Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU
US$133
Courtyard Lansing(Lansing)
US$163
Courtyard
All reviewslansing westfront deskburger kingroom was cleanstaff was very friendlygreat roomplace to sleepa great stayflat screenmicrowave and fridgewould stay againenjoyed my stayone night staycookiesoff the highwayconvenient locationmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We have stayed at this location many times over the years, and they never disappoint. The people are great and go out of the way to make you feel like family. The guests are the same way, everyone is so friendly! Room is cheap and clean!

Room Tip: Get a second floor room, they are always better, and less used.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. We really appreciate the great comments, I will be sure to share them with my team. We truly thank you for your repeat business, and look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel has gone down the hill. First room did not have working air conditioning. There were stains on bedspread in both rooms. People partying and cars coming and going at 4:30am. It appreared that some people were living there with their children. Children were begging for money for the candy machine. I won't be staying there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing Red Roof Inn, I'm very sorry you had a bad experience with us. I can assure you that the issues mentioned will be address immediately. This location is normally very quiet. Thank you again, and please contact me personally next time you are in the area, and I will assure you a great, quiet, clean room!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

The property was cleanboth outside as well as my room. The manager and her staff went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable and all staff memebers I ran into on the property made a point to greet me. This is one of my favorite places to stay when I am in the Lansing Area for business.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I will be sure to share your comments with the team. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My husband, two children and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for four nights. The rooms were in excellent condition and were clean. The hotel is in a quiet location, so sleeping was no problem. The location is great as there are lots of restaurant and fast food places nearby. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm glad to hear you had a good stay, and enjoyed your room. I'll be sure to share the review with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I stayed here from April 10 to the 12th of 2013. Before we even arrived for our stay, I had found out my credit card was charged for more than what the internet invoice quoted me. I had to call the hotel to have that corrected. After our arrival my friend and I were very upset in the cleanliness of the room and the lobby. From black fingerprints on walls, hairs in tub, filthy bedspreads, and floors not well vacummed, to the lobby looking like the floor hadn't been attended to in days, it was really disgusting. I did not report it to the person behind the desk because it seemed that the events going on with the employee/family member was more important than my stay. I have stayed here before and had a very clean room, clean lobby, and great staff attention. I did take pictures that I have decided not to show in fairness to the manager whom after I did a Red Roof survey, made it right. I also waited to write this review because I wanted to be fair. I do not know if I will stay at this Red Roof again because it was just that bad. I have stayed at many others that have been worth the price for the night. If everything had been better I would have written that the price at about $60 per night was good. I guess to be fair if your room is not clean and the staff ignores your presence, make yourself known and lodge the complaint. I will say this manager seems to care and after finding out about my stay, did make things right.

Room Tip: Check your invoices and your room before you stay!!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Homewardbound2010
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West - MSU, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm glad I was able to assure you about my genuine care and appathy to your situation. I have made some changes since April and hope you will give us another try! Please contact me directly and I'd be more than happy to make sure your next stay is 100%!