“By far the best in town”

All Seasons Hotel and Resort
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kalkaska
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Kalkaska doesn't have much to offer in hotels, and this place was hands down the nicest. The pool area was large; the breakfast was pretty good and had a lot to choose from. It's in need of some updates to carpets, wallpaper, etc.

My biggest complaint was we had a group of 10 rooms reserved at least a month and a half before. The hotel was not by any means full on this weekend so I don't understand why we weren't all in nearby rooms. And they put us in an adjoining room with people who were not from our group. The first night, we had to put up with their noise. They in turn had to put up with the noise from our group visiting in our room the second night. Just simple common sense seems to have been lost.

Also, the rooms on the whole are very poorly insulated. People in rooms on the first floor can hear every foot fall of people on the second floor.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 August 2012

When we first entered the room is had a bad smell to it like it was either musty or someone had smoked in it previously. There was not much on the breakfast bar. Both mornings it was biscuits and gravy and sausage patties. The room had a whirlpool tub but it was in the wall separating the bath area from the sleeping area and the only separation were shower curtains, one on both sides of the tub. This did not make sleeping in very good when someone is getting ready in the morning.

Room Tip: stay away from the rooms with the whirlpool. not very well constructed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Carpet was dirty - nail clippings on floor next to bed, sheets didn't stay on mattress, shower had mold, mildew in it, holes in comforters, scratchy sheets, dirty tables (that I had to ask twice to be wiped) in breakfast room, supplies not kept up in breakfast, out of pool towels, could hear loud plumbing noise from multi rooms, parking lot noise was very loud in 2nd floor room, could hear conversations from neighboring rooms, staff seemed overwhelmed although they were friendly, only one person working during morning breakfast shift to take care of front desk and breakfast room. Sign on mirror - we count out towels before you come in - if they are here when you leave you're charged. Nice touch! Need I say more?

Room Tip: Stay at a different property
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KimberlyT49071
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I stay at this motel every week and have been doing so for about 15 years. I have never had a bed bug bite. This story of bed bug bites - he must have brought it from home. I have always had a very pleasant stay. The help is always accommodating and eager to please. I have nothing but good to say about his motel. I have stayed at other motels in Kalkaska but this is by far the best.I would like to comment about Jeff T's review sounds like flea's from a dog.What do you sleep with?

Room Tip: Looking for a private hot tub or joining rooms they have them.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank tedc92407
Reviewed 14 November 2011

I stay at this hotel once a month for two nights and my stays have always been just what I want them to be. I get a quiet room with a pillow top mattress that puts me out like a light. There is a breakfast for me in the morning before I hit the road. I like the indoor pool and hot tub the best. I have found that treating people as you would like to be treated goes a long way. The staff at All Seasons Resort treat me so well that I feel like I'm the only one staying in the hotel. This all makes me feel like home. I'm thankful that my company has me stay here and it puts me close to everywhere I need to go.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 27 October 2011

It's a mediocre hotel. I have stayed there two times ONLY because it is the best hotel in Kalkaska, but I most certainly would not be staying there if there was a better option. The price is high for mediocre (IMO). One time the hotel hot tub was cold. The staff said they couldn't do anything about it. My next stay, the hot tub was nice. The rooms are outdated and the bedding is old, old, old. But, I did check for bed bugs both times I was there and saw no evidence and returned home with no itching (as one reviewer stated he got bed bugs from staying there, I thought I would point this out). I give this hotel an average rating only because it is merely average. Although outdated, it was clean. Priced too high IMO, but I haven't wanted to drive to Gaylord or TC when my needs were in the wee bitty town of Kalkaska. I have stayed in Gaylord at a much nicer hotel for the same price as this place and let's face it, everything in TC is over priced.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I work on the road doing road construction and stayed at this motel for about four days. i woke up one morning and was itching from neck to feet and didnt know why??? we went home for the weekend and came back on a sunday evening. i woke up tuned over and felt somthing crawling in my ear. i dug it out turned on the light and there were at least fifty bed bugs in my bed. i yelled at my roomate to get up and he had the same amount of bugs in his bed. this resulted in me having anywere from 4oo-600 bits alkl over my body. i went to the hospital and they ruled out all rashes except bed bug bites. i took this matter to the manager and she said it was a bug that lives inside pine needles?? come on if they were that small i couldnt have seen them. gimme a break so now im gonna have to take this to court. DO NOT STAY AT THIS RESORT ITS INFESTED BY BEDBUGS!!! sincerly jeff timmreck ------------

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeff T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kalkaska
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Sleep Inn & Suites Acme - Traverse City
Holiday Inn Express Acme-Traverse City
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel
21 mi away
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort
Shanty Creek Resorts - Summit Village

Been to All Seasons Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!