“lovely inn with one exception”
Review of Lakeside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lakeside
Lakeside Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lakeside
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Beautiful rustic inn with awesome access to Lake Michigan. Only complaint that I have is with the Inn Keeper lady. She was nasty and rude and seemed to not care about guests. My wife has a food allergy and consumed organic life culture breakfast bars. She approached our table and told us that bringing our own food is against their policy and that we should have been aware of this fact and asked that we put it away. Needless to say we will now search out other areas to stay!

Room Tip: I would go elsewhere based on treatment to cutomers
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Brian and Katri... B

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Yes, the place is a bit worn but that is the charm. We went for a wedding so we were a captive audience. No shampoos or stuff-that felt cheap to me. TRUE, the lady at the front desk during the day was on the verge of nasty-I asked to use the bicycles and she was curt. Turns out there was one bicycle and a broken childrens bike. Could they afford to get a few bikes since there are trails everywhere? The place is not quiet-bring earplugs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank McClarity
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Our family has been spending a weekend in July up here for the past 10 years. By family I mean 5 siblings and souses, children and their spouses, and now our grandchildren. My mother- in- law has provided this for us as a chance for us to all to get together and enjoy each other. Every year the staff has been wonderful, but for some reason I felt more extra touches this year. It was more of a challenge this year because we all had little ones to help watch, but everyone was patient and the Housekeeping staff was excellent!
I also want to mention the new restaurant at the Inn. The chef kindly brought kitchen samples to the front porch where we gather and he accommodated us by opening early Sunday morning for us to enjoy our traditional breakfast before we left for home, even when he wasn't due to open for several hours! Food was wonderful and highly recommended!

Room Tip: Ground floor would be best, this is a historic hotel and the floors do " creak" a little:)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank naturesdesigns
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

The lodge is a landmark, classic 1920s Lake Resort with a great beach and lobby but... It's sadly run down not dirty bit quite worn. No shampoo or conditioner little bottles and some desk staff are not ver nice, while another wasn't sure if we could have breakfast the next morning?!? Breakfast was delish but that's another review

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Tracy T
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This inn has a simple charm and is centrally located to area activities. I loved that the inn has a private beach across the street. It is the ideal place to kick back and relax on the porch or beach. No tv's/internet in the room- perfect chance for some R & R. My only issue was that my sheets had sand on them (either from the blankets or previous guest) which I only discovered when I went to turn in for the night. I let them know at the front desk the bedding needed to be washed when I checked out so hopefully the next guest had a more pleasant experience. Overall a great historic inn. My only suggestion would be perhaps to leave brownies or some sort of treat in the rooms as a welcome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank BB6753
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We actually stayed at the sister inn of Lakeside, The Gordan Beach Inn, but we had our breakfast at the Lakeside Inn. I don't care what others are saying, it looked very peaceful and charming. As we enjoyed the breakfast buffett at the Lakeside Inn, people next to us were talking about hearing foot steps in the hallway all night long. Suddenly, one of the dining room doors OPENED AND CLOSED BY ITSELF!!! We were stunned. Then moments later the chandelier began swaying and continued until it was swaying out of control. It was amazing!!! Breakfast buffett was nice. Cost $5 per person and was worth it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Chris M
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Very shabby. :( Beautiful Historic Place that needs some sprucing up. Beds are hard and bedcovers are OLD. One wooden rocking chair in room. mirror in bathroom was 10 inch oval. Odd to say the least. The best thing about Lakeside Inn is that Lake Michigan is right across the street and it's centrally located for wine & beer tasting. Would stay again IF improvements are ever made.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank fitz49525
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lakeside
Holiday Inn Express New Buffalo
The Inn at Harbor Shores
#2 of 6 in Saint Joseph
Holiday Inn Express St. Joseph
Baymont Inn & Suites New Buffalo

Been to Lakeside Inn? Share your experiences!