“Its a Pet Friendly Red Roof Inn, duh!”

Red Roof Inn Lansing East
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Located convieniently off the Interstate, close to MSU (our destination).The staff was nice and helpful (actually got us ck'ed in early). The room had a few minor problems that we didn't concern 'office' about. The toilet only flushed if you held the handle down one certain way. Okay so we had to stand there and hold it a good 20 sec. the overhead light did not come on when switched on, but later it would randomly come on. We had to go get clean towels the next day because they thought we didn't want maid service, ??? (communication didn't happen). The morning we were leaving ants had found their way in and were all over the pet bowl. Had not one bug til then. The bathroom was very clean but old. The beds fairly comfortable, carpet not worn. (need to vacuum more thoroughly under beds, luckily all i saw was some change.) Thank heavens for 'pet-friendly' hotels!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rdkdyk
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to review us on tripadvisor , your comments will help us to provide better service to our customers and identify the areas we need to improve in. Thanks again for responding and hope you will stay with us the next time you stay in Lansing.

David S. Walsh General Manager Red Roof Inn Lansing East

Reviewed 14 May 2013

This place is a bit deceiving as the outside is a little shabby looking and the parking lot is full of potholes but once you get inside your room it's quite acceptable and good value for the money. The beds and pillows are new and comfortable and the room is surprisingly quiet, probably one of the quietest rooms I've ever been in even though they were fully booked both nights I was there. I heard one of the staff mention they were short on housekeeping staff when I checked in, which may explain why the room was not as clean as it might have been. I found several cobwebs, items on the carpet and hairs in the tub. The bedding was spotless and the towels were replaced each day so I didn't really have anything to complain about. Overall I was quite pleased with my stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank roasterdave
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about us us on tripadvisor. I will share your thought with the staff so they know exactly what the guest want so we can better serve our guest. Again thank you for your kind words, and please visit us again the next time you come to Lansing.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Overall the room was clean, noise transfer not a problem. Rooms had just been updated and looked great. Staff friendly, the only thing was one breakfast was given instead of two.
Location a little off Hwy 96 but not bad. The previous night we stayed in Ann Arbor and it was not as great as this one.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

I would like to thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about the property and the staff. In future stays if you need a 2nd breakfast just ask the front desk GSRs and they would be more than happy to provide you with another one. Thanks again for the review and please stay with us the next time you come to Lansing.

David Walsh General Manager
3615 Dunckel road

Reviewed 18 March 2013

I stayed here with my dog and the room was clean and everything was taken into consideration that I had my pet. I was given a room by the stairs so I could take him out easily. When I inquired about food, the desk clerk gave me a flyer about a pizza place that delivered hot fresh pizza in half an hour!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Thanks for the kind words and hope you like the new rooms. I hope you will stay with us the next time you are in Lansing and I will share your thoughts with the staff. Thanks again and I hope we will see you in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

I was alone in East Lansing, staying at the Red Roof Inn for several days while my poor old dog was undergoing treatment at MSU's Veterinary Hospital. During my stay I was sick with worry for my sweet dog. Then a nasty snow storm made it impossible for me to make it home on the scheduled day. Even though the RRI was fully booked for the additional night I needed to stay, Dave managed to find a room for me so that I didn't need to worry about driving in bad weather.
Each morning as I was getting coffee, Dave and Linda greeted me and chatted with me about my dog. Their kindness was so appreciated as I was feeling pretty anxious throughout my stay.
I highly recommend this hotel for it's cleanliness, location, and especially for the kindness of the staff!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MartyT49720
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Thank you for your kind words and hope your 4 legged friend is doing well. I know my Dog Lucy lights up my life and means the world to my wife and I. Please stay with us the next time you visit Lansing and hope you found the new rooms comfortable. I will share your kind words with Linda and the rest of the staff, thanks again and hope to see you at Lansing East again real soon.

GM David Walsh
3615 Dunckel Road

Reviewed 4 March 2013

I have periodically stayed at this Red Roof and have nothing but GREAT things to say about the staff and service they provide. I am a Redi Card holder and they never cease to amaze me at the detail and attention they provide me. It's easily the best value in town! I've gotten to know the staff and think they're awesome! Thanks Red Roof Dunckel for everything and future everythings!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

I will share your kind words with the staff and hope we will see you again in the near future. Our goal is to provide great service and a clean room for all, as well as a good price.We look forward to your next stay in our new renovated roopms..

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We were heading into town for the Miranda Lambert/Dierks Bentley concert. We decided that same day to book a motel online. I decided on Red Roof Inn due to distance from the Breslin Center and the price. It was the 3rd least expensive including a 20% Expedia.com discount. I was happy with the confirmation email stating what EXACTLY was to be charged on our card..including tax and fees. Bottom line price. Check in was 1 pm and check out was 12 noon the next day. Easily do-able. We got there, the clerk was really nice. We had chosen the non-smoking Superior King room instead of 2 beds (same price). First of all, the room did NOT smell like stale mildewy smoke like most motel rooms. The bed was enormous and nicely made. The room was clean, carpet was clean, there were clean and nicely folded towels. The room was also stocked with a coffee maker,coffee, sugar,creamer, etc.. soaps, tissues, a hair dryer, Pantene, a fridge,microwave, flat screen tv, and plenty of lighting. We were there to sleep after the concert. All we needed was the bed. That bed was seriously so comfortable, we joked about skipping out on the concert just to sleep. WELL WORTH IT. Our stay was clean, the water had heat and pressure. The motel was booked full and was not noisy. The added bonus was that we got to look out at farm fields (we live in the city but are from the country). We decided that from now on we will try to stay at a Red Roof Inn. The quality we received for the price was right-on. The desk clerk stated that they recently remodeled.You can go knowing you will receive warmth,comfort and relaxation.

Room Tip: We chose the Superior King instead of two beds. We didn't even know the other person was in the...