“Good Choice”

Ranked #16 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Edmonton, Alberta
“Good Choice”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I booked a stay at this hotel during a return trip to the west that originated in the Province of Nova Scotia. The reason for staying in Kalamazoo was simply for logistical reasons, but the choice of the Fairfield Inn in Kalamazoo was based on reviews I read on trip advisor. I encountered no issues during my stay, and although I was worried about being put in a room in very close proxomity to the elevator, it did not turn out to be a problem. Sure, you could sometimes hear the hum of the elevator, and the odd noisy guest, but I must admit that I did not wake up during the night becasue of these things. The bed was very comfortable and I had a good sleep. The only complaint - which I reported to the front desk upon checkout - was that the office chair in the room could not have its height adjusted (I believe the gas cyclinder was broken). Hopefully they will replace it quickly.

The only other thing I experienced at this location was the free breakfast in the morning. It was not too bad, and they did have some hot foods (eggs and sausauge patties) in addition to cereal and other items. If you are travelling to or through Kalamazoo, Michigan and need a place to stay, this property would not be a bad choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Bryan023

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Kalamazoo
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staying over on business trip. Everyone was extremely courteous and helpful. The staff managed to get us some rooms even with last minute preparations. The rooms are fantastic. I would come back again. If you are ever in the Kalamazoo area, I would recommend this place highly.

• Stayed April 2014
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The remodeling looks great and everything was very clean and well kept. The service was stellar and we were very pleasantly surprised by the free breakfast. They actually had hot foods like eggs and sausage as well as the normal continental breakfast fare.

Only slight issue was that our bathroom sink was draining very slowly but we didn't bother to call to get it fixed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife is a platium member for Marriott and obviously travels frequently. Her recent stay at the Fairfield Kalamazoo West was exceptional. Upon checkin, Geri was very friendly and helpful in the process. She even called the room to make sure all was well and suggested a great pizza restaurant for our dinner. She really went beyond the call of duty and my wife will definately be back the next time in the Kalamazoo area..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 17 March 2014

The service we received from check in through check out was exceptional on this visit. Check in was efficient, Geri was very friendly and engaging during our interaction. She continued to make the visit wonderful when she observed me going to get ice and she offered to get the ice and bring it to the room. Above and beyond what is expected. I am impressed with the "new attitude" experienced during this stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Hello Mr. Rogers,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Kalamazoo and thank you again for reviewing that stay here on TripAdvisor.

Here at Fairfield West we pride ourselves on our high level of customer service. Geri is certainly one of our shinning stars and you won't find service like her's any where else.

I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and we look forward to your next stay!

Alexis Bosler
Spring Lake, Michigan
Reviewed 15 March 2014

This hotel had fantastic service, clean rooms, great breakfast bar. The night manager was fantastic, as she checked us in with great service. The kids each got a snack, she brought some extra towels and sheets to the room, and was just an overall great person to deal with. Then it got even better in the morning. The day manager washed, and folded all of my children's towels from the swim meet the night before, and brought them to our room. That is fantastic customer service.

Room Tip: If you have kids, staying on the 1st floor makes a lot of sense. You are close to the pool, vending...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Alexis B, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo West, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Hello William B,

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn West for your stay in Kalamazoo. We appreciate you taking the time to review us.

I am so happy to hear that my staff provided you with the fantastic customer service we pride ourselves in.

We hope to see you and your family again soon!

-Alexis Bosler
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel last summer and the visit was a disaster; room not ready, dirty when I was finally allowed to go up. Due to a business trip I had no choice but to stay at this property again. This stay couldn't have been better. They must have gotten new management because every part of this stay was great. A special thank you to Geri behind the front desk. Very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the side of the hotel facing the highway, very loud.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Hello David 16_12,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. The experience you shared is exactly what we have been striving for since I took over this property in August.

I am sorry that your first impression of our hotel was not a pleasant one. My staff and I take great pride in our hotel and providing our guests with exceptional service. It means the world to us that on this visit you experienced just that. Thank you for your kind words. I will be sure to share them with Geri and the rest of the team.

We hope to see you again on your future visits to the area.

Warm regards,