“Logan is Amazing!!”

Red Roof Inn Lansing East
Ranked #19 of 26 Hotels in Lansing
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My daughter and I arrived late to the Hotel. Logan met us at the front desk with the most amazing smile. We were dead beat tired and wanted fast and freindly service. She was quick to answer all questions. She told us she would handle all our request - and she did.

A special Thank You to Logan. We need you at every Hotel that we say at.!

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe, it is worth the money.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Thank you for responding on trip advisor and for your kind words about Logan and Lansing East. I am so glad we were able to exceed your expectation and delivery outstanding customer service. All the staff at Lansing East does everything possible to meet your needs and make your stay a great experience, please stay with us again the next time you are in Lansing, and please let all your friends know what a great value Lansing East is.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Just not clean. We were given a room on the first floor 122, that even though it was cleaned with bleach, smelled like wet dog and there appeared to be poop stains on the floor. The assistant manager was trying to be very accomodating and we ended with a room up on the second floor. However, This Red Roof NEEDS the new updating. I think the beds were, but the furniture is old and aweful. We paid about $76 for this room and it wasn't even a game weekend. Also because I am a Red Roof member that price was at a 20% discount with a no cancel rate. Even though I signed a paper, that if anyone smoked in the room it would be a $200 fine, the tub was riddled with previous cigarette burns ( I am not a smoker). Also make sure if you change up rooms that it gets registered in their system.They actually re-rented my room. Had the person not been honest and walked back out to the office immediately upon seeing other luggage, I could have lost some very expensive equipment. I was furious, but nothing was stolen and it ended up ok. We wouldn't have known that happened but my key card didn't work when I got back to the room for the evening. The night girl had no record of it being rented so they locked us out. I wish I could say better on this hotel because it was only 5 minutes away from my destination. The people were great but I won't stay here again until some real upgrading is done. Didn't sleep well either, as there was a lot of partying and argumentative people staying next to us and the walls seemed paper thin. This hotel is purely for the students and workers in the area at this time. If you are just traveling through I can't recommend this hotel at all! Sorry Red Roof. I hope you will get this hotel updated and turned around soon. You did it in Kalamazoo, MI with the stadium hotel. I hope you will pay attention to this one.

Room Tip: This hotel needs to be updated!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Thank you so much for responding on trip advisor, I apologize that we weren't able to accommodate you and make your stay memorable . The staff here at Lansing East works very hard to satisfy our guest and make each guest want to return. I can truly say we our updating all our rooms, for example this year all rooms received new bed,curtain, carpets, and chairs.Fifty rooms were painted and received new bath floors while 38 rooms have updated furniture. We also have done many more updates which I have not mentioned and will continue to do so through the year and into the next. I hope you will give us another chance and stay in the Red Roof family.Again thanks for staying at Lansing East and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here again and had very nice room. newly remodeled and the staff was very helpful thanks again! Convenient to have brown bag breakfast with fruit, muffin and water clean rooms plenty of parking gas station nearby and convenient location right off the highway

Stayed: October 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

thanks for your kind words, this staff works really hard to satisfy our guest and keep them coming back for their lodging needs in Lansing. I will share your thoughts with the staff and please come again soon! we love our return guest.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Previously we have been reluctant to stay in a Red Roof facility but after reading reviews we decided to stay here for an overnight after touring the Michigan State campus. We were delighted with the personnel and the room. Clean and with an outside entrance we desire it turned out perfect. The desk clerk recommended a nearby restaurant that was just right and most of all we needed to print credentials to an event we were attending the next day in Chicago and she offered the use of the motel computer in order for us to accomplish this task. So FRIENDLY and accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

I agree the location is conveniently near MSU campus and our goal is to have every guest to leave with a smile and return again in the future. Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your stay at Lansing East and we will continue to supply all our guest with a clean, comfortable, and affordable room.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

We are parents of a freshman at Michigan Statue University. We selected your hotel because it was close to campus, inexpensive and we could bring our puppy. We plan to come to E. Lansing often to see our daughter and we'll certainly be back! For those reasons, we enjoyed our stay. What was amazing is the interaction and customer service we received from Logan at the front desk. She was personable, pleasant and extremely helpful with issues. The room had an smoke odor and she was right there with spray to remove the odor. You seriously need to do something about your smoke odor in the rooms. The spray helped but it was still very strong. While I wasn't too happy with the A/C operation...all in all...it was a decent stay. It's Logan that deserves a BIG KUDOS for going out of her way to keep the guest happy! Thank you Logan!! See you soon

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Yes I agree Logan is a great employee and does her best to satisfy our guest, as does the entire staff here at Lansing East. We are very pleased that we will see you again in the future and hope you will stay with us each time you come to visit your loved one at MSU, I will share your thoughts with the staff and thank you for staying at Landing East.

Reviewed 1 September 2013

Very nice rooms with flat screen tv everyone from desk clerk to maids and Dave the manager went out of their way to make sure my stay was great, great location near the highway with quiet rooms. Would definetly recommend!

• Stayed: August 2013

Thanks for the kind words I will share them with staff abd we hope you we will see you again in the future, our goal is to please all our guest and an affordable price in a clean room. Again, thanks for your kind words and for staying at Lansing East.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Disgusting dirty bathroom. Clearly this room was just spot vacuumed. The toilet never saw a brush before I stayed here tonight. I had to use a handful of toilet paper to wipe out the toilet scum. The so - called "non smoking " policy is a joke. patrons are standing on the outside if their rooms with the doors open smoking away. Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
redroof29, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

I apologize that you did not have a great stay,and some items were missed in your room. We try very hard to provide a clean comfortasble room for all our guest and again I apologize for not meeting your needs. I hope you will give us another try and rthank you for staying at Lansing East.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lansing
Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU
#14 of 26 in Lansing
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lansing, MI
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lansing at Eastwood
Candlewood Suites East Lansing

Been to Red Roof Inn Lansing East? Share your experiences!