“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Troy, Michigan
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

This Red Roof Inn has definitely been the best I have stayed in. It is surrounded by trees with in private street, close to a variety of restaurants, nice clean remodeled rooms, and a front desk staff that always greet you with a smile and take the time to make the stay a pleasant experience. Thanks to the staff I now have a RediCard rewards membership that racks up points every time I stay, On my way to free stay

Room Tip: Front rooms on the second floor have the best view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
Thank you so much for your review on our location. We loved having you stay with us and wish you all the best. I will be sure to share this with the rest of the team. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
DeWitt, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

This hotel was very clean and modernized. The newly renovated rooms were a welcome surprise. All the rooms now have brand new beds and flat screen tv's. The staff was amazing. They were very knowledgeable about the area and very pleasant to talk with. Everyone was really friendly.

2 Thank jrjisus
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed the new upgrades in the room. I will be sure to share your thoughts with the team. We look forward to your next visit!
Schaumburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

Nice place, remodeled and very decent for the price. It was clean and maid staff was very nice along with front desk. I will stay there again when I return for Michigan State University trips. I got their best room, all was clean and nice. I forgot my power cord for a medical device of mine I had left in my room. Didn't discover it until later Saturday night when I returned to the Chicago Area. Maid staff had found it, turned it into front desk and they mailed it back to me at my home address. Now that was great!! Thank you very, very much!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 4 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm so happy to hear your stay was good and your room was clean. I'm also glad to hear you recieved your cord, it was my pleasure to mail that to you! We look forward to your next visit.
Lansing, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

I was worried after booking this hotel from the negative reviews. I wasn't expecting anything special when I checked-in but was pleasantly surprised at the room. It was clean and the tv was pretty good. My only negative was that online the check-in time states 1pm but when I tried checking in at 4:15pm I was told my room was not ready and to come back in an hour or so. That's not acceptable due to me having a set time schedule that I was on, I had an hour to kill and had to waste my gas driving around trying to waste time. but overall for the price I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 1 September 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I am glad you enjoyed your stay, I am also very sorry you had to wait past official check in time. We have been very busy during our peak season, and some times run behind our cleaning schedule. Thank you again for your time.
Owosso, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

learned my lesson. no more stays at motel 6. it might have been an isolated incodent. from here on in i will stay at red roof inn. the room was immaculant. microwave and refrig. big screen tv. free wi-fi and the service was excellent. and i found no excessive amount of flies. i don't care about these other reviews which are negative, for red roof inn. all i can say, i enjoyed my stay there at the red roof inn,

Room Tip: red roof inn ur the bomb
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. Your kind response is what keeps us motivated to provide quality service and rooms. I'm very glad you enjoyed our new updated rooms. We look forward to your next visit!
Flint, mi
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

The location of this Red Roof is good because of it's close proximity to the expressway, an excellant gourmet farm market/ grocery store, shopping and restaurants.

The location of this Red Roof is bad, because it seems to be a magnet for bad, unruley people.

The room was very good and was recently remodeled. The bed was comfortable and the flatscreen tv was very good. The only room downside I could find was that the toilet tank had a small leak, and the carpet was so new, it still had the strong "new carpet" smell.

There were many disturbances at this location.

Shortly after checking in, there were police sirens in the parking lot. The police made an arrest of one of the hotel guests.

The balconies are constructed poorly, as anyone walking past the room is loudly heard. Any conversations outside on the balcony are easily heard.

Late at night, around 3:30am to 4:30am there were many dogs barking. A disturbed guest a few rooms down started yelling out "shut up". A little while later, the barking stopped.

The next morning, an intoxicated person was found in the ice machine area. Funny, how the hotel staff didn't think that it was worth the effort to contact the police.

While eating breakfast, one hotel staff member said to the desk clerk "check this out, I can't believe someone made such a mess in their room for staying only one night". Both left to investigate, leaving the desk unattended for about four minutes.

The free breakfast here was very minimal... a few apples, granola bars, instant oatmeal, and danish-style pastries in plastic wrap. No microwave oven. Seating only for two in the breakfast area.

If you enjoy sleep...stay elsewhere.

I have no idea where the two traveler photos of the stairway and foyer are located... certainly not here. The photo of the go-carts in the parking lot look like they are somewhere else as well. My photo of police activity was definately taken at this location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm very sorry you had to endure the events of the previous weekend. It is certainly not normal for this quiet little inn. The arrest was due to a chase that happened to end in our parking lot, unfortunate for us and our guests. The gentle man in the vending area had suffered a seizure and fell into the wall, emergency was called, and he is now recovering. I wanted to make sure you were aware of the very extenuating circumstances surrounding the weekend’s events. I am very glad you enjoyed our new upgrades and had time to visit Horrock's market next door! Again, thank you for your time and I hope you are willing to give us another try.
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

I booked the Red Roof Inn Lansing West after reading reviews. I am planning to return as service was good, the room was somewhat better than I expected and they have a few good restaurants nearby. Although I did not try the breakfast offer, I doubt that the experience would be great given the tiny size of the facility.

The room was clean and I had a great sleep.

Hotel was easy to get to, loads of conveniences around for gas, some shopping and restaurants. Planning to come back.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 11 August 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. We have worked very hard in the last few weeks making many new upgrades including new mattresses and bedding, new carpet in all rooms, and flat screen TV's. I will be sure to share your review with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next visit!