“Lovely Surroundings; Good Value”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lakeside
The White Rabbit Inn B&B
Ranked #1 of 2 Lakeside B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We were very skeptical after reading the reviews of this inn. However, it is surrounded by woods in a lovely setting and the room was comfortable with a very nice bathroom and jacuzzi bath tub. The spread on the bed needed replacing and one wall needed to be cleaned or painted. Other than that, the bed was comfortable and the bedding was clean and nice.We enjoyed having the small refrigerator in the room. While they offered only a continental breakfast, the pastries were awesome, the coffee good, and there was fresh bluberries and jam as well as yougurt. For the price, it was a good value and located conveiently to the beaches and wineries.There is a nice little patio off the room.

Room Tip: The lower priced room was fine for a couple.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jwelhwel

Reviewed 15 April 2012

We went on a whim for a get-away from Chicago. The price was right at the time, though in retrospect it was more than it should've been. I'll agree with everyone that A.J. is SUPER friendly and makes you feel very at home. Tons of movies and free popcorn, refreshments. 24 hour access to all of that by way of a code at the door.
The downside - the room is old and run down. musky, stains on carpet. Our room (the least expensive) was an "adjoined" room, so we could hear everything our neighbors did, which included tv, coughing, talking and farting.
I'd love to say that I would go back, but really I can't see myself spending the money for that again. Sorry A.J. - it just needs some loving care. Paint job, new carpet, etc. Also, the breakfast was what I could've gotten at a continental breakfast, not a B&B.

Room Tip: Don't choose the cheapest room if you're looking for privacy.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My husband and I take several (3-5) overnight "get away" trips each year and we usually stay in B&B's. We stayed in the larger of the 2 "cabins" and at $200/night, it was one of the more expensive places we have stayed. I wish I could say it was worth the price, but in all honesty, I can't. We really liked the large space and cabin-like decor. My two main issues were that the furniture is definitely not new, the couch even had a fist sized hole in it. Also, the "private" hot tub is NOT private during the winter months. The owners house is only about 100 yrds behind the cabins and is plainly visible through the leafless trees. Chatting with the owner and guest at breaksfast was nice though.

Room Tip: If you want a truly a private hot jub, stay in the smaller cabin. Also, the place is pet friendly.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The proprietor, AJ, is a big-hearted guy with tons of helpful information about the area; very welcoming but lets you feel as though the place is yours, respects your privacy. Offers tons of videos to take to your cabin. The cabins themselves are cozy while being ample, with giant hot tubs out back where you can relax with a full sense of privacy. Dogs are welcome.

It's not a family place--must be 21 and older to stay. Makes it just right for adults who want to get away and explore an amazingly lovely part of western Michigan. Very close to the lake and the woods, with some very fine eateries close by.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 January 2011

Our new 4-month old Mini Schnauzer (Greta) feels like this is the cats meow @ Billy's Cabin. We enjoyed 2 evenings of quiet relaxing time together with our pet. Remember to eat at Roadhouse Inn (rib night on Monday evenings) and also Fitzgeralds in Harbert. AJ makes some really great Allegro coffee in an electric coffee maker that really compliments the custom bakery. If you like to walk the Lake Michigan lakeshore when the temps are below freezing go to the Warren Dunes nearby because you will be the only humans around! Great time from George, Barb and Greta.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2010

My wife and I have been staying here for years (years even before AJ bought it). The rooms still contain the same decor as they did 18+ years ago. Rooms are now well worn, furniture with holes, and very dirty.

AJ continues to be a friendly inn keeper but has not invested anyting back into the property.

After years of staying at the White Rabbit several times a year, we will not return.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JAM1954
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Over the years, we've stayed here and it has REALLY gone downhill. Dust everywhere in our room, a ripped toilet seat ( for at least two years), blinds that do not work, holes in the roofs. YIKES! I'm thinking AJ does not want to put any $$ in the place because he knows he can sell the place/land for a great deal of money. Anyway -- there are many better places to stay in this area.

Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple

Been to The White Rabbit Inn B&B? Share your experiences!