“Pleasantly Surprised!!!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo East
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I have never stayed at a hotel that had both indoor and outdoor entrances, so I wasn't sure what think. When I entered the lobby I was greeted by a very nice and upbeat desk clerk. I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the room. I also loved the fact it came with a refrigerator and microwave. The free wifi was very fast which was perfect for the work I had to finish.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Richard L

Reviewed 20 March 2014

I was very pleased with the staff, rooms and breakfast at this hotel. The breakfast was not just continental, it was a full hot breakfast with many great choices. It made my business trip to Kalamazoo very pleasant. I'd definitely stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa T
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I thought that this would be okay because it was a Fairfield Inn but I can't believe that Marriott is willing to put their name on this property. The whole property is dingy and run down. Rooms were dark and not especially clean. The breakfast looked gross so I didn't have anything but coffee. I had an outside room and the parking area and outside my room was not especially well lit so that I didn't feel terribly safe. This place is WAY overpriced. The only thing that I can really say in the hotel's favor is that the staff was nice and the Wi-fi worked.

Room Tip: Choose a room somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Leslie B
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was in Kalamazoo to see some friends and checkout the local breweries. The front desk clerk was able to give me directions to all of the breweries, with a smile on her face!! The price was great, the room was clean and breakfast hit the spot after a long night!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My wife and I experienced one of those magical moments that happens rarely and unexpectedly. After the ending of Saturday's Kalamazoo Living History Fair, about a dozen or so of us for the evening and well into the night took over the lobby of the Fairfield Inn. We ordered food and adult beverages. In the lobby we ate, drank, and talked. We recounted stories that became legends. Some were hilarious. I listened to stories of reenactors I wish I could have met, and some I was happy not to have known. And we sang songs. Songs of colonial America in French and in English. As the evening progressed, the circle of reenactors and stories grew. Many thanks to the evening crew at the Fairview for allowing us to sit back and enjoy the evening.

Room Tip: First floor is the easiest
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I've stayed at this Fairfield Inn at least once a year for many years and the experience continues to improve. The outside is the old style Fairfield so it's not exciting but inside is another story. The lobby is a great place to sit and visit with friends. The room was good sized with a comfy bed although they could use an upgrade on their towels. The breakfast and the breakfast area both get high marks. It was a great way to start the day. I will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Spent a very comfortable night here - at a very good price. The hotel shows it's age on the exterior, but the room was very nice, very clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was so-so, but then again I don't usually have the waffles which are a staple for many, and even so was more than I would have expected for the money. Very nice evening.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends