“Ok hotel--but not quite up to Fairfield Inn Standards”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kalamazoo East
Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Kalamazoo
West Virginia
“Ok hotel--but not quite up to Fairfield Inn Standards”
Reviewed 16 September 2010

We spent on night at the Kzoo Fairfield Inn. Upon arriving, i noticed that the hotel had outside walkways to the rooms--not interior walk ways like every other Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed at. I think that this was, at one time, run under brand name other than Fairfield Inn. As a general rule, I am not crazy about hotels with exterior room access--I think the rooms can be noisy, and I also have concerns about security, and had I known this was the design of this hotel, i would not have stayed here. The room itself was clean---rahter small, with a king size bed taking up the vast majority of the room space. The bathroom itself was also quite small. The furnishings were a bit dated, some of the wall paper peeling a bit, but perfectly adequate for a single night's stay. The front desk staff was efficient and friendly. And, I should add, that in spite of the room having an exteriro hallway (an our room faced the interstate), the room was quite quiet. Generally, my experience with Fairfield Inn's are positive, this one was ok---not horrible, but also not the best either.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My wife and I stayed here one night while attending a wedding in Kalamazoo. The building and grounds look pretty run down and old. The lobby seemed somewhat newly redone with a pretty nice breakfast area. I read something about rooms being newly refurbished, but our room definitely was not. The room was very small. The hotel mentions free internet, but there was no wireless and nothing mentioned in the room so I am not sure if that is true. The bathrooms were very tiny, but the shower was decent. The room had a microwave and fridge which were both nice. The bed was actually pretty comfortable compared to other lower end hotels. The free breakfast was not very good compared to most hotels.

There was nothing really bad about our stay for the night however I probably would not stay at this location again just due to the size of the room and the shape that the physical building and surrounding area was it.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Troy, OH
Reviewed 17 August 2010

So far this year, I've stayed at about 150 different hotels around the country. This one wins the award for the worst of 2010. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Mold growing on the shower curtain, the soap & shampoo bottles supplied in the bathroom were nasty, and the coffee pot let out a terrible stink when I tried to use it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2010

I was shocked that a Fairfield Inn was so sub-par.

Positives:
- Friendly reception
- Nicer inside than I thought it would be based on exterior maintenance and appearance

Negatives:
- MAIN PROBLEM: This Fairfield does not advertise that the majority of its rooms have an exterior entrance, making it a motel in my book. When I am working, I am a solo, female, business traveller and will only stay places that have secure interior access. The third floor of the hotel is interior entrance, so a problem was avoided. I think it's important that people know that most of the rooms are exterior access only.
- My room was less than clean with mystery substances splashed on the walls.
- The bathroom area was miniscule.
- The bed was not comfortable and the pillows were especially flat and hard.
- Overpriced for what you get

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
d_r_junior225
Reviewed 8 March 2010

i had a alright time being that there was alote of noise above us on the third floor and i smoke so i go out side and do so but when i dont smoke all my cigg. i put it out and put it on a table and im not perfict a little ash comes of the tip of the cigg. if it was smoked and i DID NOT THROW THE BUTTS OUT SIDE I PUT THEM IN A GARBADE IN THE ROOM AND I GET A $ 250 USD SMOKING CHARGE

AND THE STAFF TOLD ME IF I SO MUCH AS SET IT DONW IN THE ROOM I GET A CHARGE DOES THAT SOUND " FAIR"

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed 21 December 2009

Very happy with my stay definitley will be staying again in the future.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank foreverdreamzzz
richland, michigan
Reviewed 8 December 2009

the hotel staff was wonderful, the room was amazing, breakfast was more than i could have asked for!! the general manager was

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple