“Best Deal in Lansing for sure!”

Red Roof Inn Lansing East
Ranked #20 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This place is the best deal in Lansing, for sure! I have stayed here many, many times, and every single time, it's always clean, and the staff is always friendly, especially Mary, who works nights at the front desk, she is the best!! They recently got a remodel, new flat screen tvs, new furniture, and before it was nice, now it's great! It is a budget rate hotel people, you aren't paying $350 a night, if you want that kind of service and amenities, go downtown to the Radisson or elsewhere, as this is a budget hotel, which means that it's basic. With that said, it's always clean, the staff is always friendly, it is very conveniently located (right off of one of the major expressways in town), and I have stayed here over 20 times.

Room Tip: I always stay in the King rooms, as it's always either myself or myself and my partner, so we do...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thank you for your review on Trip advisor, Its nice to here positive comments about your staff , and yes I agree Mary is great, as is all of my staff at Lansing East. As you stated Red Roof inn is a good value, just not in Lansing but throughout all Michigan. Again, thanks for the review and hope we will see you again at Lansing East.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Lansing East

Reviewed 6 May 2012

In town for the MSU graduation. Two stars because the people in the office were friendly and helpful. The room was really, really not clean.

Room Tip: If the room isn't clean, ask for another one. I thought all the rooms would be dirty but from t...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank toni35795

I want to thank you for taking the time to review Lansing East on Trip Advisor, Also, I would like to apologize that you did not have a great stay. Our job is to provide you with a clean, comfortable, and affordable room with great customer service. In your cases we only provided part of the formula and for that I am truly sorry. Please give us another try, I know we can meet all your lodging needs.Again, I apologize and thanks for staying at Lansing East.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stay at the Red Roof Inn whenever I am in town at MSU for business. The people who work for the Red Roof Inn are efficient, helpful, and friendly. Also it is right off of 127 so it’s easy to find. Their nightly rates are one of the cheapest in the area when compared to the majority of the other hotels around East Lansing and Lansing, but the rooms do not show this. Clean room, king size bed, flat screen TV, refrigerator, and microwave for about ½ to a ¼ of the price of some of the other hotels just for an example of what I am talking about. I have stayed there approximately 20 times last year/this year and would definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a hotel in East Lansing/Lansing area.

1  Thank wookie610
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I am not sure who thinks that this place is clean, but I sure don't. I arrived late on Friday night and was greeted with the pungent odor of cigarette smoke in the office, and one of the most unfriendly employees I've encountered at a hotel. To make matters worse, there were kids and parents everwhere, running up and down the stairs, running back and forth in front of the rooms. When I finally got to my room, it had clearly not been vaccumed, there were noticeable bits of "stuff" all over the floor.There were cigarette burn marks on the blanket under the comforter and on some of the ridiculously outdated furniture. The chair at the desk and in the room were filthy, I was reluctant to even put my suitcase on top of it. Yes, the superior king has a fridge, it froze all my beverages, and a microwave, but don't be fooled by the coffee maker as it is one of those one-cup wonders that makes hideous coffee. The shower was moldy and not clean. I read someone's review before booking this trip that said the hotel was isolated, DAMN RIGHT! You feel like you're in the middle of NOWHERE!

I cancelled my second night's stay and was provided with a half-hearted apology for all of my complaints. I will NEVER stay at this chain again!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 April 2012

They did a great job having my reservations (for a large group) ready...easy to check in and check out.
Clean and inexpensive. I've stayed here with my group at least 10 times and they've also been very good at helping us out.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have stayed there often in the last year. The location is terrific to get around the area and the staff always go out of there way to help with directions or anything you may need. I love my little bagged snack and will always recommend this hotel for a comfortable room with lots of space.

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times,as I travel for work.Everyone in the office, housekeeping have always made me feel like my comfort is their top priority! Anytime I am in the area this is the ONLY place I stay!!

• Stayed: March 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Red Roof Inn Lansing West
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 26 in Lansing
Causeway Bay Lansing Hotel
Staybridge Suites East Lansing-Okemos (MSU Area)

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!