“Very pleased.”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Lansing
Tempe, Arizona
“Very pleased.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed at this Red Roof Inn for two weeks while visiting family. The check inn process was very quick and easy. The room was very, very clean. I was very pleased with the room. I called ahead and asked if they had any weekly rates due to the length of time I would be staying, and they said they offer those sometimes during the year and I was able to secure one. My room was cleaned every day with the beds made and fresh towels. Very happy with the staff and feel that for the price, it is a deal. I only have two complaints. One, would be that the parking was pretty limited as they constantly had semi trucks parked right infront of the rooms. But, for the room I had, I could deal with that. Also, I saw someone smoking a joint outside one of the rooms. However, I wouldn't necessarily say that was the hotels fault, so I'm not marking them down for that. Overall, I was very pleased and plan to stay again!

Room Tip: I choose the first floor, and while I did hear some noise upstairs a couple times, it was surprising...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West property. I'm very glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to your next stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Easy check-in and -out, with friendly people at the desk both times. Everything worked and was clean, although basic. Doors open right into parking area/balcony. Lots of working people staying there, so the lot was full of trucks and big rigs. Will stay there again on my next trip to Lansing.

Room Tip: The second floor is a little quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! I will be happy to share your review with the rest of the team. We look forward to your next visit.
Cheboygan, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

This was my first experience staying at a Red Roof Inn, and I was pleased. It is conveniently located off the interstate, the room was comfortable and clean, and the staff was friendly. The only drawback was the noise at night, as the rooms open out into the parking lot. Between room noise wasn't noticeable. I would stay at this motel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We look forward to your next visit.
Bolton
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Not a bad place for just a good night's sleep. Not many frills, but clean and OK. Small bathroom. Nice King bed. Only negative was that I could not connect to the WiFi. Otherwise OK, friendly staff in both morning & evening.

Room Tip: At least a dozen hotels in this West Lansing area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the Lansing West location. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I also wanted to let you know that we are currently installing new internet service at the property! Thank you again, and we look forward to your next stay.
Detriot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

I've been staying at this location regularly for years, they've gone through many renovations over the years to keep the rooms looking nice. But the main reason I continue to stay is the staff, they are all great people who are always willing to help!

Room Tip: Always pick upstairs if you can, they don't get used as much
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review for the Lansing West location! I'm very pleased to hear about your stay and glad you enjoy your time with us. We look forward to your next visit!
Midland, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

This Red Roof is an older style motel with doors opening to the parking lot. This type of setup is inherently noisier than indoor rooms. The rooms are newly redone and quite nice. The beds are comfortable and the mini-fridge and microwave are nice. The wi-fi worked well. The bathroom had a musty smell, however. This is a non-smoking property, but my neighbors smoked right outside the door and the smoke was sucked into my room by the heater/AC. The temperature adjustment on the heater did not have an effect on the temperature of the air emitted. Outside noise was bothersome as some folks found the need to shout obscenities far into the night. They may as well have been in the room for what little sound damping the outside walls had. Room to room noise was not much of a problem. No breakfast is served, but Denny's and Bob Evans are close by. By the time you add the cost of the breakfast to your night's charges, you may as well stay at a better quality establishment that serves breakfast. I won't be back.

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Lansing West location. I'm glad you enjoyed our renovations including our new beds and flat screen TV's. I'm very sorry some of our guests made your stay less enjoyable. Thank you again for your time, and business.
Holland, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This place is awful!!!!! We arrived to a room that smelled like smoke, had damp towels, and a bed with badly wrinkled sheets. When the air conditioner came on it had a roar like a jet engine getting ready to take off. Woke up the next morning and had an accident getting out of the parking lot as cars were parked in an area not designated for parking. They were parked there because there was no available parking as semi trucks were parked in the designated parking areas. Spoke to the manager who WAS accommodating and assured us we would hear from corporate offices within a short period of time. Then found out we were charged for a "superior" king room but were given a handicap accessible room. Had we not checked out the pictures of the rooms in the front office, we stupidly would have been overcharged.
On night two, we got back to the room only to find that our key no longer worked. Went to the main office and told the desk clerk and she gave us a new key WITHOUT CHECKING OUR IDENTITY. Just simply handed the key to our room to us, no questions asked. Night three...relatively uneventful except that the remote for the television did not work hence another walk to the managers office.
On the morning we checked out, we were asked if we stayed 14 nights. We said no, only 3. We were told that the room was registered to a woman named Carolyn Jones and her children and that they had stayed for 14 days. Remember that non-working key...pretty scary as they did not even have us registered in that room.
All in all a very poor experience. We had stayed here in a superior king room in December and were very pleased. We recommended this hotel to my son and his fiancé who were visiting with us. His experience was just as positive as ours. He was charged $1.50 per night for the safe. Very embarrassing!!! Called the corporate number on Tuesday and spoke to someone who did not want to hear about the experience and gave me the number to "Guest Relations". The debacle continues here. I spoke with Natasha (who had a really poor attitude) at Guest Relations who basically didn't care. She told me I would hear from corporate offices with 2 business days. Well, it is 11:30pm on Thursday and NO call from anyone. Guess it was sent to the same folks who were to call us about the accident in the parking lot.
Jennifer (the manager)was very nice and accommodating which was appreciated. Jennifer, you do seem to understand the words Customer Service. Please try to find employment in another chain of hotels. In this hotel, your employees do not seem to care and you must spend a lot of time fixing their mistakes. Also, do you really want to work for a chain of hotels whose idea of Guest Relations is to say, "Call you back within 2 days" and then never follow up?
Needless to say, we will NEVER stay in a Red Roof Inn again. In fact, tomorrow morning I am cancelling reservations at another hotel in this chain. I guess it's true....you get what you pay for!!! My advice..run from here as fast as you can!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank k177600
Jennifer T, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Lansing West, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Lansing West location. I'm very sorry your stay was not what we expect for all our guests, and we will be diligently working on correcting the issues addressed. We thank you for your business!