“Nice hotel for a short stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Detroit, MI
“Nice hotel for a short stay”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is a nice hotel in Lansing. I have stayed here a few different time in the past year and was always very happy. Friendly staff greets you at the door. Rooms are good size, clean and comfortable. Good hot breakfast in the morning. All in all, you won't go wrong for the price.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Monroe, Michigan
Reviewed 23 December 2013

We've stayed here several times. They have a good value for the room. Clean, very clean. Friendly. Good breakfast. Nothing fancy and might even say a bit dated concerning the room. If you are looking for a basic room with good pricing, this is it. If you are looking for an upgraded room and amenities, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Check their web page for guaranteed lowest rates and other options such as AAA, etc. These rates can...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Harbor Beach
Reviewed 11 December 2013

The room was spacious, but smelled as if someone had recently smoked in it. Mostly clean. Being in a room near the pool proved to be a bit noisy until it closed. Breakfast was adequate with normal breakfast fare. Overall it was a nice stay.

Room Tip: Would have been nice to have a restaurant guide in the room with nearby restaurants and phone number...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I won a room at the Country Inn & Suites on Priceline. I have stayed at worse hotels; but this property does not deserve Priceline's 2 1/2 star rating. The staff were friendly upon checking in, and the room was decently clean. The TV was a new HD model with a wide variety of channels. My bed had at least one broken spring, though I personally liked this--I enjoy extra soft beds. I am mentioning it because I realize this would probably be a negative for most readers.

Now for the issues: The parking lot lights were not turned on the night I stayed (Nov. 20), making the lot pitch black. This could be a serious safety issue. As other reviewers have noted, the building is LOUD. I could hear the muffled conversation of the people in the next room, and it was obvious that they were talking at normal volume (and my hearing is not especially good, I might add). Furthermore, I could hear conversations swell and ebb as people walked down the hallway. I was extremely lucky that nobody was being unusually loud or having a party the night I stayed, as the lack of soundproofing would have been a major problem in such case. Finally, the shower had not been cleaned: In the midst of bathing, I noticed long, dark hairs on my bar of soap--definitely not my own! Upon closer inspection, said hair was stuck to the wall of the shower stall and to the curtain. I was in a hurry to leave, and did not inform staff of this, and the other shortcomings with this property. Hopefully, they (or Carlson) takes note of this and other reviews and corrects these deficiencies. Needless to say, there are other hotels in the Lansing area that are both cheaper and of higher quality than the Country Inn & Suites, and I will be patronizing those properties in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank cookaa
CarlsonRezidor, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear Sir,
I am sorry that your stay at The Country Inn & Suites of Lansing was not up to your standards. We try to go out of our way to make everyone stay here feel like home and are truly sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I have informed my staff of your concerns and will we will make every attempt to satisfy all future needs and wants of each and everyone of our guests'
Once again, please accept our apology,

T. Jerome O'Brien
Canton, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This Country Inn & Suites reminds me of a Bed and Breakfast, a nice comfortable stay.
It seem as if they have made some improvements to the décor in the rooms. The bathrooms are stocked with everything you might have forgotten to pack.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank netta2
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We've stayed at this hotel several times, and generally had good experiences. They have a pool, a decent breakfast, and are close to my family. BUT this time, a large family group was staying there for a reunion. Nice, right? Except that we were near the pool and the kids were running and yelling in the halls and banging the doors, well past the hours when the pool was supposed to be closed. And having loud conversations in the hall all night long. Several complaints to the desk did nothing. There was very little staff and no manager on site for the entire time we were there (5 nights). Or so we were told. We were promised a discount, which did not materialize. Afterward, the manager said we could not get a discount because we had prepaid (and my credit card was on file with them ...). She promised to send a voucher for a free stay. Never got it. Won't be staying there next time I visit.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on 2nd floor or above, NOT near the pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lansing, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
Lower Burrell, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stayed for a week-end with family and the hotel was alright. Staff was friendly and house-keeping did a great job. Location was excellent for the plans that we had for the time there. Had an issue with the first room we checked into but we were up-graded to a suite so that was fine. I just didn't like how it was handled. The breakfast was below average in my opinion and I only saw one person taking care of everything which was probably part of the problem. I'm not a picky person but they ran out of food, coffee, and plates and it took some time before things were replaced. I probably would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family