“Geri Rocks!”

Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West
Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 29 January 2014

My stay at Fairfield was my first business trip in Kalamazoo and Geri made it feel like I was at home! She was very welcoming, offered her assistance with ANYthing I needed and made me fresh cookies :) I look forward to future travel to this area to have the opportunity to see Geri again and stay at Fairfield Inn!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Hello Melissa W,

We appreciate you sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. Our cookies we have during the week are truly amazing and I am glad that Geri made you a batch so you would not miss that crucial experience here at our hotel.

We look forward to your next stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

facility is really good. well maintained. better than many fairfield inns. staff is very nice and friendly. they helped me lot when my car stuck in snow. early checkins late checkouts no issues. as a life time platinum member i am very impressed with this fairfield inn.

Room Tip: snowing hard and looking for a stop on i94.. this is the place to be..
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Hello Foo L,

Thank you so much for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor! Traveling this time of year in Michigan can be very stressful, I am happy to hear my staff was quick to respond in your time of need. We want to make your travels stress free. As a Platinum member who travels at lot your words of praise mean the world to us.

Thank you again and we are glad you made it home safe.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My experience at Fairfield was positive from the start. After a long day of farm visits, I received a warm welcome at the front desk by Geri. Not only was my room extremely clean and easy to make myself at warm, but Geri went above and beyond to make sure my barn clothes were clean and ready for my next set of visits early tomorrow morning. It was more than I could have expected and really allowed me to have a relaxing evening. A great place to stay!

Hello Elizabeth F,

Thank you so much for taking time out of visiting farms to give us a review. I am so pleased to hear that Geri was the most hospitable host during your stay. We want our guests to feel welcome and start their days on the right foot.

We hope to see you again when you travel back to Kalamazoo!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

From the moment I walked in the door Geri not only treated me with service second to none but each and every person I saw walk in after me. She not only managed to get me checked in, but provided me with information about the area, places to eat, drink and relax all while taking care of two other groups of four that walked in after me. I'm a Marriott Rewards member who travels almost weekly and this has topped any customer service experience that I've had at any Marriott including Marriott resorts. I'm definitely getting the year off to a good start. The hotel is also very clean and the rooms don't seem as stuffy as you might experience in other hotels. I'd highly recommend this hotel. Room service I'm neutral only because I didn't use it. There isn't restaurant on-site but Cracker Barrel is right next door and has never let me down.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Alexis B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Hello DASH301,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. At Fairfield we make a promise to our guests.

I am beyond delighted that Geri was the embodiment of the Fairfield spirit and set your year off right. We strive for every guest to have the experience like yours. Thank you for sharing. I hope your year continues to be just as good.

We'll see you the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed for a company training event in the Kalamazoo area. Loved the staff at the front desk and my room was very clean. I had requested a refrigerator and microwave and both were waiting for me when I hit the door. I will return to this property for any traveling I do in the area.

Room Tip: High floor in the corner was perfect for me.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Alexis B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Hello cabe1981,

Thank you so much for providing feedback on your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear my staff was attentive to your requests. We aim to make traveling stress-free for our guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel as your Kalamazoo home.

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had been at another hotel and it was not very clean and I did not feel comfortable there so we moved our reservation to this hotel. The man that worked the front desk was very nice and efficient since we just wanted to get in our room and relax. Got to the rooms, very good size and very clean. We had a king size room and the bed was really comfortable!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank rangerwife2009
Alexis B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Hello Rangerwife2009,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! Here are Fairfield Inn West we take great pride in the care of our guests. I am so pleased to hear that the staff made you feel welcome from the start and that you found our rooms to meet your needs.

When your travels bring you back to Kalamazoo, we would love to host you again!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

After reading bad reviews, expectations were low. However, after renovations a year ago the facility was attractive, comfortable and pretty clean. After a summer of hard use from travelers with kids, there were a few spills on the carpet, and the elevator carpet needed cleaning. Staff
was very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and comfortable with lovely bedding. Breakfast was the usual continental with many choices. Parking lot clean without people lurking around. I don't understand the bad reviews. This is not a 5* hotel, but neither are the prices. Highway noises were not an issue with the heater/AC/fan totally masking it. We will stop there again without hesitation.

Room Tip: A room on the side opposite the highway will be quieter.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our property. I am the new General Manager at this property and my team and I have been hard at work to correct issues past guests have noted. I am glad to hear that our improvements are being felt by our guests. We appreciate you taking the time to share that here on TripAdvisor.

Next time your travels bring you to Kalamazoo we look forward to hosting you!