“Do not stay at this property”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo East
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 8 July 2013

This property is old looking and needs to be closed. We checked in a 11:00pm and were surprised how bad the room was maintained. The bathroom was scared from old stains. We were surprised how bad a Marriott property was.

Room Tip: Rooms are old and not well maintained. We had bugs in our room. The bath tub was stained. The tow...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank cigarsteve1

Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel when we came for parent orientation at WMU. Prepaid for 2 nights thru priceline per email from college. Outside entrance to room, very cramped room, tiny bathroom, bed like a concrete slab, temperature control didn't work. Checked out 1 day early. Priceline would not refund without talking to manager. Manager wouldn't do anything until he could talk to counter girl who was on duty when we checked out, so they wouldn't return our calls. For $100/night this place is a ripoff. We moved to Comfort Inn close to WMU and LOVED it! Marriott should be embarrassed to be affiliated with this rat trap!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband booked the room and while he was booking I quickly checked to read reviews...I read in horror what people had written. I immediately wanted to cancel but it was too late. I arrived with a lot if trepidation...well I'm happy to say that our experience was absolutely wonderful. Check in a charm. Staff was very nice. Once in our room 327 my husband determined that the air conditioner was not working so he called the front desk...I promise you before he hung up maintenance was knocking at our door faster than Jimmy John's...well my husband had not turned the correct button and the maintenance guy showed him him to operate. We asked about what was happening in the area and he provided so much information. ..Our plan is to come back again and request our room 327...Thanks

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank R1558
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed three nights at this hotel. The room needed a refurbishment. The room opened to the parking lot. The deadbolt on the door did not work. I ended up purchasing a bathmat for the shower. Someone removed the old mat leaving behind the old adhesive and dirt. The Wi-Fi and mini-refrigerator worked. Still this was not enough to make up for the six bugs I collected before leaving.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I travel a lot for business and have recently started staying at this hotel after being so disappointed and disgusted in the staff and conditions over at the Best Western across the St. This hotel has a fabulous lobby and the rooms are clean and just make for a comfortable stay. the staff id=s friendly and willing to help in any regard.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I normally never write reviews good or bad. I usually let things go if I'm not happy. This time it's different because it is related to kids health. We booked this hotel for Friday and Saturday night. I have to admit Friday night was the worst night. Kids and I couldn't sleep all night long. We had bed bugs crawling all over us. On top of that the room smelt super bad. What a horrible night with kids crying all night while getting bitten all over. Next morning we packed up our stuff and left the hotel. When we talked to the hotel staff they advised us that we need to talk to the manager because we are leaving one night early and will not get our refund for that one night unless we talk to him. Manager did not even come out to talk to me and just told people working at the front to go and call hotels com. This was the worst place ever what a nightmare. I wish there was a way I can post pictures of bug bites.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Daniel-Hafiz
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was by far one of the worst hotels I've ever been to. I am pretty sure I could have gotten better sleep if I slept in a cardboard box. The bed is the worst, the pillows are so soft they are useless. The rooms are filthy - I wanted to leave the second I got there. When we woke up to go get some complementary breakfast, there was nothing to eat except cold eggs that were made from a box and some hard stale bagels. There was nothing good about this hotel except the location. I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family