Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kentwood
Kentwood, Michigan
“Cosy”
Reviewed 5 November 2012

When we moved in the city we stayed in this hotel for almost a week. It was very close to all restaurants and Centerpointe mall making it very convenient. Since you have a kitchen at your disposal along with the essential utensils you also have the option to cook. The room was very cosy and the staff friendly. We got two keys for Me and my husband. I misplaced mine during the stay and the hotel staff were very kind and didn't charge us for it.
It works out beneficial if you stay for a week or more as you get lower room rates.

Room Tip: Works out more reasonable for a longer stay (a week or more)
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
HM-ESA, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 6 November 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Guelph, Ontario
Reviewed 22 October 2012

On Oct 19, 2012 my partner and I stayed at the Extended Stay. Check in was easy. The room was nice and big, but very basic furniture. The tv was a flat screen but was getting old as the picture was dark. No breakfast is provided. Nice bed but had a poor sleep because of the noise coming from the other rooms and they were just walking around their room Very annoying. The price was right but unless you are on a budget I can not recommend staying at this hotel

Room Tip: stay on the top floor for reduced annoying noise from other rooms
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
john016, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that the television in your room had a dark screen and about the noise issues. We did just upgrade to all flat screen televisions but some may be defective. I will ensure that we inspect all our televisions to ensure there aren’t any further problems. when you stay the next time we will Our staff usually takes care of any noise issues that are brought to their attention and I am sorry we failed to do so. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at grk@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Kentwood hotels

Reviewed 2 June 2012 via mobile

Over paid$95.00 for a 1970's travel lodge type room. Carpet, furniture bed spread run down, frayed, and very worn out. No extras. Ie breakfast, pool, work out rooms, all not here. If you like this type of room, great, but you should pay no more then 50 bucks,. MAX

• Stayed May 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 16 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

We specialize in providing clean, comfortable rooms at an affordable price. I take seriously your concern, however, and assure you that we work very hard to explain exactly what we offer to our guests before they arrive. I am, of course, very sorry that we were unable to make our offerings more clear to you before you checked in, and hope that you will keep our hotel in mind when your future needs are for an accommodation like ours.

Kirkland, Washington, United States
Reviewed 18 February 2012

The Extended Stay in Kentwood is definitely not what I'd consider a luxury hotel but it was exactly what I needed for my three weeks of training. The room was smallish but perfect for one person. There weren't many dishes but, again, for one person it was great. They were very welcoming of my dog. The most important part was that, as a single woman traveling alone, I always felt safe and secure. The parking lot was well-lit and open so I always felt safe taking my dog out at night. The cleaning staff did a great job cleaning once a week and if I needed anything before that the desk staff were very helpful. The laundry facilities were clean and comfortable and the machines worked perfectly. Even though the hotel was full, I never had a problem with noisy neighbors or noise in the hallway. The location is great and easy walking distance to restaurants and two malls. The only thing I could wish for is for there to be grocery stores in walking distance. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers and others.

Room Tip: As a solo traveler I felt very safe on the upper floors.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Amber J
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Amber,

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Grand Rapids - Kentwood. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We were among the first in the industry to identify a need for a fully functional hotel suite, complete with range top and full refrigerator. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you.

Noida
Reviewed 22 December 2009

I stayed in this Hotel for 3 months when I was on a business trip to Grand Rapids through my company.

The hotel is good with easy accessibility to Walmart and nearby shopping Malls.

Facilities in the Hotels are very good with prompt responses.

I would recommend this hotel to all business travellers.

• Stayed July 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sumitagarwal789
KS
Reviewed 21 September 2007

My stay at this ESA was a disappointment. Between the smelly room, dirty dishes from previous 'tenants' in the microwave, and non-funtioning lights, my stay was less than ideal.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank KsTravelerSE
Michigan
Reviewed 8 August 2007

For a $32 priceline bid I won this hotel and was disappointed due to another Extended stay I had previously stayed at. For the money, this hotel was great. The room had a bit of an off scent to it, but the hotel was in great condition and clean. The Check In Clerk was absolutely gorgeous, which is a nice bonus. I would stay here again if the need arrised.

• Liked — It was very nice for the price
  • Disliked — The Off Smell in the room
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank superdrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kentwood
Comfort Inn Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Grand Rapids
#3 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Grand Rapids, MI
Homewood Suites by Hilton Grand Rapids

Been to Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood? Share your experiences!