“pleasantly suprised”
Review of Kingsley Motel

Kingsley Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kingsley
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We went to a wedding in Kingsley and this was the only motel/hotel in town, so we had no choice but to stay here. We have stayed in small town motels before and were not looking forward to this. However, we were shocked at how much this place exceeded our expectations. The room felt like it was either newer or recently remodeled and was by far the nicest small town motel we have ever been in. We got a kitchenette room and it was more like an apartment than a motel room. They had a fire pit area and wood already cut for us to use. Since almost all the motel guests were family and friends from the wedding we took advantage of this and sat out by the fire for a few hours at night and had a wonderful time. We would definitely stay here again. Good job Kingsley Motel.

Room Tip: Bring your own food to cook and get a Kitchenette room, so you don't have to spend the extra mon...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank degen97

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Unwilling to pay Traverse City prices, we were happy to find this motel. It's worth the little extra drive for the money you save. We got one of the last 2 rooms that were left when we called Friday evening. Our room was super clean and very spacious. There was a good size refrigerator, mini coffee maker and microwave. The refrigerator worked well, some hotel fridges barely cool. The pillows weren't great but we had brought our own anyway. The only downfall that we could perceive was how thin the walls were. Management knows this and nicely brings it to its customers attention by means of a note on the dresser asking people to be respectful of their neighbors. Unfortunately, not all people realize how loud they are. Be aware that your neighbors can hear your conversations if not speaking in low tones. For this reason I gave the motel a 4 star rating rather than a 5. The a/c / heat unit will run continuously. For those of us who like to sleep with fan noise this is very nice. However, it's not loud enough to cover the voices of thoughtless neighbors.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank MichiganPhotogirl
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I attended a wedding at Cobblestone Farms in Kingsley and needed a room close to the venue, it's only 7 miles away! We were very impressed with the rooms at this little motel! They were very clean, clean linens, clean bathroom, refrigerator, microwave! It was great! As previously said, they leave "welcome bags" in every room. Chocolates, water, popcorn, hot chocolate.. So cute and thoughtful! I spoke to two different gentlemen on the phone from the motel and they were both very friendly and helpful. We were arriving late to the motel the night we stayed so the manager called me to let me know that they left our key in a lock box outside of the office. He text me all the information that I needed to get into the room! If we are ever in the Kingsley/Traverse City area and need a motel, this is where we will be staying!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BeatriceSChicago
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend with my husband. The room was very clean, had a huge bathroom, nice furniture. The staff added small personal touches that you just don't see at large chains. This place understands the hospitality industry. I would definitely recommend this motel. The only downside was the beds weren't the greatest but not bad by any means. Overall, a nice quiet getaway place.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank LaceyLala13
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for one night and were very pleased with everything, from start to finish. The room was clean and had plenty of space. Loved the furnishings and decor, but especially the little bag of coupons, snacks, bottled water and hot chocolate mix. What a nice touch!! The hotel is easy to find, located just off the highway. However we did not hear any traffic noise. We will definitely be staying here again and will recommend it highly to all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cindy S
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We spent the weekend here in the kitchenette room. The room was very clean, however there are a few improvements that would have made the stay more enjoyable. First, there was some type of chemical/cleaning smell in the room. Not sure what it was or where it was coming from, but if you have a sensitive nose, it is an offensive smell. Also, a box of tissues would be appreciated. I understand that this is not a boutique hotel, but the towels were very thin and I don't think it would be a major expense to upgrade them. You might want to bring your own soap too, as the soap that's provided is nearly unusable. We had the end unit near the gas station, and there was quite a bit of road noise. It is a bit of a drive from downtown TC, but you make up for that in the price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2013

This is the nicest motel I have stayed in since living in Mi the last ten years it has a rustic decor is clean and quiet. I have compared prices in Grand Traverse County this is the best value. I stay there at least once a month and enjoy my stay every time I would recommend this place to anyome that asks me best value cleaniness and customer service is exceptional!

Room Tip: I have stayed in the room wth the king bed the efficency ones are the best Ibhave seen
Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank abbycadabby33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingsley
Traverse Bay Inn
Quality Inn By the Bay
#33 of 40 in Traverse City
Baymont Inn & Suites Traverse City
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City

Been to Kingsley Motel? Share your experiences!