“Best welcome experience!”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
stillwater
“Best welcome experience!”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Geri, the front desk person was so nice, friendly and by far the best front desk person I have come across! Give her a raise. Just a joy to talk with. Thanks Geri! Train all front desk people to engage with customers like her and you will win customers back every time!

• Stayed January 2014
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hello jheroff,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! From the time you walk in our front door to the time you walk back out we want you to feel special, and you are because you are our guest.

Geri takes her job of being there for our guests to heart, as do we all here at Fairfield. I am so glad you had time to interact with her during your stay.

You are exactly right about this being a key reason on why guests will return to our hotel, we certainly hope to be your first choice when you come back to Kalamazoo!

-Alexis Bosler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I enjoyed a fantastic stay at this hotel - it far exceeded expectations. Great room, modern feel, terrific breakfast buffet, great room with jetted tub.

Geri made us feel like royalty. Will definitely stay again when in Kalamazoo.

Hello EGH1969,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay at Fairfield Inn West. I am glad to hear you found both your room and our amenities met your needs. Each member of our staff takes pride in making sure everything is perfect for our guests.

I am glad Geri made you feel like royalty during your stay. We are here to serve our guests and exceed any and all expectations.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My stay at Fairfield was my first business trip in Kalamazoo and Geri made it feel like I was at home! She was very welcoming, offered her assistance with ANYthing I needed and made me fresh cookies :) I look forward to future travel to this area to have the opportunity to see Geri again and stay at Fairfield Inn!

Hello Melissa W,

We appreciate you sharing your experience from your recent stay with us. Our cookies we have during the week are truly amazing and I am glad that Geri made you a batch so you would not miss that crucial experience here at our hotel.

We look forward to your next stay with us! Thank you again for your kind words.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 January 2014

facility is really good. well maintained. better than many fairfield inns. staff is very nice and friendly. they helped me lot when my car stuck in snow. early checkins late checkouts no issues. as a life time platinum member i am very impressed with this fairfield inn.

Room Tip: snowing hard and looking for a stop on i94.. this is the place to be..
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Hello Foo L,

Thank you so much for reviewing us here on TripAdvisor! Traveling this time of year in Michigan can be very stressful, I am happy to hear my staff was quick to respond in your time of need. We want to make your travels stress free. As a Platinum member who travels at lot your words of praise mean the world to us.

Thank you again and we are glad you made it home safe.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My experience at Fairfield was positive from the start. After a long day of farm visits, I received a warm welcome at the front desk by Geri. Not only was my room extremely clean and easy to make myself at warm, but Geri went above and beyond to make sure my barn clothes were clean and ready for my next set of visits early tomorrow morning. It was more than I could have expected and really allowed me to have a relaxing evening. A great place to stay!

Hello Elizabeth F,

Thank you so much for taking time out of visiting farms to give us a review. I am so pleased to hear that Geri was the most hospitable host during your stay. We want our guests to feel welcome and start their days on the right foot.

We hope to see you again when you travel back to Kalamazoo!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

From the moment I walked in the door Geri not only treated me with service second to none but each and every person I saw walk in after me. She not only managed to get me checked in, but provided me with information about the area, places to eat, drink and relax all while taking care of two other groups of four that walked in after me. I'm a Marriott Rewards member who travels almost weekly and this has topped any customer service experience that I've had at any Marriott including Marriott resorts. I'm definitely getting the year off to a good start. The hotel is also very clean and the rooms don't seem as stuffy as you might experience in other hotels. I'd highly recommend this hotel. Room service I'm neutral only because I didn't use it. There isn't restaurant on-site but Cracker Barrel is right next door and has never let me down.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Alexis B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Hello DASH301,

Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. At Fairfield we make a promise to our guests.

I am beyond delighted that Geri was the embodiment of the Fairfield spirit and set your year off right. We strive for every guest to have the experience like yours. Thank you for sharing. I hope your year continues to be just as good.

We'll see you the next time you are in town!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I stayed for a company training event in the Kalamazoo area. Loved the staff at the front desk and my room was very clean. I had requested a refrigerator and microwave and both were waiting for me when I hit the door. I will return to this property for any traveling I do in the area.

Room Tip: High floor in the corner was perfect for me.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Alexis B, Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hello cabe1981,

Thank you so much for providing feedback on your recent stay with us! I am happy to hear my staff was attentive to your requests. We aim to make traveling stress-free for our guests. Thank you for choosing our hotel as your Kalamazoo home.

We look forward to seeing you again!