. The motel had just about every thing a traveler might need or want. I keyed in on the hot tub and pool. Every thing was as it should be, however, I called this review "Home away from home". It was the people that pushed this review into the excellent class. I was forever treated special. I can tell when it comes from the heart rather than a requirement on a job. The staff, from top to bottom, did an excellent job of making my stay feel like I was at home while I was away from home.

The food was excellent and the service was outstanding. The housekeeping crew was on top of everthing. They were always busy cleaning something.

The staff at the front desk was always there to help me with communications, laundry, and my endless questions about the Kalamazoo area. I stayed there a very long time and I would do it again in a heart beat. I would like to thank everyone for making my stay the highlight of my trip.