Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lansing, MI
US$85
ComfortInn
US$129
QualityInn
Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU(Lansing)(Great Value!)
US$63
US$149
US$139
US$172
US$161
All reviewstwo bedroom suitefresh cookiesroom was cleanmicrowave and mini fridgestay there againwaffleseasy accessnice breakfasthot itemsthird floorstaff was friendlyfree breakfasthot breakfastconvenient locationdesk clerkfitness centerone night stay
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed in a two bedroom suite with other members of my family who had traveled from various states to attend a wedding. I was most pleasantly surprised to find the windows opened FULLY in the rooms and was able to pull in fresh air - a real sticking point for me. Someone else had made the reservations so I really didn't expect open windows and was just going to try to get through the night as best I could. I was also pleasantly surprised to find a full size refrigerator since I always bring all my own food when I travel. Since I was the last to arrive, I ended up on the sleeper sofa and found it to be very comfy and got a good's night sleep. The room was clean and had no bad smells or fragrances(that is a plus in my book due to chemical sensitivities). I travel a lot for business and will keep this hotel brand in mind for the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2014

When booking our room for our convention downtown they didn't have regular rooms available and since their hot tub room still priced less than the Radisson downtown we gave it a whirl. The jacuzzi is a large "in the room type" jacuzzi. My husband has some health issue and we have a large tub at home to help him with his aches and pains so this was nice after a long day of working a convention downtown.

The room also had a refrigerator and microwave like most country inn and suite rooms. We were able to eat several meals in the room which was nice.

Two things that were a little "irksome". One, the shower was hard to pull to get it to go from tub to shower and the full pressure didn't get to the shower head, some of it still went to the tub faucet. I can't fault them though because I didn't call maintenance to check/fix as we didn't really want to deal with it. The other which was a bigger deal to me probably doesn't matter as much to most people but they only had banana's for fruit the second morning. First morning they had lovely cut up melon/pineapple/grapes (which I come to expect from Country Inn's and one of the reasons I book them) but the second morning no fruit was out. I asked and all they had was a bowl of banana's over by the breads. Pretty much the ONLY fruit I don't eat is banana's. We are Vegan so this really narrowed our already narrow choices for breakfast.

Would we go again, yes, and we would recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We visited this hotel for our anniversary in December (a surprise set up by my husband in advance). Very nice accommodations and decorated beautifully for Christmas (our anniversary is December 21st). Breakfast was adequate with quite a variety of choices. That weekend, the pool was closed for repairs, so that was a letdown. Since this was set up ahead of time for our anniversary, each day we received fresh flowers, a box of chocolates and a $25.00 gift card. Unfortunately, the Ice Storm of 2013 hit and the hotel lost power, so we couldn't stay the second night, but since the power was out we were not charged for the second night even though we were beyond the check out time. Other than the ice and having to depart early, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

We decided to stay here for a night away with two children to use the pool during Spring break. The room was nice, everything was very clean (although the room didn't smell good), and was well-stocked with towels/extra pillows/etc. The breakfast was adequate and offered a variety of items suitable to any taste. The carpeting needs to be updated, and the pool area should be maintained better (flickering wall lights/no underwater pool light/missing tiles/paint patches everywhere). The walls are incredibly thin, and I don't think I would stay on a weekend when the noise level could be higher. For the price, this hotel exceeded my expectations and ultimately succeeded in the kids having fun.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I do like this hotel: clean, good breakfast, nice staff, and I always enjoyed the pool and hot tub after a long day's work. Unfortunately, they no longer have a hot tub! That means I may just have to find a different hotel when I'm in Lansing. Totally bummed!

Room Tip: Stay away from the pool if you're sensitive to a chlorine smell.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business