“Clean, comfortable and affordable”

Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Kentwood
“Clean, comfortable and affordable”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We were on a last minute trip and did not book our hotel in advance. After a few attempts failed to get 4 star hotels downtown. I searched Hotel.com and saw Extended Stay America for only $75 for the night. It only had a 2.5 star rating but reviews and pics seemed good.
Checked out the hotel before we booked and were satisfied. It was actually cheaper not booking online. Room with kitchen, cooking utensils, full fridge, dish washer, stove, microwave cost only $69.
We were very impressed at the quality for this price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank HotelQualityControl
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Hi there,

The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great things about the value our hotel provides. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your entire stay and that you would come and try us again in the future. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 21 July 2013

On the surface, this hotel is clean and seems very functional for either a short or long stay. The rooms are a nice size, with a bedroom area and a kitchen area near the door. The rooms also feature a full fridge, which is nice. All the rooms have interior entrances, and the lobby and hallways were clean and inviting. Beyond this, I did have a few concerns with my stay. One lamp in the room did not work at all. The bed did not have a blanket on it...just a fitted sheet, flat sheet and a comforter, which meant that I had to sleep directly under the comforter (which is gross, since I don't know how often they are cleaned). The bed was also VERY noisy when you sat down or moved on it. The air conditioner was very loud, and while it did a great job of keeping the room cool, it woke me up briefly every time it came on since it was so loud. I also had concerns that the hotel does not have an ice maker. When I asked the front desk rep about it, she recommended using the ice in the ice cube trays in the freezer in the room. Primarily, I don't know how often these are washed, and how sanitary the ice in the trays is when I arrive. As well, it's not feasible to fill even a small cooler with ice in this manner since it takes so long for ice to freeze. I expressed these concerns to the hotel in a survey, and was almost immediately contacted by the hotel manager, so I was impressed with the speed that my concerns were handled. On the plus side, the hotel has a small but nice grab and go breakfast (muffins, bars, fruit, coffee, tea and cocoa) and the area was very quiet and felt safe. It is near a well traveled area, but is on a side street so it wasn't very busy. Overall, the hotel wasn't terrible, but it fell short of a good rating in a few areas. All the problems I expressed are ones that could be easily remedied, so I hope that my concerns have been taken seriously to improve the hotel's guest experience.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank USRoadTripper
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. I am pleased to read your remarks about how fast your issues were handled and how you liked our hotel upon first impression. However, I am very sorry that the air conditioning unit was loud and you did not get a good nights sleep. I am also sorry that the bed did not have a blanket on it. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have followed up with the housekeepers to ensure your experience is not repeated. I will also work with the maintenance staff to fix the noisy air conditioning unit.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please contact me, at grk@extendedstay.com, if you would like to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Lakeview, Mi
Reviewed 13 July 2013

We checked into the hotel on a friday night, check in was a breeze and the lady that checked us in was super nice. the hotel was very clean. Our room was clean. and very big (4 people stayed). The room had free wifi and a flat screen tv. the in room kitchen was great. It was very clean minus the food that someone had left in the fridge. the beds and bedding were very nice and clean. the beds were really hard and uncomfy. our window screen had a huge hole in it and wouldnt shut all the way so we had to put a towel in it to keep the bugs out but besides that the hotel was awesome. our biggest issue was when we stayed another person/ or people had stayed with there dogs living them in the room all day and they barked until early in the morning. but besides that this hotel was great and we will defiantly stay here again.

Room Tip: we had an up stairs room... i think it really doesnt matter.. we really couldnt hear tons of noise u...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Nina - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Thank you for letting us know that there was a hole in the window's screen and that it would not close. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great customer service and a big room for your group to enjoy. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed all of the amenities our hotel has to offer.

Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Clean Rooms, quiet, spacious and affordable. Plus Free High Speed Internet. You are only 5 minutes away from the airport. Close to the mall and 28th Street. The rates are alot better than the competition.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 21 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are pleased we were able to provide you with a clean and quiet stay. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I booked a room for a great value for one night while visiting Grand Rapids for my friend's bachelorette party. Front desk was very nice, check in was easy, and I was very pleased with the room. Comfortable beds, clean, and spacious. Would recommend to anyone staying for a lengthy time or just for the night

• Stayed June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property! It's great to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our rooms and how friendly our staff is. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Desk clerks were friendly and nice.I appreciate that this is a no-smoking hotel. Room was basically clean and spacious with small kitchen. I do a lot of reading on PC or print so lighting is important to me and lighting was very adequate and WiFi was strong. I found a jelly bean on the carpet and dirt in the baseboard corners especially in the bathroom. We only stayed one night but if we had needed to be in the area longer I would have moved next door to the LaQinta, Breakfast provided was 'Grab and Go" and that was OK with choices of oatmeal, cereal bars, fruit, coffee and tea. Carpets outside of our room were very dirty and also in the stair well (which we chose to use instead of the elevator). Parking lot has convenient spaces near entrance doorways. With a little cleanup this place could get four stars from me.

Room Tip: Second floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Carol - Thank you for your wonderful review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our guest service and the cleanliness of your room. I am also very happy that you were satisfied with the lighting and free WiFi available in your room.

Ypsilanti, Michigan
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Great value and exceeded my expectations with the room from what I thought. I had a fast and easy check in and same for check out. Overall it was excellent without complaints in any area. The rooms are a good size and excellent bathrooms that had fresh towels. I liked how clean the kitchen was and the bed was comfortable for a good night's rest.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Eric - Thank you for posting such a great review. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the size and cleanliness of our rooms. I am also very happy to hear that you had an efficient check in and check-out process.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kentwood
Comfort Inn Airport
Drury Inn & Suites Grand Rapids
Drury Inn & Suites Grand Rapids
#3 of 48 in Grand Rapids
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Airport

Been to Extended Stay America - Grand Rapids - Kentwood? Share your experiences!